Riding That Bluegrass Train...

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Another friend.. Pete Panama Red Rowan..
With Tony Rice, Bryn Davies on bass, and Sharon Gilcrest on mandolin..
Talk about talent and beauty..
Them girls will smoke you under the table...

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Love me some bluegrass.
I just sold my Deering Deluxe 5 banjo to get the wife a bass.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Another friend.. Pete Panama Red Rowan..
With Tony Rice, Bryn Davies on bass, and Sharon Gilcrest on mandolin..
Talk about talent and beauty..
Them girls will smoke you under the table...
Very nice

Ritual

Ritual

Probably my favorite thread so far on here. That beimg said chickenman youre friends with sam bush too? Where does your coolness stop? Lol devil makes three is a good group, hackensaw boys, tim eriksen, riley baugus those are all new school cats. Tony rice......yes. ralph stanley anyone?

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Probably my favorite thread so far on here. That beimg said chickenman youre friends with sam bush too? Where does your coolness stop? Lol devil makes three is a good group, hackensaw boys, tim eriksen, riley baugus those are all new school cats. Tony rice......yes. ralph stanley anyone?
sam and I go way back to the early Rocky grass days where our group of campers were the kings of the festival.
We set up our camp totally deluxe, full liquor bar, mushrooms, full outdoor kitchen with several bbqs, party 4 straight days and nights...
Folks like Del mc coury and band, Dave Grisman, hot rize boys, Vassar Clements, lots other would stop in and eat and jam all hours of day and night.

When Sam comes to town we feed him and band, Just Fed Bela Fleck and wife Abby..

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
That cold rain and snow and wild horses made me cry. Just look at the passion the musicians are expelling..
They sing from their hearts, not singing to fill their wallets....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
CM you ever heard devil makes 3? Younger group from santa cruz that brings something new. I agree man i love bluegrass!! Rumpke mountain boys, new old calvary and greensky bluegrass are some younger bands that get decent recognition. Thanks for sharing
find some and post...

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Love the dawg.. i was just adding some new flair for folks that are unfamiliar with this style of music. This thread is awesome. Great vids @chickenman

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
the time I met Dawg was at a Venue on East Colfax, Denver. The bluebird I reckon. Got there way early in line nobody there to get a spot up front. Had a lounge chair and cooler full of beer.
saw the bus pull in and they unloaded equipment around back so I grabbed the cooler and approached Dave and fired up a fat hash dube. We smoked constantly till sound check, then up to show.
by that time I was hammered and the manager said I could stay but no beer for you.....Obliged him, for once not kicked out after a fair warning...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter

I was thrilled to spend some time with Doc once.
He was playing at Chatquoa auditorium in Boulder and I was friends with the opening act Chesapeake.
I met doc backstage during sound check and we spent some time talking. He asked me to lead him outside for some sun and we sat and chatted He would instantly recognize friends when approached.
We all had dinner together at the restaurant there before the show.
Sweet man...RIP DOC love ya man...

Top Bottom