Rising heat in loft

• Thread starter drpressure600
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

drpressure600

i visited my mother plants in a loft & the heat up there had risen to 38 degrees, the plants didn't look right atall, the bottoms have dried out & the top leaves have fallen, i've put a 16" fan pointing at them this morning, any one any suggestions about heat problems like that this time of year, also the tops of my seedlings are getting very dry looking, i'm getting very worried . .

P

ProGroWannabe

If you guys do portable A/C.....go as big as you can afford(as long as electricity usage isn't a worry). I've read many posts of peeps that weren't as happy with their portables as they thought they would be. I don't know how many watts of lighting each was running, obviously that would make a huge difference as well. Let us know how they work out?

D

drpressure600

to pro

If you guys do portable A/C.....go as big as you can afford(as long as electricity usage isn't a worry). I've read many posts of peeps that weren't as happy with their portables as they thought they would be. I don't know how many watts of lighting each was running, obviously that would make a huge difference as well. Let us know how they work out?
do you think it would be a good idea to move things to a room in the house where it's got a growbox tent in it already, i'm really worried at the moment, i put 20 ak 47 seedlings in to the loft & the root has gone brown & don't look healthy, let me have your opinion, thanks kid . .

T

thc4sim

It may be too late for some but i would get them to a cooler room till the temps drop a bit,
better a bit less light than too much heat..

B

British_Hempire

If the temp of the root zone is too high the plants will die, get em somewhere cooler ASAP.

D

drpressure600

regards hot seedlings

If the temp of the root zone is too high the plants will die, get em somewhere cooler ASAP.
, the heat today was too much, it fried half my seedlings, do you think a grow tent with with a prober fan system with a 200w envirolite would be ok 4 seedlings & clones to grow in right now, i'm really on edge with this climate change, a few weeks back i could of done this with my eyes closed, now look . .

B

British_Hempire

Temps need to be below 30 celsius really, certainly no more than 32, above that growth is seriously affected.

Evirolites put out a surprising amount of heat, but as long as you can exhaust it then you shouldn't have a problem. My box runs at the same temp as the ambient in the room it's in, it;s been 30 degrees all day in there today and things are okay. Roots hate heat tho.

Watch out for mould as high temps and high humidity equal mould and the humidity has been high in my area last few days.

Running the lights at night when it's cooler helps, hope you get it sorted, growing indoors over summer can be a real PITA.

D

drpressure600

Temps need to be below 30 celsius really, certainly no more than 32, above that growth is seriously affected.

Evirolites put out a surprising amount of heat, but as long as you can exhaust it then you shouldn't have a problem. My box runs at the same temp as the ambient in the room it's in, it;s been 30 degrees all day in there today and things are okay. Roots hate heat tho.

Watch out for mould as high temps and high humidity equal mould and the humidity has been high in my area last few days.

Running the lights at night when it's cooler helps, hope you get it sorted, growing indoors over summer can be a real PITA.
, so you would say it would be ok to put clones & seeds in a box now, i've suffered dearly the last few weeks, you wouldn't believe the amount of beautiful clones i've lost taking them out of the proagater in this weather, do you think a a.c unit is worth while, i'm going to try the box tomorrow with the lights of from the hours 11am to 4pm, what do you think, p.s, i hate summer time from now on ha ha . .

B

British_Hempire

Hard to say, you need to monitor the temps. If you can't keep them ni higher than 30 or 32 at an absolute max, then you might have to get ac.

D

drpressure600

bout grow box

Hard to say, you need to monitor the temps. If you can't keep them ni higher than 30 or 32 at an absolute max, then you might have to get ac.
, i'll cut sum nice clones tomorrow & put them to work inder the plan i gave you, i'll let you no how things get on, p.s, good idea about turning the light off for the day time period, don't know how it didn't enter mind before 'thanks'. .

devious d

devious d

i grow in a loft and had the same problem, added extra 6" inline sucking in through the roof and de-humidifer put some moisture in the air, the sun makes the air really dry running 3 600,s and got my temp down to 80. i run my 12 hours on at night much easier to control.:ridinghorse:

Top Bottom