rheumatoid arthritis help

• Thread starter YosemiteSam
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

YosemiteSam

Does anyone have any experience treating RA with mj? My mom would like to know about any advice or experiences. She is currently taking nsaids and looking for alternatives. She wants to know things like; how much she needs to take and how often.

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
I have been though the ringer of RA drugs and find that edibles help the best...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have greater trochanteral bursitis (bursitis in the hips) and I find that cannabis does little, but it does help. Edibles might be more helpful, but my own experience is extremely limited, so I would look to members like Graywolf for advice on that.

My husband is also investigating a drug used overseas but that is not approved in the US for anything other than use on animals--Alflutop. It is a chondro-protector.

B

boxturtle

Sam I have sufferd with RA sence I was a child, and understand how frustrating
it can be, to live with not only the stiffness of swolen joints, as well as the pain that radiates where bones become close togeather. In my own limited personal experience in the past few years that I have used marijuana to treat myself, I have found that my personal prefferencies are split from enjoying more sativa dominate strains to help eliminate stiffness, and encurage movement, to a indica for a solid sleep. One of the most frustrating things that comes from RA is the nessestiy to move with a decreased ablity to do so. Along with this often comes the fear that by moving one might over exert themself and thereby do more dammage. I have found that by understanding how different types of marijuana affect me I can better control my RA with there use. Finaly drinking plenty of water will also assist in keeping synovial fluid levels high, which tend to decrease throught the day as one becomes dehydrated. It should be noted that this is just my personal experience, and it may not be the best method but it works for me, and i hope the information was helpfull.

S

sweetbee

Sam, aloha, you might want to do a search for " North American Apitherapy Society"
There has been numerous studies on various forms of arthritis and their treatment using " bee venon therapy ", I'm sure just a search for "bee venon therapy will bring up
.a Pandoras' box of information. Boxturtle ! thanks for reminding us all that we need More Water ! { especially you, of course } ! and Seamaiden, could you make an ointment with organic olive, hemp, sunflower, or Sweetbees' favorite, coconut oil with "buds immersed " for relief ? I love the Farm . . . please take care of yourselves, Sweetbee
I believe recipes can

G

GettinHeadband

From all the strains I've tried for joint pain in the upper back & neck. It's rare to find a mostly sativa strain to help with pain but they exist AK-47, Nebula and various Diesel. Sour Diesel seems to elevate the mood, giving the supportive strength to manage pain. Hybrid strains, especially Indica dominant strains seem to dramatically alleviate symptoms of pain.

Budder (whipped BHO) or Oil concentrates should be used instead of or with bud. If no pain relief is noticed at this stage, combining edibles and caps of THC/CBD. :lock:

Cyclol

Cyclol

Organic Cannabinoïd
Supporter
Hi ! Some interesting source to dig for me as i'm beginning to feel some serious pain due to Hereditary Arthritis, combining with serious Arthrose due to the high solicitation of my back and neck... As I fell down back to the ground till today when I'm surprised by a badass muscles spasms and that I fail to recover my balance...
When I move my neck or my shoulders, it cracks everytime... sometimes the lumbar vertebres cracks well too depending on the movement...
Since 2001, I experimented that MJ also could aliviate this kind of pain, but it not was strong pain... I let the time go and today, 10 years after, I'm thinking in consulting a Rhumatologist to combine with other treatment because today the pain really starting to be stronger and very embarrassing for a lot of movement, keeping MJ to ehance mood and motivation with sativas dominant or a good indica for a deep sleeptime...

Bee Venon Therapy... ? I will looking out there for more info thanks !

never tried AK47, but I have some Diesel stuff in my collection... right now i'm vegging some fem freebies... Diesel (Dinafem & G13Lab), Sour Cream (DNA), SharkAttack + White Russian(WWxAK47) + Sweet Deep Grapefruit (Dinafem), Spicy White Devil (Samsara) + few others...

I expect to find some good results....

Peace

Thanks for sharing, Peace...

M

magiccaldron

I too have a loved one with RA. Is there any topical MJ solutions? smoking is not an option.

nebulius

nebulius

Download the Arthritis PDF I attached that's from Americans for Safe Access. It has good medical info about cannabis and Arthritis.

My personal experience having RA and using cannabis:

I am in my early 30's and have RA and use cannabis to help with pain. I found that some cannabis works well for pain and others do very little or even make it worse. Like SeaMaiden said eating it is the best way to take it in my opinion. When eaten it takes about an hr to become active and lasts usually 3-5hrs. Eating cannabis helps relax the muscles, helps you sleep at night, helps distract from the pain, and lessens pain.

The second best way to take it is in a vaporizer. People with RA have weakened immune systems and smoking is more detrimental for us and takes us longer to heal from the damage cause by inhaling smoke.

Another product that helps me is Dr. Greens cannabis lotion. It's made from shea butter and infused with cannabis and essential oils (i like lavender for relaxation).

CBD strains work best for pain and RA, Harlequin is the best I have found so far. If you don't have access to tested cannabis, 100 %Indica strains are the next best choice. They relax the body and help with muscle pain and joint pain and tension.

View attachment arthritis_medical literature.pdf
dankworth

dankworth

Download the Arthritis PDF I attached that's from Americans for Safe Access. It has good medical info about cannabis and Arthritis.

My personal experience having RA and using cannabis:

I am in my early 30's and have RA and use cannabis to help with pain. I found that some cannabis works well for pain and others do very little or even make it worse. Like SeaMaiden said eating it is the best way to take it in my opinion. When eaten it takes about an hr to become active and lasts usually 3-5hrs. Eating cannabis helps relax the muscles, helps you sleep at night, helps distract from the pain, and lessens pain.

The second best way to take it is in a vaporizer. People with RA have weakened immune systems and smoking is more detrimental for us and takes us longer to heal from the damage cause by inhaling smoke.

Another product that helps me is Dr. Greens cannabis lotion. It's made from shea butter and infused with cannabis and essential oils (i like lavender for relaxation).

CBD strains work best for pain and RA, Harlequin is the best I have found so far. If you don't have access to tested cannabis, 100 %Indica strains are the next best choice. They relax the body and help with muscle pain and joint pain and tension.
My arthritis symptoms in my hands and back have improved dramatically with lots of dietary changes. Step 1 for any autoimmune-disorder diet is taking wheat out of the diet.

nebulius

nebulius

I do find certain foods or even not eating on time can agate my RA. I did a few diets and cutting out wheat does help a bit. The best diet I found was Arthritis: Fight it With The Eat Right For Your Blood Type Diet.

Another thing that irritates my RA and causes pain is changes in weather, high winds, low pressure systems.

I haven't been keeping up with this diet, just been eating a lot healthier, lots of organic fruits, veggies, fish, etc.

The body is mysterious, just kind of does what it wants.

Glad you found something that helps ya Dank!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It's already well known and documented that solanceous foods, peppers, eggplants and tomatoes, but especially peppers. aggravate RA badly. I learned that through a dietitian listserve posting my mother shared with me on Celiac and gluten-intolerance.

dankworth

dankworth

It's already well known and documented that solanceous foods, peppers, eggplants and tomatoes, but especially peppers. aggravate RA badly. I learned that through a dietitian listserve posting my mother shared with me on Celiac and gluten-intolerance.
When my Crohn's was doing very poorly I made a scramble with eggs and peppers. It almost put me in the hospital.
Had I had any insurance I certainly would have gone to the hospital.
Strangely I can say from personal experience that tomatoes are part of the dietary changes that are healing me. But then again I do not have RA per se as far as I know, just Crohn's.
If it weren't for self-diagnosis, there woundn't be any diagnosis around here haha.

Fools Gold

Fools Gold

i would try a topical application, prob best to use a glycerine extract.

wow DW tomatoes, ive heard of wheat. it is crazy how they dont teach people how important diet is.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
There are more problems with our foods today, as well. Don't forget that many foods, such as wheat and tomatoes, have really been manipulated to a great degree, with effects that are as-yet not well understood, or only just becoming understood.

The same is true of all our foods. It's now coming out that those who eat grass-fed/pastured animal products have lower rates of many diseases that are now all too common. There was a study about 15 years ago that I'd read in Scientific American comparing rates of heart disease and cancer between different geographical and ethnic areas around the world. Included in the study were Japanese, and Greeks. Despite eating a diet much higher in fat, the Greeks had FAR lower rates of both diseases. It was initially speculated that the carbohydrate forms consumed were the culprit (and I think they very well may be still, as I believe the soil in which they're grown, along with the methods used, play a huge role here), or the fats, or a combination of the two.

What is now believed is that it is those animals that have access to the most natural forage (such as wild-caught salmon, pasture-grazed chicken, goat, sheep, beef, pork) are the best for use specifically because of the fatty acids and the ratios found in them.

Also, it's now becoming established that, generally, heirloom vegetables and fruits are healthier for us, as well as the fact that the soils and methods used for growing anything playing a role.

My husband recently relayed to me an interesting tidbit he learned reading a book called Wheat-belly. Today's wheat is genetically modified and has 42 chromosomes whereas the old einkhorn has something like 14. It has been modified specifically to produce more *gluten*. So, now what happens?

Yeah.

S

SoloSour

When my Crohn's was doing very poorly I made a scramble with eggs and peppers. It almost put me in the hospital.
Had I had any insurance I certainly would have gone to the hospital.
Strangely I can say from personal experience that tomatoes are part of the dietary changes that are healing me. But then again I do not have RA per se as far as I know, just Crohn's.
If it weren't for self-diagnosis, there woundn't be any diagnosis around here haha.
hey dank i have crohns too,thanks for the tip to leave out the wheat bread!

dankworth

dankworth

hey dank i have crohns too,thanks for the tip to leave out the wheat bread!
Hey dude, I have taken out wheat, corn, soy, dairy, artificial colors and flavors, any chems in the food.
Genetically modified food is worse for me.
I also have been taking Cal/mag/zinc, multi-vitamin(iron and Ca should be taken at least 2 hours apart or they block eachother) fish oil, vitamin D, and need to find some probiotics that do not have any of those ingredients.
Crohn's symptoms happen from intestinal leakage into the bloodstream, gives all the autoimmune problems.
Leakage is because of intestinal inflammation.
Intestinal inflammation is because of offending agents in diet.
Also because your intestines are compromised because of the battle of bad bacteria vs good bacteria in your GI tract.
So why probiotics are so important.
Hope this helps.

MMMG

MMMG

I don't know much about arthritis, but I know a lot about pain. And as people have said eating it is a great method. You don't get any coughing(which can cause additional pain) and the effects change when you eat cannabis. Eating it makes your body feel really good to put it simply. Other than that I would focus on trying different indica dominant strains until you find a couple that work for you.

Top Bottom