RO Water

• Thread starter snkrhd23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

snkrhd23

I Just recently purchased an RO system and Ive read so many different thing about running RO water, some ppl add 25% tap back into their RO, some ppl just use use calmag, and I also know ppl that just use pure RO with the canna brand line. I am using Canna Aqua in my aeroflo (no plants in yet). this is my first time with RO water and also my first time using the Canna brand. So should I go buy calmag, or add 25% tap. All u experienced hydro growers plz advise! ---Thanks sneeks

Greenthumbnewb

Greenthumbnewb

hey bro whats up, ur better off using straight RO! You can add tap if u would like to save water. Its good to have the cal mag around for when u need it, usually crucial around fiirst 2 weeks of flower. tap will work good depending on your area but you get more head room when your using RO becuase it ppm's so low, like zero or 5 or 10, I use straight RO becuase my water here where i live PPM's to about 800, wich is too high for my liking. hope this helps broski!

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

unless your very small scale ro has great advantages
calmag is very important to your regiment possibly the most important additive so do not cut this out
i run 10 m/g for the first 5 weeks and then taper slowly down to 2 per g after that
only recomend mixing tap like that if you are intent on not using any additives

Curb Feeler

Curb Feeler

RO water has no buffers. Not sure about that line of nutrient, but the reason people add up to 50% tap water is because the pH out of control.

You can just use straight RO water with your nutrients and if the pH varies wildly, if so, you could always add tap water to help stabilize it.

S

snkrhd23

OK well I know I need calmag when I flower. I already have a bottle of GH camg+ but I have a few moms that ive pulled clones(ones that are going into my aeroflo) from that im keeping around for prob another month or so. I"ve been giving them a regular tap water with the flora nova line bc there in pro-mix but i just switched from my 400ppm tap water base to RO water 5ppm. Are these moms gonna have a deficiency without calmag right now????? Im giving them to a buddy for no cost to him bc i dont have room bc of the plant count and all so i dont wanna waste my nutes on someone else plants.

My aero flo on the other hand should i give the calmag from the start (vegging) with the RO water?

S

snkrhd23

Thank you guys for the help btw. I appreciate it to the fullest. Peace snkrhd

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I always add about 100 ppm cal mag to start stabalizes ph. I flush my plants with this and use it for a base then add my nutes. I ran 2 aero 60s for about 8yrs. If you want to chat about it shoot me a pm.

S

snkrhd23

So basically I just need something with some micros to put back in the water bc the RO takes most out.... anyother additives that are really useful????
thanks for help mmedgrow ill be gettin at you soon!!! thanks bro

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

cal mag silica humic acid and folic acid are the common ones
b1 is a biggie
not even including all the flower enhancers
just go play around on the advanced nutrients page and you will learn alot about additives
house and garden has alot of good ones too but theyre a little less strait forward on whats in their stuff

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

did hyrdo store guy talk you into buying a aeroflo???
make sure your running drip clean hrydozyme and a chiller otherwise root rot will happen
dont set you excpetaions too high aero is a bastard
i gotta ph each rez twice a day and i have three systems going
heres my thread(take a good look at my nut line up)
basically a full advanced nutrients line with a bunch of stuff swapped out for cheaper verzions of another brand

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Whoa masta u really got to ph everyday. The reason I loved the aero is its ease of use. I run a whole crop through never flushing to the end. My ph never needed adjusting. Just fill res everyday and change nutes every 2-3 weeks. Monitor ppms and add ferts back as needed. Gave up hygrozyme yrs ago. Ran zone never looked back.

S

snkrhd23

Haha jus left the AN homepage and i knew there was a bunch of additives. PPl that use AN swear by them, I jus need the $$$$ to run em.

I was meaning more along the lines of what base elements I need to add back because of the RO system. since Ive never worked with Ro water. I honestly have only a few yrs experience but most my other grows were ffof and 5 gal bucket gh nova line lol pretty simple shit lol

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

was gonne post the link before but then i got high so here it is lol
yea gotta ph all the time
its a downside of running vermiT and hyrozyme instead of some sort of h2o2
lets me call my stuff somewhat organic and get an extra $400 p
as far as what to replace calmag is the big one
i run humic acid and protect to take care of everything

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

or if you buy house and graden they do all this for you

S

snkrhd23

My system is actually not an aeroflo i didnt wanna go into depth with an explanation as to what it is, bc i wanted to do a grow thread..... anyways i was trying to build a system that most of which had to be bought from home depot lol. It was the only place I had a cc for haha Im broke. I had the light and bulbs but no nutes and no hydro system but free brand new ro system and home depot charge. im growing a sea of green a 96 plant system i plan to flip right after cloning.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Simple is better dont believe the hype from nute manufactures, any of them. In the last 15 yrs I have seen a lot of new products come around and the only product I will ever endorse is nitrozime not a new product. I used to play mad scientist with nutes and found less is more especially in an aero. Im not sayin all these additives wont work I just have seen a lot of simple ops and nute programs kick ass.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

yep for sure
worked my way up to the regiment im running today started with a/b cal mag and liquid karma
i highly recomend starting this way. the knowledge you gain along the way is termendous. i know what each one of my products does now the tricky part is dailing in my genetics. i usually just stick with my ogs

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I think i was around 21 when I got my first 60 Tried running the organics for 2yrs same problem everytime kick ass growth 6-7weeks and then root rot would set in. Dropped organics and never had a problem since. This was in my early years and I didnt understand why. I use organics for everything else but nothing but clean and sterile in hydro. Theres no dout in my mind that it would work for other people. Just not me.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

def recomend house and gardens a/b then
its fairly cheap $60-$80 should cut it
its designed to be run with ro so no need to spend extra on cal mag
keep your room temp right at 70
this is a little cold for growth but it will guarantee you water wont get to hot
unless your in a very cold place chillers are highly recomended for aero
running h2o2 and drip clean are the other options to help stop the rot(the biggest problem with aero)
also put air stones everywhere

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

I think i was around 21 when I got my first 60 Tried running the organics for 2yrs same problem everytime kick ass growth 6-7weeks and then root rot would set in. Dropped organics and never had a problem since. This was in my early years and I didnt understand why. I use organics for everything else but nothing but clean and sterile in hydro. Theres no dout in my mind that it would work for other people. Just not me.

you run drip clean? or anything to keep your roots clean?

Latest posts

Top Bottom