Road Kill Skunk - Ester Alcohols, Train-wreck and the Catpiss Connection

• Thread starter Backyard_Boogie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Todd actually got the skunk from Heime Chebba who actually sourced the original stock from me. Lol. Full circle huh. What all he did with what Jim gave him, I'm not sure but I do know that's where he sourced his Skunk #1 from
McCormicks Sk1 came straight from Mel Frank, and has only been bred 2x since 1988. Theres still no RKS in it to be found. But it is really good stuff.
McCormick did have the TKS from Hemi Chebie, but stopped offering it. The Sk1 hes got now is from Mel Frank. Mel Frank gave him the seeds.

Original Skunk No.1

Regular Seeds

(Afghan x Colombian) x Acapulco Gold

8 to 10 Weeks Flowering Time​

THESE SKUNK #1 SEEDS HAVE ONLY BEEN REPRODUCED TWICE SINCE 1988!

In 1988 Mel Frank begot Skunk No.1 seeds from Skunkman Sam, put them into the the refrigerator until 1996 when he reproduced them 8 years later. Then Mel Frank properly stored them for another 24 years until 2020, when they were grown and selected by Todd for the more acrid terpene phenotypes.

This is the legendary Skunk #1, developed by Skunkman Sam in the 1970's and is a relatively stabilized, true breeding hybrid.

Originally offered by Sacred Seeds and Cultivators Choice, it is a combination of:

(Afghan x Colombian Gold) x Acapulco Gold

Sacred Seeds/Cultivators Choice

I_GROW_SKUNK

I_GROW_SKUNK

McCormicks Sk1 came straight from Mel Frank, and has only been bred 2x since 1988. Theres still no RKS in it to be found. But it is really good stuff.

Original Skunk No.1

Regular Seeds

In 1988 Mel Frank begot Skunk No.1 seeds from Skunkman Sam, put them into the the refrigerator until 1996 when he reproduced them 8 years later. Then Mel Frank properly stored them for another 24 years until 2020, when they were grown and selected by Todd for the more acrid terpene phenotypes.

This is the legendary Skunk #1, developed by Skunkman Sam in the 1970's and is a relatively stabilized, true breeding hybrid.

Originally offered by Sacred Seeds and Cultivators Choice, it is a combination of:

I mean I know what the website says. He just got Jim's pollen so I'm not sure if or when he did anything to his line. But Jim def had the Skunk because he got it from me lol

D

DrToboggan

Original Skunk No.1

Regular Seeds

How would you describe it? I’ve only grown one “skunk #1”. It was a nice frosty plant with a decent buzz, but it smells like citrus/flowers with 0 skunk to it. I have 5 of the Mel Frank seeds and will pop them when I get the chance.

I_GROW_SKUNK

I_GROW_SKUNK

Anyone around Eastern Oklahoma is welcome to pull up and check her out. It may be at the local McDonald's because I don't know you, but if it gets my name out more and get it well known for my preservation, that's what really matters.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Its is sweet and not RKS, but has some very good plants . Its also excellent for breeding, and makes crosses very homogenous.

Last edited:
Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Im from the hills of E Kentucky. In our neck of the woods we got the real deal RKS from Willian Keith "NOODLE" Hayes from Meigs county Ohio, in 1979. We grew it for 5 years, and then the cops got it, and Ive not seen the likes of it since. In the 70s, and 80s Meigs County Ohio was known as the Humboldt County of the east. Noodle collected seeds starting in the late 60s, and early 70s. He is also the originator of Meigs County Gold.
He got busted in the 80s, and spent 7 years in prison. One of his relatives still has some of his genetics, but from what I know his RKS is long gone.
NOODLE died in St Marys Medical Center in Huntington West Virginia in 2020 at age of 75. Almost 76. He was born in July 1944. He died Jan 2020.
Noodle said his RKS was a cross of Kerela, and an unnamed Indica.
My buddy was the one who got the seeds from Noodle as my buddy used to play in bands all over, and opened for the likes of James Gang/Joe Walsh and other top groups in the 70s. He met Noodle at Ohio University in Athens Ohio in 1972.
Sady I found my buddy passed away on his couch Oct 30, 2022. I forced my way into his house, and found him. He was 72.

I_GROW_SKUNK

I_GROW_SKUNK

Im from the hills of E Kentucky. In our neck of the woods we got the real deal RKS from Willian Keith "NOODLE" Hayes from Meigs county Ohio, in 1979. We grew it for 5 years, and then the cops got it, and Ive not seen the likes of it since. In the 70s, and 80s Meigs County Ohio was known as the Humboldt County of the east. Noodle collected seeds starting in the late 60s, and early 70s. He is also the originator of Meigs County Gold.
He got busted in the 80s, and spent 7 years in prison. One of his relatives still has some of his genetics, but from what I know his RKS is long gone.
NOODLE died in St Marys Medical Center in Huntington West Virginia in 2020 at age of 75. Almost 76. He was born in July 1944. He died Jan 2020.
My buddy was the one who got the seeds from Noodle as my buddy used to play in bands all over, and opened for the likes of James Gang/Joe Walsh and other top groups in the 70s. He met Noodle at Ohio University in Athens Ohio in 1972.
Sady I found my buddy passed away on his couch Oct 30, 2022. I forced my way into his house, and found him. He was 72.
Sorry for your loss brother. 🙏

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Yeah Im sorry for your loss my friend thats a bummer.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I too ran the Authentic Genetics 1988 skunk and didn't get anything remotely skunky. Great high from the plants and they had a nice zesty smell but it wasn't skunky. I was a bit disappointed. One thing I can say is the Skunk Im running from I_Grow_Skunk is in veg and it is pretty dam stinky. I think his skunk is legit but I will update everyone once I get into flower. Im excited its loud AF. I had a lot of grow issues that set me back all my fault however Im getting the tent back up and healthy again right now. the 1990s San Diego Catpiss is smoking loud too.

I_GROW_SKUNK

I_GROW_SKUNK

I too ran the Authentic Genetics 1988 skunk and didn't get anything remotely skunky. Great high from the plants and they had a nice zesty smell but it wasn't skunky. I was a bit disappointed. One thing I can say is the Skunk Im running from I_Grow_Skunk is in veg and it is pretty dam stinky. I think his skunk is legit but I will update everyone once I get into flower. Im excited its loud AF. I had a lot of grow issues that set me back all my fault however Im getting the tent back up and healthy again right now. the 1990s San Diego Catpiss is smoking loud too.
I was wondering if you ever got around to running those yet lol. And thanks for the kind words

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I was wondering if you ever got around to running those yet lol. And thanks for the kind words
Yeah Im running them. Wer'e finally getting back into high gear now. I made some rookie errors on the last run and had to start over. Then a few other hiccups at the beginning of your seed run but I was able to correct them. Were starting to look good now I will start getting some grow update photos going in the coming weeks.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Yeah it was a bummer finding him. I hadnt heard from him in a few days, and another friend of ours was at his house, and couldnt raise him, and asked me to come out there so I went, and forced my way in, and found him. He had been passed for a few days. It looked like he passed in his sleep, as he was curled up on his couch with a blanket over him, and his eyes closed. He had heart trouble, and stents. At least it didnt look like he suffered any. We should all probably be lucky enough just to pass in our sleep. I had to call the coroner and all that, and they found some weed in his house, and he had some in some trunks of his cars that he was going to redo. I dont know if the cops found what was in his cars. He also had all kinds of really good seeds he made over the summer. I had given him some really good genetics to F2 and he had thousands and thousands of seeds. Id given him some Cricketts and Cicada Pacific North West Hashplant x Puck/NL1 BC1, Lebanese x Puck/NL1 BC1, Sensi Star/Puck/NL1 BC1, Puck x Puck/NL1 BC1, and he kept all of it straight, and F2 each individual strain at different locations. He loved these new genetics, and had high expectations for 2023. Im assuming the cops got all of the seeds too. Puck is also know as Skelly Hashplant, and was a pheno found in Nevils Hashplant in 1987- 1988. A guy named Skelly found it, and he kept it in something he called a Puck, thus the 2 different names. Nevils Hashplant was a cross of the Pacific Northwest Hshpland x NL1, and then Nevil got a Male of the PNWHP/NL cross, and crossed it back into the PNWHP. PNWHP, and Skelly/Puck are clone only. The PNWHP, and Skelly are the most sought after of all the clone only Indica strains. Ive never seen either one of them for sale.
I did find the Puck S1s about a month ago and jumped on them. I usually never buy femininized seeds, but these are so rare I had to take a chance. Ive heard they are very finicky, and when bred, dont produce alot of viable seeds. Thats why when Cricketts and Cicada releases crosses of this strain, theres a limited amount of packs, because the plant simply doesnt produce alot of seeds. There was only about 150 packs of each cross they released with the Puck clone involved.
If anyone is interested in obtaining any of the Puck S1s let me know, and Ill tell you how to buy them. They are expensive at $150 for 7 seeds. I bought 2 packs. And to be clear. I have ZERO Affiliation to the vendor.

To be honst Im trying to recreat a strain I had given to me in the early 90s. It was a cross of Sensi Seeds NL5 x Haze x Nevils Hashplant/Skunk1. It was the best stuff Id seen since the early 70s, including any type of skunk, and my buddy that passed agreed. It was so potent I had people get mad at me, and swear I put PCP in it. One girl is still mad at me to thid day. ince 1996. She hates me. She speny 3 hours puking, and had to stay right beside the toilet.
It was so potent that i you tried to take a hit, and hold it, it would make you lose your vision for several seconds, and followed by a huge coughing spell with snot and shit coming out of your nose. It was very floral, and hashy tasting, and smelled like floral catpiss, and honysuckle. The smell growing was straight up cat piss, and flowers, and would defeat any carbon filter. Me and a buddy grew this stuff from 1991-1997 when another partnr I was making clones for to put on his 2000 acre afarm in Lincoln County Kentucky got busted with 500 clones I gave him, and ratte me out, and they came and got me ith about 700 more.
I spent 7 years in Federal Prison, and 5 years supervised release. So I spent from 1997-2009 under the thumb of the feds. I pled guilty to a 10-Life Mandatory Minimum, and 3-5 Million $$$ fine, which was waived.
I had been looking for the purest Nevils Hashplant genetics I could find since I got out in 2009, and only found it in the Cricketts, and Cicada PNWHP x Puck/NL1 BC1, and the Puck x Puck/NL1 BC1, and now the cops got it again. But if the Puck S1s pan out, and Ive got 150 seeds of Mel Franks Sk1 I can make the one cross of the HP/Sk1 myself. And AKBeanBrains has the original NL5/Haze from the late 80s-early 90s that my strain had. I also have 150 seeds of this strain. Not to mention C&C us going to come out with a cross of the original Sk1/Puck in the near future, and if I can get a pack or 2 of those, that will solve alot of problems. The thing different about my ross is that mine had the hashplant as th e Male, and Sk1 was the Female. Considering theyre using the Puck as the female, and the Sk1 as the male, the plants orders are reversed. So thats something else Im hoping that will pan out even if the Male/Female are reversed. But if I can get the C&C Puck/NL1 BC2 I can use a male from that cross, and a female Sk1. I had planned on using the PNWHP x Puck/NL1 BC1 F2s as the male, as this would have been the closests to Nevils original hashplant. Nevil said the Hashplant he made, was the most potent weed he ever smoked.

Last edited:
SSgrower

SSgrower

Seems like a whole lot of effort to "capture" RKS or any cultivar for that matter,Lol. I say this with a side note: I smoked a j of some cultivar, my girlfriend was in a bedroom 20' away in an Apt. in 1978-79, I fired up the j blew a puff out the door I was standing in. My girl in the back bedroom said: I smell a skunk! I quickly shut the front door, realizing what I was smoking. Can't remember who I got the bag, maybe 1/2 oz. of Skunk but it did smell, the High I can't remember. Cheers SS

I_GROW_SKUNK

I_GROW_SKUNK

Yeah it was a bummer finding him. I hadnt heard from him in a few days, and another friend of ours was at his house, and couldnt raise him, and asked me to come out there so I went, and forced my way in, and found him. He had been passed for a few days. It looked like he passed in his sleep, as he was curled up on his couch with a blanket over him, and his eyes closed. He had heart trouble, and stents. At least it didnt look like he suffered any. We should all probably be lucky enough just to pass in our sleep. I had to call the coroner and all that, and they found some weed in his house, and he had some in some trunks of his cars that he was going to redo. I dont know if the cops found what was in his cars. He also had all kinds of really good seeds he made over the summer. I had given him some really good genetics to F2 and he had thousands and thousands of seeds. Id given him some Cricketts and Cicada Pacific North West Hashplant x Puck/NL1 BC1, Lebanese x Puck/NL1 BC1, Sensi Star/Puck/NL1 BC1, Puck x Puck/NL1 BC1, and he kept all of it straight, and F2 each individual strain at different locations. He loved these new genetics, and had high expectations for 2023. Im assuming the cops got all of the seeds too. Puck is also know as Skelly Hashplant, and was a pheno found in Nevils Hashplant in 1987- 1988. A guy named Skelly found it, and he kept it in something he called a Puck, thus the 2 different names. Nevils Hashplant was a cross of the Pacific Northwest Hshpland x NL1, and then Nevil got a Male of the PNWHP/NL cross, and crossed it back into the PNWHP. PNWHP, and Skelly/Puck are clone only. The PNWHP, and Skelly are the most sought after of all the clone only Indica strains. Ive never seen either one of them for sale.
I did find the Puck S1s about a month ago and jumped on them. I usually never buy femininized seeds, but these are so rare I had to take a chance. Ive heard they are very finicky, and when bred, dont produce alot of viable seeds. Thats why when Cricketts and Cicada releases crosses of this strain, theres a limited amount of packs, because the plant simply doesnt produce alot of seeds. There was only about 150 packs of each cross they released with the Puck clone involved.
If anyone is interested in obtaining any of the Puck S1s let me know, and Ill tell you how to buy them. They are expensive at $150 for 7 seeds. I bought 2 packs. And to be clear. I have ZERO Affiliation to the vendor.

To be honst Im trying to recreat a strain I had given to me in the early 90s. It was a cross of Sensi Seeds NL5 x Haze x Nevils Hashplant/Skunk1. It was the best stuff Id seen since the early 70s, including any type of skunk, and my buddy that passed agreed. It was so potent I had people get mad at me, and swear I put PCP in it. One girl is still mad at me to thid day. ince 1996. She hates me. She speny 3 hours puking, and had to stay right beside the toilet.
It was so potent that i you tried to take a hit, and hold it, it would make you lose your vision for several seconds, and followed by a huge coughing spell with snot and shit coming out of your nose. It was very floral, and hashy tasting, and smelled like floral catpiss, and honysuckle. The smell growing was straight up cat piss, and flowers, and would defeat any carbon filter. Me and a buddy grew this stuff from 1991-1997 when another partnr I was making clones for to put on his 2000 acre afarm in Lincoln County Kentucky got busted with 500 clones I gave him, and ratte me out, and they came and got me ith about 700 more.
I spent 7 years in Federal Prison, and 5 years supervised release. So I spent from 1997-2009 under the thumb of the feds. I pled guilty to a 10-Life Mandatory Minimum, and 3-5 Million $$$ fine, which was waived.
I had been looking for the purest Nevils Hashplant genetics I could find since I got out in 2009, and only found it in the Cricketts, and Cicada PNWHP x Puck/NL1 BC1, and the Puck x Puck/NL1 BC1, and now the cops got it again. But if the Puck S1s pan out, and Ive got 150 seeds of Mel Franks Sk1 I can make the one cross of the HP/Sk1 myself. And AKBeanBrains has the original NL5/Haze from the late 80s-early 90s that my strain had. I also have 150 seeds of this strain. Not to mention C&C us going to come out with a cross of the original Sk1/Puck in the near future, and if I can get a pack or 2 of those, that will solve alot of problems. The thing different about my ross is that mine had the hashplant as th e Male, and Sk1 was the Female. Considering theyre using the Puck as the female, and the Sk1 as the male, the plants orders are reversed. So thats something else Im hoping that will pan out even if the Male/Female are reversed. But if I can get the C&C Puck/NL1 BC2 I can use a male from that cross, and a female Sk1. I had planned on using the PNWHP x Puck/NL1 BC1 F2s as the male, as this would have been the closests to Nevils original hashplant. Nevil said the Hashplant he made, was the most potent weed he ever smoked.
Yo Swami has all of Nevilles gear. Swami even just started using Heime (Jim's) pollen to make his own skunk line this past summer. We talked about Jim's and I relationship, since Jim and I bonded over us both being veterans. He wanted seeds or a cut and kinda acted pissy when I said I could right now because I'm doing my own thing. It's like giving up my life's work for someone to make history with it. Once I'm done with it, I'll certainly pass it around. He does have lots of the original crosses. Check him out on Instagram. Swami Organic Seed

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Yo Swami has all of Nevilles gear. Swami even just started using Heime (Jim's) pollen to make his own skunk line this past summer. We talked about Jim's and I relationship, since Jim and I bonded over us both being veterans. He wanted seeds or a cut and kinda acted pissy when I said I could right now because I'm doing my own thing. It's like giving up my life's work for someone to make history with it. Once I'm done with it, I'll certainly pass it around. He does have lots of the original crosses. Check him out on Instagram. Swami Organic Seed
Ive been buying Swamis gear for several years. Ive got a bunch of packs in the fridge, and have had a cut of the Blue Orca Haze for 5 years. We went through 75 females to find this one. Swami doesnt have any of Nevils Hashplant that I know of, or the Puck/Skelly cut, or the PNWHP cut. He has some G13/Hashplant, but no Nevils Hashplant. Ive also grown the RKS x Michoacan few years ago. and found only pine. I myself am not in a quest to find the RKS. Id buy it if I could find it, but I could ever duplicate the Haze x NL5 x Hashplant/Sk1 Id never need another strain. I grew that cross for almost 7 years, and never even thought about needing any other strain. It was that good. I smoked it 7 years, and never got burned out on it, and it had no ceiling.

I_GROW_SKUNK

I_GROW_SKUNK

Ive been buying Swamis gear for several years. Ive got a bunch of packs in the fridge, and have had a cut of the Blue Orca Haze for 5 years. We went through 75 females to find this one. Swami doesnt have any of Nevils Hashplant that I know of, or the Puck/Skelly cut, or the PNWHP cut. He has some G13/Hashplant, but no Nevils Hashplant. Ive also grown the RKS x Michoacan few years ago. and found only pine.
Yeah Jim just passed away and gave his pollen to a couple of people this past summer, prior to his passing, one being swami. How do you like the BOH? I wanted to try it for sure

Latest posts

Top Bottom