Reviving clone genetics with natural sunlight?

• Thread starter Pileit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pileit

Pileit

This winter while perusing some grow videos on YouTube I heard a breeder suggest you can revive clone from clone genetics/vitality by giving them some time under outdoor sunshine. He had some clone from clone strains several years running and Said it revives them. Has anyone tried or heard of this working? Thanks so much for all the great advice I have received here.

BigCube

BigCube

This winter while perusing some grow videos on YouTube I heard a breeder suggest you can revive clone from clone genetics/vitality by giving them some time under outdoor sunshine. He had some clone from clone strains several years running and Said it revives them. Has anyone tried or heard of this working? Thanks so much for all the great advice I have received here.

What do you mean by revive?

I think first, it would have to be proven that something is lost from cloning. I'm not sure it's ever been proven. More likely people getting complacent with their strain.

That being said, I'm not sure how sunlight could change anything. The mechanism isnt there. The plant cant tell the difference between the sun and a decent grow light with a spectrum within the normal range of the suns spectrum.

Just me, I'm no scientist. But it smells really funny to me.

RookieBuds

RookieBuds

I agree with Cube. I'll take it a step further and speculate, the sunlight might be good to "revive" a clone based on its entirely full spectrum, and rate of penetration to the plant. No light provides what the sun can.

Top Bottom