Ro Resivore Coco

• Thread starter Bluedreaming
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bluedreaming

Bluedreaming

Going to be heading to the grow store today and trying to compile a list of upgrades and stuff to buy, any help would be appreciated.

I've got a hydrologic tall blue RO filter that is connected to a spicket then I fill up a 40gal drum with the filtered water. I mix nutes according to gals of water then I place a sump pump in sideways and mix for 1-2 hrs. After that I pH and water by hand with a 1 gal container dunking it into the rez and walking back and forth watering the plants.

I always use about %70-80 of it and the rest is extra. I then leave it uncovered (no lid) and stagnant (not moving)

I bought a fish tank water pump (20-60gal pump) at wall Mart one time and placed it in the rez the same night I watered with the 20% left over hoping it wouldn't accumulate a film on top but the next day a film of nutes or whatever was still on top.

My goal is to make it so before waters it's already pre setup full of water and nuted or ready to be nuted and mixed.
Also would like some ideas on a better system of watering other then hand watering dunking a gallon jug.

Ive tried the method of a hose connected to sump pump and placing it upright and pumping water into each plant via a wand but then I cant really gauge the amount of water im pumping in.

Thanks for the read!

Bluedreaming

Bluedreaming

So I just learned that my hydro logic tall blue is just a prefilter.

"Removes up to 99% of chlorine and 90% of sediment, rust, silt, etc. Filters chloramines and particulates down to 5 microns. Used at a prefilter to the Merlin Garden Pro RO system. Not to be used as a stand alone unit."

How bad is it Ive been using spicket (tap water) with no RO and just that? Plants seem to be doing good tho.

Latest posts

Top Bottom