RIP Robin Williams

• Thread starter Prime C
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
straincreation

straincreation

Dude this is like brains on the wall shit.

This guy was a phenomenal. He gave us some great stuff that will be in the cinema history books, how many movies that this guy made them the movies they are. Any ways much respect. RIP.

That is kinda what I was thinking. All the fried endorphins. We can't get those back. The SSRI's don't do the trick for all. Wow I'm in shock. Just yesterday I found out a former classmate also decided move on to the next spot. Its been a heavy 24.
Thats a shitty day man. Stay positiveo_O

way2green

way2green

I know my endorphines are cooked. I can't imagine the amount of partying those dudes did. I read Robin Williams book and he spoke of being one of the last people to see John Belushi alive. Hopefully this guy had some friends and family around recently or they will always feel guilty.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

It's a paradox most people are content with not understanding.....something that can't be swept under the rug and difficult to honor but at the sametime, coming from someone who's seen depression and lived with Depression, there's a level of selfishness that must be seen by me as courageous. I don't admire suicide, it is a direct rebellion of the most unguided going against the most innate gift of self preservation. I feel like Robin Williams the person would want people to learn from this some how......did he have a note and do we deserve to know what it said? I hope the media respects his boundaries and give the family some peace......at the same time I want to talk about this...it's a conversation that needs to take place if we want to prevent such a sad event......

Indiginous have been known to leave their clan when chronically I'll, a form of suicide in those times leaving the clan to fend for yourself in the wild, in hopes not to contaminate loved ones....very courageous

Last edited:
Darth Fader

Darth Fader

I don't think there's anyone I know who don't owe a whole pile of laughs, smiles, and tears to this man. It wouldn't be a stretch, given his manic style, that he may have had mental health issues, and he certainly had his demons. But he was a great artist and you can tell by his work, generosity, and humility, that he had a beautiful soul. One of my favorite movies was The Fisher King, which I recommend highly to anyone. One of the greats has left us too soon and the world is poorer for it. :(

urban1026835

urban1026835

guess i meant that when I thought he was sick maybe he took his own life to avoid living the end of his life being ill.

I have had that talk with my mother before to where it was like "if i ever get to where I am trapped inside my own mind please don't let me suffer if I am incapable of doing it myself."

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Sorry for your loss Bull :(
All the fried endorphins. We can't get those back.
I know my endorphines are cooked. I can't imagine the amount of partying those dudes did. I read Robin Williams book and he spoke of being one of the last people to see John Belushi alive. Hopefully this guy had some friends and family around recently or they will always feel guilty.
Thats it..Mine are fried too. I spent the 80's freebasing every nite for ten years
I live with the nagging depression and anxiety every day..
Weed helps though..I wonder if Robin was still tokin?

It's a paradox most people are content with not understanding..... I hope the media respects his boundaries and give the family some peace......at the same time I want to talk about this...it's a conversation that needs to take place if we want to prevent such a sad event......
One lesson that can and should be learned is..
Stay away from Cocaine and Alcohol..Both those with fuck up your life and your head!

trippinballz

trippinballz

Depression is such an ugly beast. Silent. Constant. Unrelenting.

Sadly, what most folks who take their own lives fail to understand is that by doing so they are merely redistributing the same intensity and depth of pain to others.

RIP

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Unfortunately it can have a domino effect.....even attempt s have their impact....too many attempts of suicide in my family and it's been in front of the kids....63 seems old to younger folks but Robins 63 was young with his youthfull spirit and energy

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I wonder why I have always liked this song:confused:

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Even when some one sobers up there are still many issues to deal with.
My issue is anger with the little day to day shit that goes wrong.
I do not hold it in, cuss and fuss, get over it, the key is to resolve and not let fester.
Depression, anger, fear we all go thru to some degree, denial by self and others is the killer.
Easier to deny the problem than to deal with it...
One would think he had it made, wealth, fame respect, but on the inside he must of felt like he was living in hell to take his own life, truly sad for all left behind.....
wow what a shocker.....

trippinballz

trippinballz

I understand why he did it....far too much. Losing my son had me there. If it wasn't for the realization I wrote above... Fuck yeah... I'd of taken the ticket in a heartbeat over riding this wave that just keeps coming...

the only "good" thing about any of it is that it puts most other things that people fret/worry/get "depressed" over into perspective (they aren't really important, we just make them that way).

My theory is that the people who live with depression long term are less likely to kill themselves than the folks who are flying high...likable in all situations...have no worries...have everything going for them...

and when the rug is pulled....it's all too new and too real... and that is that.

Sad stuff all around. No one escapes this pain....it's just redistributed

Top Bottom