Rock solid nuggets, how to grow?

• Thread starter staops3001
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

staops3001

I have been a novice grower for a couple seasons now.
The commercial stuff that I buy, the nuggets are like rocks.
Is there something in the grow process or the curing/drying process that is making them this way?
The stuff that I grow is always good and potent, but the dried and cured buds are always nothing like the commercial stuff.
Thank you.

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Is there something in the grow process or the curing/drying process that is making them this way?
The stuff that I grow is always good and potent, but the dried and cured buds are always nothing like the commercial stuff.
Thank you.
We need info on your set up

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

I asked this also , one person told me seabird quano during flower 🤷‍♂️ Im trying it week 5 flower illl let you know if it is true come harvest , coming soon !

mrcrispy13

mrcrispy13

I suspect it's a few things. Commercial buds tend to be trimmed mechanically and often (I hear) they use fancy systems to cure them...degassing-dehydrators or some such nonsense. I personally have always preferred the fluffy buds with unbroken trichomes that have never been packed tightly into storage, but it's a personal preference. My garden grown celery and cilantro doesn't look like what they sell at the store either since growers use hydro sea of green approaches managed with computer controls - but it tastes way better.

Now that all the commercial trim gets turned into concentrates, what gets sold as flower has become the opposite of what I am looking for - the frosty artisan spearheads of yesteryear.

mrcrispy13

mrcrispy13

I like my shit so hard you could throw it through a window brother. Never smoked a fluffy nug that even come close to some compact tight shit , I guess it’s really all preference at the end of the day
Nothing wrong with that if it makes you happy! I should have mentioned that bud density doesn't seem to affect my smoke much since I almost exclusively smoke kief or pressed hashish. Once broken down and sifted out it's all about the trichs and terps. The leftovers go right back into the compost pile at my house.

josefrahl

josefrahl

My first couple of grows the buds where a pretty fluffy, but now they're very dense. Biggest changes I made was adding Incredible Bulk last 3 weeks before harvest, and adding more light. They got a lot more dense, but not quite there until I started adding a few more weeks to the cure. Now they feel like rocks, but still have that little bit of a sponge when sqeezed.

Anthem

Anthem

Bud boosters and silica will help.
I understand that a lot of people feel silica is silica. Only MSA can be up taken by the plant. If you add in a product with potash it need microbes to break down the silicon in the potash to MSA than it is available to the plant but it takes weeks for this process. MSA is directly available to the plant and you can stop it in a dime. Where as the other products the process can keep going.
I am not a fan of bud busters. I use 1 gram per gallon of a homemade version of Hammerhead for weeks 4-6. Most do little for the plant. Tried many, some over 200 us for a liter

gristle

gristle

I understand that a lot of people feel silica is silica. Only MSA can be up taken by the plant. If you add in a product with potash it need microbes to break down the silicon in the potash to MSA than it is available to the plant but it takes weeks for this process. MSA is directly available to the plant and you can stop it in a dime. Where as the other products the process can keep going.
I am not a fan of bud busters. I use 1 gram per gallon of a homemade version of Hammerhead for weeks 4-6. Most do little for the plant. Tried many, some over 200 us for a liter
I am aware.
I use powersi and zero bud boosters.

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

I have IMO went too far with dense buds. There are two things that will make sense buds I have found.
First off is Mono Salic Acid not SI, but mono. I am stopping at week 3 with it at this point.
Second is light intensity.
Nice very nice good input man when using mono how do you approach this ? Ppm ? Amount per liter . Etc . Thanks 🙏

Anthem

Anthem

Nice very nice good input man when using mono how do you approach this ? Ppm ? Amount per liter . Etc . Thanks 🙏
The best MSA I have used is Silicium, your have have to check the spelling. I am using Front ROW AG presently. Pretty straight forward. .5 mills per gallon of water. Use it to about week 4. If you do not have rock hard buds than you do not have enough light on the plants.

growsince79

growsince79

Thank you.
Mostly genetics imo.

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

The best MSA I have used is Silicium, your have have to check the spelling. I am using Front ROW AG presently. Pretty straight forward. .5 mills per gallon of water. Use it to about week 4. If you do not have rock hard buds than you do not have enough light on the plants.
This one ?
DB72D9DC 72CA 4DB1 ACA5 4919EFC6BA4E

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

700-900 ppfd during flower ? Much more ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom