Rks 2.1

• Thread starter JAWS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JAWS

JAWS

hello CANNA:talking
im runing the 2.1 at this time and im getting NO skunk smell AT ALL i have a male and a female and will make some new stock for-sure..

im not hating or anything like that AT ALL the ppl who know me best knows im no shit starter, but that being said im very disapointed that these carry the SKUNK NAME but have no skunk smell to them at all...im two weeks into flower and still no smell just smells like pot nothing skunky at all, i only had 3 of my 5 seeds go and i got two males 1 female i pitched the smaller male but he had no skunk smell either or i would have kept him FOR-SURE....may be the two that did not make it this far were my RKS PHENOS but i will never know that now...

pics from my grow!!....

MALE

Rks 21

Rks 21 2

Rks 21 3

Rks 21 4

FEMALE

Rks 21 5

Rks 21 6

Rks 21 7

once again CANNA im not haten at all brother i just dont see where what i have in front of me is the CLASSIC RKS...

i just read a minute ago in one of the RKS V 2.2 that you were saying your V 2.1 were like 90% skunk spray and 10% pine now thats EXACTLY what i remember about the mid 80s SKUNKBUD i toked on when i was a teenager, with beautiful golf-ball lime green skunk gernades....

i hope this FEMALE starts kicking the skunk smell in gear soon but i have my doubts...
respect:talking

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

From the looks of the pics your plants look a bit pale in color as opposed to a deep heavy green? Maybe it is just the pics and they do not really look that pale? If so nutrient deficiency can be a cause for the no smell possibly, especially with the lack of sulpher which helps to create the smells?

Just a thought anyhow.

Cheers!

JAWS

JAWS

hello HYDRO:talking
cant say i agree with that my plants are fine the only one i have that is showing some not so green color would be my BSHW and im working on that one...

im sure the fact that i had them out with the over-head light on plus i had the closet door open which has my FLORO'S on did not help with a solid look at the color at that time..

i dont know about the feeding==== more smell???...i have a lot of GEAR in there right now and im getting good oders off most all o f them, and im getting smell from the RKS just not what i thought i would be smelling at this point growing a strain carring this name..
peace:talking

B

biggs

they look perfectly healthy to me bro. hopefully they'll start stinking soon.

JAWS

JAWS

hello FRIENDS:talking
thanks for the good vibes but as some know i had a bad timer issue and my intire grow went hermie so everything was cut down this morning...so the Questions here are a none subject any more..
peace:talking

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
hey Jaws man.. yeah this is one reason I put this project on the back burner for now.. I lost my RKS Mom and After seeing reports from this last seed run, Its just going to take more time to really re-work this line...

We do have some original 1979 Skunk plants, that stink like road kill..and we actually have them in veg now, and they already stink, but Im not sure when or even if we will do something with them...So much stuff to work with with.... Its going to take time to isolate the Road kill Traits and then breed them to where they are dominate in the next generations... BUt liek I said, We are growing them and working them, teh question is How Long Will It take? Only time will tell...But I will say, The RKS Phenos DO Stink, Even in veg, they reak... We have A TON of these seeds too, and a prominent Breeder wants to do a 'Joint Project" with us, thats why he gave us so many seeds to run through...

So HOPEFULLY, we can get this project done in a timely matter... Time will tell.

JAWS

JAWS

hello CANNA:talking
sounds good to me my friend just make some BIG TIME STINK about them when you get then to where you like them....i have another 5count pack of the RKS V2.1 on its way so i will get to try them again in the VERY near future..
respect:talking

on a side note even though the ones i ran brifly had no skunk small at all they were really some very beautiful plants..

U

uke hunt

i found exactly the same ,no smell at all ..also found the jazz berry jam to be a waste of space also.I will be sprouting some Star berry though as 2 packs of seeds is not enough to judge a company on! ..plus there the only seeds ive got left!!....

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
yeash, The RKs will not be getting released any time soon..This is why I decided not to release this gear...
We are working With Teh Trinity clone and some Killer Skunk seeds from 1979 that STINK liek straight up RKS....
But this is a "Little" ways away....Not too far.... This line will make for some RKS phenos For Sure...The Killer Skunk was made by Vic High....We have the nicest, RKS smelling male out of a seed run of 50 plants...

as far as Uke Hunt.. Jazz Berry Jam is DANK bro.. Not sure what happened to yours man.. But this is The First I have ever heard anyone say a bad thing about JBJ.. Shit is so unique..Smells like Grape Kool Aid, yields pretty nicely and has been tested in the High teens in THC %, by a Member of this forum, and I believe he only popped a few seeds..So Im sure there are phenos that are close to 20% thc or even over 20%

Smell and color is out of this world... So not sure what happened man... Better luck next time.. Seriously sorry you didn't like the JBJ... Weird though..Evcen seasoned smokers lije it... Hey Different strokes man...

JAWS

JAWS

hello CANNA:)
its all with me my friend ive dropped 100's of seeds in the past and will drop 100's more in the future and i'll keep my noise down wind in hopes of getting a noise full of some real skunk in the near future...
much respect:D

Afghi420

Afghi420

hello CANNA:)
its all with me my friend ive dropped 100's of seeds in the past and will drop 100's more in the future and i'll keep my noise down wind in hopes of getting a noise full of some real skunk in the near future...
much respect:D

hey there man, i hear ya about wanting that true skunk smell.. if you see any of my other posts on this forum you will notice i am kind of on a similar journey to find a kille rskunk strain. ive had true skunk years ago that had that real skunk smell, it was so strong that one tiny bud would smell the whole house up, and it was 100 % skunk, no pine, or lemon or anything like that, just skunk. even a baby clone would give off the smell thats how strong it was.. i read your first message though about youu being dissapointed about skunk carrying the name and not having the smell, from all the research i have done so far looking through all of the seedbanks, i don't think very many skunks have a skunk smell anymore, at all.. i think like you though, i feel a skunk should smell like a skunk, and if you have smelled real skunk weed you wouldn't want any other smell. i had an oldschool afghi strain over a decade ago that was similar to the skunk, the smell was a little different, but just as funky and strong, if not stronger. it had a killer couchlock stone that lasted about 4-5 hours. i am currently trying to find either one of those 2 strains right now, if you have had any luck in located a 'real' skunk let me know man, if i can find one of these strains again i swear i would be happy just growing that for the rest of my life.. anyway i would be interested in hearing from you if you have found any serious dank. i just read the description for RKS that is what led me here, im a little dissapointed though to hear you tried growing them and didnt get the smell, as that is somerthing that is also super important for me in my current quest to find a killer skunk or afghi..

JAWS

JAWS

hey there man, i hear ya about wanting that true skunk smell.. if you see any of my other posts on this forum you will notice i am kind of on a similar journey to find a kille rskunk strain. ive had true skunk years ago that had that real skunk smell, it was so strong that one tiny bud would smell the whole house up, and it was 100 % skunk, no pine, or lemon or anything like that, just skunk. even a baby clone would give off the smell thats how strong it was.. i read your first message though about youu being dissapointed about skunk carrying the name and not having the smell, from all the research i have done so far looking through all of the seedbanks, i don't think very many skunks have a skunk smell anymore, at all.. i think like you though, i feel a skunk should smell like a skunk, and if you have smelled real skunk weed you wouldn't want any other smell. i had an oldschool afghi strain over a decade ago that was similar to the skunk, the smell was a little different, but just as funky and strong, if not stronger. it had a killer couchlock stone that lasted about 4-5 hours. i am currently trying to find either one of those 2 strains right now, if you have had any luck in located a 'real' skunk let me know man, if i can find one of these strains again i swear i would be happy just growing that for the rest of my life.. anyway i would be interested in hearing from you if you have found any serious dank. i just read the description for RKS that is what led me here, im a little dissapointed though to hear you tried growing them and didnt get the smell, as that is somerthing that is also super important for me in my current quest to find a killer skunk or afghi..

still no luck my friend shes an elusive lady if she even exist any more, like i was saying in another thread earlyer i found a real SKUNKY STRAIN from DNA called SOUR KUSH but it was the CLONE that stunk the house up and not the mother....did not get that killer smell untill drying started for the most part but i did not take a second set of clones so i dropped the ball on that one.....

i will always be on the look out for a treu SKUNKBUD!!!!........
peace:)

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
still no luck my friend shes an elusive lady if she even exist any more, like i was saying in another thread earlyer i found a real SKUNKY STRAIN from DNA called SOUR KUSH but it was the CLONE that stunk the house up and not the mother....did not get that killer smell untill drying started for the most part but i did not take a second set of clones so i dropped the ball on that one.....

i will always be on the look out for a treu SKUNKBUD!!!!........
peace:)

I think DNA also has an RKS variety.

outwest

JAWS

JAWS

I think DNA also has an RKS variety.

outwest

thanks you for that bit of info i guess i need to do some looking and talking, seems i'll be needing a pack of those aswell....wish i had something to trade:rolleyes::rolleyes:
thank you;)

P.S i knew C-VENTURE was working it futher but not sure where there at in that PROJECT...

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I think Ive seen fems of the dna variety somewhere online. It may be "really killer" and not "road kill".

outwest

Afghi420

Afghi420

thanks you for that bit of info i guess i need to do some looking and talking, seems i'll be needing a pack of those aswell....wish i had something to trade:rolleyes::rolleyes:
thank you;)

P.S i knew C-VENTURE was working it futher but not sure where there at in that PROJECT...

i have described what it is i am looking for in a strain on a few different places, even described the smell and the high of my old afghi like i have here.. 3 times now i have had different people come back and tell me that black domina is what im after.. the description of the strain sounds pretty sweet too. ive actually got a few going right now, will be a little while but will have some of these in flowers eventually. as far as the high goes, i definitely prefer the couch lock, and i have only once had a true 4-5 hour drooling couchlock stone, and that was this old afghi strain i had, and i have had lots of popular strains like white widow, ak47, early pearl, kush's, peak 19, hollands hope, chronic and many others and have never had a strain that was really even close to the potentcy of the afghi. Even my father who has been smoking for almost 50 years says that only once did he have another straib that was like the afghi, and it happened to be a different old school strain from way back. Another strange thing about my old afghi strain was the fact that it basically had no crystal at all, yet it was the stickiest shit... its almost like the resin was inside the buds, not glistening all over the leaves, no red hairs at all either, just leafy, crappy looking stuff, i love that about it, very deceiving ;) anyway i wont rest until i find this strain again or something very similar, hopefully this black domina is it...

U

uke hunt

how about trying OG Chem by conneseur genetics?,ive heard they throw out some roadkill smells!or even cannacopia rks?...Ive got a friend who tried the rks from reserva privada and it is indeed very nice,just like the old skool skunks...hope this helps..
uke hunt

Latest posts

Top Bottom