RIP Dave

• Thread starter redog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

redog

David was a friend of mine.Dated a girl I know when I lived in Austin in the 80's.
Kept in contact on and off thru the years.While I was enjoying the new experience of skydiving,he was learning how to fly and loving it as much as I love jumping out of planes.
The man was a very talented road racer.
Seen him do shit I wouldn't think of on a motorcycle.
I'll miss him.
==========================================
Pilot's health investigated in fatal plane crash

By BOB NORBERG
THE PRESS DEMOCRAT
Published: Thursday, July 2, 2009 at 5:29 p.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, July 2, 2009 at 5:29 p.m

An Arizona medical examiner is attempting to determine whether the pilot of an ill-fated flight from Santa Rosa to Texas suffered a medical emergency before the crash.
“We are unsure on this time,” said Brock Bevell, a medical examiner and investigator in Holbrook Ariz.
The pilot, who was reportedly ill before takeoff from Holbrook, was one of the four people killed by the force of the plane hitting the ground, Bevell said.
Bevell said he also is awaiting the results of toxicology reports.
The crash occurred at 5 p.m. June 24 just after the plane took off from Holbrook, where the pilot stopped to refuel after a flight to Vista Lago, Texas, that had begun in Santa Rosa.
The victims include Kyle Peters, 21, a Santa Rosa Junior College student who was making a surprise trip to his Cedar Park, Texas, home.

The others were David J. Tuntland, 45, the owner and pilot of the plane, which was based at the Rusty Allen Airport in Lago Vista, Catherine A. Gordon, 42, and her husband, Aaron J. Gordon, 34. All three lived in Cedar Park.
Also found in the crash was a suitcase with 12 pounds of marijuana and a satchel containing $8,000, according to Navajo County, Ariz., sheriff’s Commander Bob Sutton.
The plane had been under surveillance by Texas state authorities, and he said the Drug Enforcement Administration will try to determine the ownership of the marijuana.
Investigators for the National Transportation Safety Board said the pilot was reportedly ill in Holbrook, looking pale and curling up in a fetal position on a couch in the lounge while the three passengers went into town to have dinner.

A pilot who witnessed the crash told investigators that when the plane took off, it seemed to taxi for a long period of time.
The plane turned right as it flew to an altitude of 300 feet, then turned left and rolled into a steep bank that ended with the plane hitting the ground nose-first, witnesses told investigators.
The plane was a 1960 twin-engine Beechcraft Travelaire.

Rip dave
Planecrash web
Rip dave 3
Airplane route
Santa rosa weedplane crash
T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Redog, I am sorry for your lost. I have heard it on the news here in Cedar Park!

R

redog

Re:

I feel bad for the kid who hitchhiked a ride to surprise his mom.That family has got to be hurtin'.
They had Daves services last Saturday I do believe.

Tex:I know one of the reason's Dave moved to CP is because he was closer to Lime Creek road.We all use to go out there on weekends and run that 7 mile stretch of twisty's wide open.It's probably full of housing now.

Top Bottom