The trichome situation hadn't advanced at all in recent weeks - they had been looking mostly if not completely white, and while I wanted to get a hint of amber before cutting them down, it seemed like the flowering cycle was going on way too long, and I wasn't sure there was any more physical growth of the buds. I decided that they would come down on flowering day 70, amber trichomes or not. Here is the most recent video I took before cutting them down, recorded on 2/7:
Here are some photos I took, both straight from the camera and with the jeweler's lens held up to the camera to try to make the trichomes visible, between 2/2 and 2/8:
I stuck to the plan and took them down last night, which was around day 70. Here is a photo of all the cut-down branches - #1 on the bottom, #2 on the top:
I thought this was going to just take a couple of hours to trim. It ended up being like 8-9 effing hours in the end! I'm never going to start that process in the evening again - lesson learned. Also, I should probably not spend so much time on those lower, spindlier buds that are hard to cut up. I think it took a lot more time than it needed to.
Here is some vid of the larger branches from #2 after being trimmed and hung:
Here are the remainder of #2's branches after bring trimmed:
And here is #1 after being cut down & trimmed:
The store closed on me last night before I could get more clips for hanging, so I put up what I could last night and did the rest tonight. There is a screen coming in the mail for the loose buds, which are just sitting in a box in the tent at the moment. There aren't all that many of them.
So I'm in the final stretch! They seem to have dried a little too much over just one day, and the humidity was pretty low (about 30%) when I checked on them, so I'll be using my mini humidifier for a bit to see if that slows things down. Otherwise, if everything continues drying at this rate, I may find the branches ready to snap tomorrow. Both fans are off, and the tent's outtake is going on for five minutes every 20 minutes, as usual, with the intake off, so the only air movement is from the negative pressure, and indirect.
And that's where I stand. I'm picking up a couple of large, airtight jars tomorrow, and my hygrometers should arrive the day after that, so I'll be ready for the curing process.