Rez and water chiller recommendations

• Thread starter evu80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
evu80

evu80

Sup fellas,

I love that this site has a forum dedicated to the current culture system. I have learn a lot within the past few days just by browsing through each thread.

While I could search each thread for my answers, I was hoping this is a quicker way of getting a response. I'm about to set up a 16 site 13xl unit within the next few days.

I'm going to have to buy myself a water chiller and would like to know what are some of the better ones out there. I'd hate to buy one that is either too small for my unit or is a piece of crap without knowing it.

also is it a must to have a reservoir and if so, how big?

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

cch2o.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=48

All the recommendations you're seeking are on the spec sheet on this link.

BCrocker

BCrocker

I'm looking at getting a 1.5HP , although I am not sure what brand to get either. :s Possible the EcoPlus 1.5HP ... not sure. It needs to be placed indoors and cannot be sitting outside for me

S

sourkush91

I recently got a 2 hp chillking and its awsome... In my opinion chill king it top of the line...

S

sourkush91

No it can be sat outdoors or as a window unit and from the outside it looks just like a window ac unit im chilling about 50 gallons of water whice cools my lights using the hydro innovations ice boxes, also running a water cooled dehumidifier and running through a stainless steel coil that cools my current culture...

evu80

evu80

Sourkush,

how much did that chiller set you back?

and from the sound of it, this particular chiller works very much like a window AC unit so its not in the same room as the CC system?

S

sourkush91

I got the chiller at whole sale it was about 2k... My chiller sits in a window right outside my room... it needs to be mounted in a window or it can also be sat outside but i wouldnt set it inside for the extreme amount of heat it puts off and now that its starting to cool down where i live the chiller compressor has to run less and less because of the water pumping the copper coil which is outside and with it being 50 outside it doesnt have to work nearly as hard... Hope this helps.

BCrocker

BCrocker

I would like to mount in window or outside, although in this application I cannot do either. Need an indoor solution for this

S

sourkush91

The way mine was set up was pretty easy since everything was outside of the room and all i had to do was run 2 half inch lines through my wall one to the chiller and one returning from my chller to the res inside my room

evu80

evu80

The way mine was set up was pretty easy since everything was outside of the room and all i had to do was run 2 half inch lines through my wall one to the chiller and one returning from my chller to the res inside my room

looks like my only choice is the 1HP eco chiller for 1100 bucks

wish I could get something as nice as yours but after spending money on the CC system my bank account is pretty much tapped out.

I might end up having some logistical issue as to where to place the chiller. Can it be place or should it be place inside the actual bloom room so i dont have to drill holes etc.

Im trying to find out how much air does this chiller needs so it doesnt suffocate and burn out cause if it doesnt need much I can stick it inside a crawl space up in the attic.

btw are you running a reservoir

BCrocker

BCrocker

looks like my only choice is the 1HP eco chiller for 1100 bucks

wish I could get something as nice as yours but after spending money on the CC system my bank account is pretty much tapped out.

I might end up having some logistical issue as to where to place the chiller. Can it be place or should it be place inside the actual bloom room so i dont have to drill holes etc.

Im trying to find out how much air does this chiller needs so it doesnt suffocate and burn out cause if it doesnt need much I can stick it inside a crawl space up in the attic.

btw are you running a reservoir

I am in the same situation.. but with a 30 site UC. I believe there is a 1.5 HP EcoPlus but I cannot find any reviews on it. I for sure do not want to cheap out on this... because if it dies, :(

evu80

evu80

I am in the same situation.. but with a 30 site UC. I believe there is a 1.5 HP EcoPlus but I cannot find any reviews on it. I for sure do not want to cheap out on this... because if it dies, :(

I doubt eco plus makes them any bigger than 1hp. You can always try to contact a local hydro store to find out for sure. You don't have to settle on the eco brand at all as there should be many options for us out there. Check out the aquarium stores to find out what they carry. I'm going thru that route as well to see if there's a better deal than the eco.

BCrocker

BCrocker

I hear ya. I was thinking maybe to use two 1 HP units instead... not sure yet.

I can get a "C-2500 2HP Aquarium Chiller" locally..

looks just like that.

evu80

evu80

Crocker,

how many lights and buckets are you using? 2 tons is a big ass chiller.

Sucks we have to spend about half of what we spent on a UC system on a chiller lol

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

what temps are your source waters?

We chill with our 55 degree spring water.

evu80

evu80

currently I'm using R/O water I store in a tank. I would guess its a bit cooler than room temp so 74 degrees maybe?

My bloom room is running around 83 right now. I'm maxed out cause I can't install another AC unit given layout

what's easier or more practical. spend time and more money to plumb a hard line ( or does it have to be? ) or just a hose and pump and top off daily. I cant fit a reservoir inside the room either.

S

sourkush91

I love the chill king it def isnt a cheap unit but i see the problem your running into and it suck... Im running about a 30 gallon res for my chiller... its super effecient with the ice boxes... keeps my room within 2 degrees... im running deathstar right now and it seems to like it a little warm so i have my room around 83 degrees also.

BCrocker

BCrocker

what temps are your source waters?

We chill with our 55 degree spring water.

Lately, about 68 out of the tap and dropping as it gets colder. The thing is if I am filling up my holding res (300gal) it will get to room temp. fairly quick.

Unless I shouldn't be storing RO'd water in the 300 gal, I was thinking it would be a good idea to have the 300 gal stored in the event of a problem.

BCrocker

BCrocker

Crocker,

how many lights and buckets are you using? 2 tons is a big ass chiller.

Sucks we have to spend about half of what we spent on a UC system on a chiller lol

30 X 13 gallon buckets, so it will be about 11 gallons in each.

I love the chill king it def isnt a cheap unit but i see the problem your running into and it suck... Im running about a 30 gallon res for my chiller... its super effecient with the ice boxes... keeps my room within 2 degrees... im running deathstar right now and it seems to like it a little warm so i have my room around 83 degrees also.

I am looking into a ChillKing window unit... There is a window I can use, but it is part of the veg room as well... This room would be 80-82 most of the time. Not sure if this will create a smell/noise problem either.

Are you using the window unit? What size of window does it require? or better yet, what are the dimensions of the window unit? Thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom