Ro Or Dechlorinater/sediment Filter?

• Thread starter HookedonPonics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Whats up farmers and cap, at my current location im using ur bennies an a RO filter like always but am wondering if im wasting water down the drain because my water always comes out the faucet between 35 and 60 ppms. Is a RO not neccesary? Should I just be using a chlorine/sediment filter and maybe a bacteria filter? What do you guys think?

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

By the way 35 to 60 ppms is my water before being sent thru the RO**

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If your water is that clean before being put through the RO filter, to me, there's not really even a point in using the RO. I wouldn't filter for bacteria, I would treat for chlorine/chloramine only IF it's present.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Ya thats what ive been thinking this past week. Ill probably just grab a small boy filter an see how that goes. Been wanting one for my veggie an rose gardens because I always give them my extra teas (off topic: all my roses LOVE my teas w alfalfa meal) but felt like its a waste still feeding them every other time with chlorinated water from the hose. Would just letting a 60 gallon drum sit for 48 hrs evaporate all the chlorine or is this sketchy?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Whats up farmers and cap, at my current location im using ur bennies an a RO filter like always but am wondering if im wasting water down the drain because my water always comes out the faucet between 35 and 60 ppms. Is a RO not neccesary? Should I just be using a chlorine/sediment filter and maybe a bacteria filter? What do you guys think?

Waste. Get a dechlorinating filter and a ceramic filter for bacteria. You will not have waste water this way and your water will come through much faster.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Ya I purchased a small boy filter and the plants havent missed a beat. Its only been a day but I dont think ill see a difference. What ceramic filter would you recommend cap?

J

jaybudding

I just got a small boy equivalent! I will let you know all I was concerned about was clorine anyway of course salesman tried to up sell RO for $100 more don't you want all the crap taken out the small boy says 98% clorine 90% sediment sounded good to me!

Top Bottom