Road Kill Skunk - Ester Alcohols, Train-wreck and the Catpiss Connection

• Thread starter Backyard_Boogie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

I guess you can still get some good old school genetics from this dude named akbeanbrains…I never had anything of his but seems a lot of people dig it. He has Catpiss and NL and Hawaiian etc. Anyone here have experience with his stuff?

As far as skunk…yeah it was only 18% thc but it was a really potent high, it felt much stronger, but I just love the smell of it, was sooo good. And the diesel… well I think SD might be my favorite strain of all time. The smell and taste were awesome and it has a rockin high.
Ive grown sever of AKBB strains.

NL5 x Haze
TK/NL5 X Haze
95 Black Domina
NL5
Sensi Star F4

All of it has been way above average. He gets a big thumbs up from me.
AAKBB
Katsu
Authentic Genetics
Crickets and Cicada
Match Maker Genetics

Are my 1st stop for genetics.

I_GROW_SKUNK

I_GROW_SKUNK

Encouragement is everything. That's why
I guess you can still get some good old school genetics from this dude named akbeanbrains…I never had anything of his but seems a lot of people dig it. He has Catpiss and NL and Hawaiian etc. Anyone here have experience with his stuff?

As far as skunk…yeah it was only 18% thc but it was a really potent high, it felt much stronger, but I just love the smell of it, was sooo good. And the diesel… well I think SD might be my favorite strain of all time. The smell and taste were awesome and it has a rockin high.
His catpiss is more of an old lemony/soapy smell. Had one that kinda was smelly but most of them were lemon soap that I didn't like at all. Reminded me too much of someone who used downy sheets to move weight and left that smell and taste on the bud just not nearly as bad.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Encouragement is everything. That's why

His catpiss is more of an old lemony/soapy smell. Had one that kinda was smelly but most of them were lemon soap that I didn't like at all. Reminded me too much of someone who used downy sheets to move weight and left that smell and taste on the bud just not nearly as bad.
I have heard that soapy description used many times in reference to the smell of certain Catpiss strains. Same with 707 Seed bank I have heard the owner himself in an interview describe the smell of his Catpiss line as kind of a soapy funky smell. The Catpiss I remember from 20 years ago had more of an ammonia smell it was like a blast to your nostrils when you opened the bag. Almost like a chemical smell. The 1990s San Diego Catpiss Im running now has that same vibe I remember. Only issue is I have been plagued with a ton of males thus far. Im gonna keep pheno hunting this SD Catpiss cuz Im pretty sure its got an old school ammonia winner in there. I bought more seeds to keep hunting it.

I_GROW_SKUNK

I_GROW_SKUNK

I have heard that soapy description used many times in reference to the smell of certain Catpiss strains. Same with 707 Seed bank I have heard the owner himself in an interview describe the smell of his Catpiss line as kind of a soapy funky smell. The Catpiss I remember from 20 years ago had more of an ammonia smell it was like a blast to your nostrils when you opened the bag. Almost like a chemical smell. The 1990s San Diego Catpiss Im running now has that same vibe I remember. Only issue is I have been plagued with a ton of males thus far. Im gonna keep pheno hunting this SD Catpiss cuz Im pretty sure its got an old school ammonia winner in there. I bought more seeds to keep hunting it.
Make sure to keep us updated on what you find! 🤘

Dothraki

Dothraki

I grew out a Sour Power bag seed and the ECSD is definitely coming through quite a bit…here it was before harvest

137DC69D BD70 44E0 9089 92136CD8A3AB

Here‘s right after the dry… it turned out amazing

9E00E1AC 4E08 43B6 95FE 784D158831DD

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Super excited guys check it out. This guy has an epic instagram account he runs a seed company called Full Power Genetics. The story behind this guy is that he is a strain hunter I read this super long article he wrote months back (Sorry I cant find the link to share with you guys I lost it 😔) and in his articles he talks about his journeys where he has gone through the middle east and through Afghanistan and Pakistan and India and all these crazy areas. He's a Cannabis connoisseur and collector of rare uncrossed landrace genetics. He speaks the native languages so on his journeys he talks with with the local farmers and links up with these guys who are hashish makers. Some of these farmer families have passed down these untouched genetics for generations. He visits these different local farms and procures seeds during his travels. He has made it his mission to procure some of the most unique and rare cannabis genetics from these local farmers and many of these people have never shared their genetics with anyone in the western world. We're talking about some real old school guerrilla grow genetics from up in the small mountain villages of Afghanistan. So anyways when I was reading this guys chronicles about his travels in Afghanistan he talks about coming across these farmers in the Maruf Kandahar region and these guys have these genetics that are said to be the most foul and fierce smelling cannabis that he has ever experienced. He said that the smells of this strain will gag you out with rotten meat and death and decay notes. Some real toe curling nasty terps here. I have followed this guy on Instagram and finally after months of waiting he is taking preorders on the his full Afghanistan landrace collection. I went on his website and he has the rotten meat Maruf Kandahar seeds available. I jumped on it right away and paid the $130 to pre-order a pack. Im super stoked about this one guys.

After spending over $2k on genetics within recent years I have sifted out a lot of fruity stuff and Im finally starting to get into some nasty skunky funky genetics now. Got a couple strains Im focused on now. Dank Catpissy Skunky Ammonia Rotten Meat Foul Rude is what Im after. IMO its what the RKS had that was bred out over the decades. Its the Ester Alcohals that the title of this thread is talking about way back when I first started this thread. So Anyways my plan is to pheno hunt this Maruf Kandahar Afghani Landrace variety and hopefully I can find an absolute rude male. Im hoping for male stem-rubs from hell LOL 😂. Then I will save the cut and eventually do a cross pollination on the best skunk and piss females I can find. So far the 1990's San Diego Catpiss and the 1996 skunk from I_Grow_Skunk are the loudest skunk genetics I have found on my hunt. I wanna put the Maruf Kandahar Male in the tent and do a full pollination on the most choice female specimens. Then I wanna stockpile the seeds and start popping them each grow season to see what I start to find in the F1s. Hopefully I can start to get close to the center of the RKS sun with this experiment wish me luck fellas.

https://fullpowerselections.com/product/maruf-kandahar-selection1-primary-crop/

I_GROW_SKUNK

I_GROW_SKUNK

Super excited guys check it out. This guy has an epic instagram account he runs a seed company called Full Power Genetics. The story behind this guy is that he is a strain hunter I read this super long article he wrote months back (Sorry I cant find the link to share with you guys I lost it 😔) and in his articles he talks about his journeys where he has gone through the middle east and through Afghanistan and Pakistan and India and all these crazy areas. He's a Cannabis connoisseur and collector of rare uncrossed landrace genetics. He speaks the native languages so on his journeys he talks with with the local farmers and links up with these guys who are hashish makers. Some of these farmer families have passed down these untouched genetics for generations. He visits these different local farms and procures seeds during his travels. He has made it his mission to procure some of the most unique and rare cannabis genetics from these local farmers and many of these people have never shared their genetics with anyone in the western world. We're talking about some real old school guerrilla grow genetics from up in the small mountain villages of Afghanistan. So anyways when I was reading this guys chronicles about his travels in Afghanistan he talks about coming across these farmers in the Maruf Kandahar region and these guys have these genetics that are said to be the most foul and fierce smelling cannabis that he has ever experienced. He said that the smells of this strain will gag you out with rotten meat and death and decay notes. Some real toe curling nasty terps here. I have followed this guy on Instagram and finally after months of waiting he is taking preorders on the his full Afghanistan landrace collection. I went on his website and he has the rotten meat Maruf Kandahar seeds available. I jumped on it right away and paid the $130 to pre-order a pack. Im super stoked about this one guys.

After spending over $2k on genetics within recent years I have sifted out a lot of fruity stuff and Im finally starting to get into some nasty skunky funky genetics now. Got a couple strains Im focused on now. Dank Catpissy Skunky Ammonia Rotten Meat Foul Rude is what Im after. IMO its what the RKS had that was bred out over the decades. Its the Ester Alcohals that the title of this thread is talking about way back when I first started this thread. So Anyways my plan is to pheno hunt this Maruf Kandahar Afghani Landrace variety and hopefully I can find an absolute rude male. Im hoping for male stem-rubs from hell LOL 😂. Then I will save the cut and eventually do a cross pollination on the best skunk and piss females I can find. So far the 1990's San Diego Catpiss and the 1996 skunk from I_Grow_Skunk are the loudest skunk genetics I have found on my hunt. I wanna put the Maruf Kandahar Male in the tent and do a full pollination on the most choice female specimens. Then I wanna stockpile the seeds and start popping them each grow season to see what I start to find in the F1s. Hopefully I can start to get close to the center of the RKS sun with this experiment wish me luck fellas.

https://fullpowerselections.com/product/maruf-kandahar-selection1-primary-crop/
That rotten meat Terp isn't RKS man. You'll certainly find nuances of skunk/rotten meat/dirty socks/dried blood (metallic like taste/smell), garlic, onions and most notable and most present, kushy funk. If anyone had a chance at finding the original Skunk in Afghanistan it's Dr Z from Afghan Landrace Exchange. He has traveled all over Afghanistan documenting in great scientific detail his cannabis journey. He himself posted a few times that people asking him for the official Skunk just hasn't been found out there yet, talking about Afghanistan. I highly suggest y'all look into Dr Z. From Aghan Landrace Exchange. He is great at documenting cannabis from a scientist point of view. ✌🏻

I_GROW_SKUNK

I_GROW_SKUNK

Does anyone in this thread go to any conventions or events ever? I thought about going to Skunk Con next year to take home the trophy

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

That rotten meat Terp isn't RKS man. You'll certainly find nuances of skunk/rotten meat/dirty socks/dried blood (metallic like taste/smell), garlic, onions and most notable and most present, kushy funk. If anyone had a chance at finding the original Skunk in Afghanistan it's Dr Z from Afghan Landrace Exchange. He has traveled all over Afghanistan documenting in great scientific detail his cannabis journey. He himself posted a few times that people asking him for the official Skunk just hasn't been found out there yet, talking about Afghanistan. I highly suggest y'all look into Dr Z. From Aghan Landrace Exchange. He is great at documenting cannabis from a scientist point of view. ✌🏻
Well regardless we’re gonna see what we find in this Afghani rotten meat landrace. Fierce tones are what I’m searching for so we will see what I can find in there

I_GROW_SKUNK

I_GROW_SKUNK

I think you'll def enjoy it for sure. Tons of cool, unique, and obscure terps to be had on frosty hash plant like cultivars. Keep us updated on what you find brotha 🤘

citrus7144

citrus7144

Supporter
Your thinking of Skunk#1 that is sweet. I have the original Skunk that smells like ACTUAL skunk spray
Hey I wa just looking through some old posts and saw this I have looking for the original skunk the stuff that smells like you just ran over one of the fury little guys. Where did you get it would you sell seeds or clones if still around? Thanks

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Hey I wa just looking through some old posts and saw this I have looking for the original skunk the stuff that smells like you just ran over one of the fury little guys. Where did you get it would you sell seeds or clones if still around? Thanks
His stuff is pretty legit I got some of his genetics I’m in veg about to flip into flower and it’s pretty dam skunky. Can’t wait to see the finished product. It’s definitely worth checking out. I’m gonna get more seeds from him too soon I wanna pheno hunt it deeper. Hit him up with a PM he will hook it up.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Ive grown sever of AKBB strains.

NL5 x Haze
TK/NL5 X Haze
95 Black Domina
NL5
Sensi Star F4

All of it has been way above average. He gets a big thumbs up from me.
AAKBB
Katsu
Authentic Genetics
Crickets and Cicada
Match Maker Genetics

Are my 1st stop for genetics.
What do you think of Uncke Fester's/Nature Farm?

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
And to say EVERYONE is looking for the skunk is fallacy. Most smokers now days don't even care. Too much good weed to think about old school chronic. It's us older heads that have high regard for the RKS. These new cats don't really care bruh, not unless it's about the money ..
Certainly most people who are growing for personal use+.....who like to breed, who are older or interested in old-school, heirloom varieties....

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Wtf…I deleted my double post and it deleted both…nutshell I was expressing my love for those 90s SD and Skunk buds that seem not to exist anywhere (even here in NY where they originated , SD at least)

but what surprises me is if they DID still exist (the skunk i’m talking about smells identical to a skunk that was in the road) …then why is this not sweeping the legal cannabis world by storm? It should be dominating and blowing peoples heads away in the dispensary. The dispensaries that carried it would be crushing competition. Or they’d be cool and sell clones…but none of this is happening?

I_GROW_SKUNK

I_GROW_SKUNK

Yeah just DM me brotha 🤘

I_GROW_SKUNK

I_GROW_SKUNK

It pains me..... ..here's my closet 1988. Skunk#1 and Northern Lights from Neville's Seed Bank. I saved the pictures, not the best, they're polaroids....

I should have saved the genetics. :(
Man those pictures are legendary brother. I thought about opening up a cannabis history museum. Would love to find a bunch of cool shit like that and make a museum

Top Bottom