• Thread starter LBH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

blaze 1

thats cool what is this the 1 of the 3 that are supposed to open in RI

LBH

LBH

yes. Slater is the big one in Providence, the ones who have had their law team sitting down with the governors people to get this all ironed out etc. Greenleaf is the one in Portmouth owned by Dr Seth Bock, it'll be smaller, more of a hollistic office I think and the 3rd WAS Summit but Mobley (of NBA fame) was the $$ and he pulled it and invested in Maine when the Governor put the halt on issuing the licenses to the centers.

LBH

LBH

I back Slater personally because they backed me. When the legislature tried to put the kabosh on the caregiver program, it was their team that went to bat and got us the lobbying we needed to see that shot down with a quickness.

PrefersHam

PrefersHam

I back Slater personally because they backed me. When the legislature tried to put the kabosh on the caregiver program, it was their team that went to bat and got us the lobbying we needed to see that shot down with a quickness.

Thats not completely true. Its the handful of caregivers and patients like me that went to the state house and sacrificed our annonimity for the cause. We showed up,, we spoke with passion, we were there.Slater like Greenleaf threw money at it.

I fought for the veterans with cancer that the VA wont get behind. I fought for my neighbor with MS. Slater fought for their vested interest.

Peace,

Ham.

LBH

LBH

I'm with you Ham, we were there as well. So were the boys from Slater. As long as Slaters vested interest is to protect my growing rights and serve RI's patients with safe access, it's good by me. I've also seen their plans for community development projects they have planned,....talk about giving back to the community, some good shit coming.

Anyway, I believe Dr Bock from Greenleaf was there as well but my memory isn't the best. They say it was all just a smokescreen for some other bill that they were trying to pass, I don't know, I hate politics,... but I know the Slater team had numerous meeting with the reps, that week as well.

-on a side note, the 2 folks I help are also a cancer and an ms patient, we should compare notes some time

Latest posts

Top Bottom