RO Watering PPM

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
My Ro water is 2 PPM & I have been using it just like that on water only days, I have read that some people add CalMag Plus to their RO water to put back in the good stuff, is that the best thing to do to bring the RO water ppm back up? & how many ppm should I bring it up to on water days? thanks for any help.

S

SSHZ

In the R.O. process, it sucks out the cal/mag so you ALWAYS need to add 5ml per gallon, no matter what (unless you're at the end of flowering). I bump it up to 10ml when I do a normal fertilizing.......

hiboy

hiboy

In the R.O. process, it sucks out the cal/mag so you ALWAYS need to add 5ml per gallon, no matter what (unless you're at the end of flowering). I bump it up to 10ml when I do a normal fertilizing.......

word
h

ShutUpDonny

ShutUpDonny

This is all very helpful and super timely. I've been CaMg-ing once every 8 days or so, and just noticed purple stems creeping in a little bit, so it's good to know. Makes sense now that I think about it. Thx for the info!

S

SSHZ

Purple stems is normally a Phosphorus deficiency...... this is caused by too acidic soil or soggy soil. If I was u, I'd bump up all waterings of cal/mag to 10 ml for 2 weeks, let the soil dry out an extra day or two and bump up your pH .1-.2 points......

S

SSHZ

What's the purpose of the flush? If it's just a flush to reduce a fertilizer build up, I'd flush with plain pH'd water with no cal/mag and then fertilze after the flush with a 1/2 dose of your regular fert dose so the plants have something to live on........ if it's at the end of flowering, maybe the last 1-2 weeks, no cal/mag at all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom