RO Wastewater

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

My RO goes in at a 3 to 1 waste ratio so I was just going to start using it to water the lawn?
It won't lill it....I hope.

Anyone else do this?

Unit541

Unit541

I use it for... anything. Mostly houseplants and dog water. When full, the recovery tank pumps into the lawn. The way I figure, I had to pay for that water, and If it goes down the drain I have to pay for it again on my wastewater charge... I'll be damned if I'm going to buy something twice and throw it away...

Asbestos4u

Asbestos4u

I was dealing with that same problem. Look into a new RO system, I have a 1 to 1 system now, its awsome

juggernaut

juggernaut

Which one did you switch to and how do you like it....

snowdrop

snowdrop

RO waste water is fine.

Use it for whatever purpose you see fit.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I use mine. Remember that you can boost efficacy by ensuring sufficient pressure, I use a permeate pump for mine. My RO/DI waste water is still 'cleaner' (read: softer, far less alkaline) than what goes in.

H

hogan400

+1, you can also get a auto shut off valve if you dont have one already. Bulk reef supply has one, just tie it in to a top off float, itll shut off "all" water flow once its full. Just in case ya didnt know.
h400

Asbestos4u

Asbestos4u

Which one did you switch to and how do you like it....

I was using a spectrum pure Ro system. I got tired of the 3 to 1 return and needed sompthing faster. I ended up going with the Growonix GX1000. It's a pritty nice system. It only makes about 24 gallons an hour but on their website it tells you how to get more out of it without adding a booster pump.

It would make water faster if I ajusted the water befor it go's into the system. Cold water going into the system slows it down.

I've only had the system for about 3 weeks now But I like it so far.

Cort

Cort

Fine for houseplants, trees, your outdoor veggie or flower garden, just about anything else you can think of. Your only limitation is getting it there.

Shamus

Shamus

Bump

@Seamaiden you mentioned in another thread on RO's making a pond to filter the water.. IF I could please get some more info on that, just started using a ro for the first time due to city water.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you've got an area to dump the water in, start planting it with bog and water plants. Papyrus, cattails, reeds, grasses--anything that will grow in your area. If you're able to create an actual flow from the grey or waste water into the pond, then you can direct its flow through those plantings, and thus achieve some pretty good filtration.

Adding lotus (water lilies) and hyacinth and other fast-growing aquatic plants can increase the rate at which the water will be 'cleaned.'

Top Bottom