Ro Water Needs Calcium First?

• Thread starter highland420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
highland420

highland420

Water seeks a supply of calcium? If removed water will seek calcium where it can find it. How much calcium is needed to over come this demand and then supply the proper amount to the plant? Do I have this correct?

2thaleft

2thaleft

What medium are you growing in? Not to sure about the water needing a supply of calcium, your plant however do. IV grown in coco and use tap water and hardly ever needed to supplement Cal or mag. If you see yellowing in your leaves then use a mill or two per gallon until new growth is green. If leaves are green don't add it for now. That's what works for me

S

Seed Buyer

Your base nutrient might have ample Ca and therefore might not need a Ca supplement. RO water is void of bicarbonates that help buffer the pH of the water. Some may treat the water to add bicarbonates so its more pH stable. Most quality formulas have ample Ca. A lot of growers add Cal-Mag "just because" and it becomes a crutch. I add Ca when and only when I see a Ca issue. Remember that high humidity levels and over watering can lead to Ca issues.

Latest posts

Top Bottom