roadkill skunk breeding

• Thread starter jetcat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jetcat

It seems to be the case that rks is a trait that can be lost with time. Especially in artificial conditions... Interestingly enough it seems to remain in certain strains like sour d, while becoming void in its predecessor mass ss.
some of the skunkiest I've come accross has been from below the border if you know what I mean... if you want a real skunk parent your going to have to blaze into some serious gang territory. probably not worth the risk. more realistically you should be running bagseed from the nineties and crossing it with the funkiest Afghan you can find (certain AK phenos might do the trick if you can't find an appropriate landrace). your probably going to want to avoid the bubba like stuff. ideally you should be using two different varieties from the Americas. however nowadays that might be all you can get your hands on.. saving you one step in the breeding process.
I would love to learn more about this and hear from y'all who have takin' this on as a lifelong quest to revive these classic genetics.

J

jediSD

I know a guy who has the real oldschool cali skunk. you can have a gram in your pocket and it will stink up an entire grocery store no joke. when hes growin it you can smell it way before you get to his house. it has the biggest colas ive ever seen on an indoor plant too. he hoards the fuck out of it tho. its always super strong has a trippy high and that skunk flavor get stuck in you throat for hours. Its got sum super thick orange hairs and when you break it up its so fuckin sticky. youll be biteing the resin off your fingers a couple days later.

J

jediSD

man hes been tellin me that hes gonna give me seeds for a while now. evry time I bring it up he tries to change the subject. Ill take it over any strain on earth. you get addicted to that skunk smell and the high. I never get a tolerance to it. from the first hit you feel like your dome is sky rocketing to outerspace then all of a sudden your whole body fuckin crashes on mars and you dont want to move. its also one of the only strains that makes me laugh my ass off for hours, like if I smoked for the first time.

Motarebel

Motarebel

man hes been tellin me that hes gonna give me seeds for a while now. evry time I bring it up he tries to change the subject. Ill take it over any strain on earth. you get addicted to that skunk smell and the high. I never get a tolerance to it. from the first hit you feel like your dome is sky rocketing to outerspace then all of a sudden your whole body fuckin crashes on mars and you dont want to move. its also one of the only strains that makes me laugh my ass off for hours, like if I smoked for the first time.

That's enough of that shit,a person can take only so much teasin! lol I've seen too many of these where the strain dies because of the greed.

J

jediSD

hes gonna give me sum buds that are lightly seeded. so hopefully I can get a few plants outdoors this season. he told me they get at least 4+ pounds off each plant outdoors. he told me the genetics are mainly mexican but also has some indica in it.

JK420

JK420

I got a pheno of Mr. Nice's Shark Shock that smells exactly like a dead skunk. She's a great smoke. Threw a few nanners on me a little after the 9th week, though. Good luck with your search

homebrew420

homebrew420

I just brought down a small bag seed from my neighbor. Out of his Hindu Kush he grows. Had 2 seeds and I believe it was hit accidentally by a Double sour Diesel fem that dropped pollen. She is known to do that, as I gave him that cut, the DSD. The Hindu is thought to be from old Sensi stock. When it cut her she stunk like dead skunk and dirty diesel fuel. smoke is pretty good to. I was happy to find this, I have been looking for a nice skunk strain for some time. And lets not forget it puts on some weight of course.

Peace

J

jetcat

I know a guy who has the real oldschool cali skunk. you can have a gram in your pocket and it will stink up an entire grocery store no joke. when hes growin it you can smell it way before you get to his house. it has the biggest colas ive ever seen on an indoor plant too. he hoards the fuck out of it tho. its always super strong has a trippy high and that skunk flavor get stuck in you throat for hours. Its got sum super thick orange hairs and when you break it up its so fuckin sticky. youll be biteing the resin off your fingers a couple days later.

I would love to try that! I used to get "bammer" from this one dude that was very peppery, buttery, and Skunky. he sold 5 dollar blunts of it. I have yet to see this strain again. Most of the mex I've tried lately has been mainly sweet peppery tomato plant. I have a Oaxacan and a lemon something that I haven't grown out yet because I'm affraid of accidental pollinations. Ill probably put them in their own closet and collect pollen (if they hermie) then hit a few lowers in the main with a paintbrush to some chems etc. Keep me updated on that strain! It sounds like a real winner, and a true classic.

T

toothless

Rezdog did a cross with m39, he called it basic D. it was roadkill. it was pungent and acrid. it smelled great, if you like dead skunk smell. it did not taste good. it was bitter and tasted of burning tires. I think there is a reason that sweet skunk gained favor in the seed market. Shiva skunk is also getting close with some phenos, but tastes much better but is not nearly rks. true rks is not tasty imho.

J

jetcat

Rezdog did a cross with m39, he called it basic D. it was roadkill. it was pungent and acrid. it smelled great, if you like dead skunk smell. it did not taste good. it was bitter and tasted of burning tires. I think there is a reason that sweet skunk gained favor in the seed market. Shiva skunk is also getting close with some phenos, but tastes much better but is not nearly rks. true rks is not tasty imho.

thanks for that info. I'm not sure I've ever had real rks. I have a friend who hypes it quite a bit and that's what sparked my interest. I look forward to telling him it taste like burnt tires lol.

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
man i remember we used to get some willies well my cuz would jack his older brother neon green frost and smelled like straight skunk ahhh the good old days

G

gooey

Dont give me no bammer weed, we dont smoke that shit in the sfc...RBL Posse anyone? I use to get some herb like this, was breaking it up in the back of a suburban and my boys girl asked us if we smelt that skunk ( she hadnt seen us with the herb), cause for a good laugh and a better spliff...peacw n puffs bring on the skunk

J

jetcat

strait up nostalgia! its like watching flight of the navigator all over again: some parts are dank but the jokes are pretty wack. back in the day tolerances were low and fuely was mistaken for real grease ha. but I still want to try that old school shit at least one more time. and grown under better conditions. my hope is for something bobdignagian but likely it will not compare to some bomb og.

slausongardens

slausongardens

its funny that the roadkill skunk weed used to be common and everywhere, people even got sick of it and now its nowhere and were all dying to get something with a roadkill skunk funk.. i wonder where it went?? i think its just been bred so many times differently that those traits got lost.. and ive always thought the Chemdog had some relation to a roadkill skunk that just changed over time to that chemmy smell.

who knows.. but i have heard that if youre going to look for it, to look through the afghans and not the skunks.

i just wanna punch sam the skunkman in the mouth everytime i read how he didnt like the roadkill smell and bred those traits out cuz he wanted the skunk to smell sweet. who the fuck wants sweet smelling skunk???? its skunk for a reason, shoulda been bred to be as skunky as possible.

anyways, someones gotta find it.. cannacopias got a bc cut, i wonder how it is, im gonna try out there deep chunk cross but i wonder how there cut is alone, they should s1 it or cross it to a chem.

hopefully we will see it soon.

edit: if bodhi says hes got it, hes prolly got it... that guy knows his stuff. and if he has it, he will release it cuz greed is not his style. lets go bodhi..

dankworth

dankworth

Oh no! Sam the Skunkman bred the skunkiest shit there was, and then handed it over to the DEA along with the naked pictures he had of his mom.
Bitch.

Though tempting, the thought of robbing someone holding a true RKS clone and leaving 10k in american currency is NOT the right thing to do.
I repeat NOT the right thing.
Really.
No matter how good the idea starts to sound.
Seriously.
Don't do it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom