Rock solid nuggets, how to grow?

• Thread starter staops3001
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Titleist

To the OP, if you've given your plants the proper amount of light, nutrients and environment you should see a product that shows off the gentic's features. Take a look at most home growers pics and you'll see most of them don't appear to be a little rock with a stem sticking out of it. Most of it will show sugar leaves and seed bracts. If you're seeing airy flowers it could be strain related or it could be your grow environment and nutes. A lot of folks see air buds and "hairy" bracts because they're blasting too much light on the plant whereas keeping at max or just under can produce a nice large flower. Keep your plants within the correct VPD parameters at all times and if everything else is on point you'll get the best flower the genetic will produce. And it won't look like a solid rock.

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Wow boys , well fucking said thank you 🙏 I can’t wait to try homegrown you have no idea how excited I am my whole life I’ve believed these rockhard dense was what everybody was going for , I’m very undereducated and extremely happy that I have been able to learn what you guys are putting forward here essentially it’s almost like apples at the grocery store versus apples at a true farmers market I love this my mind feels like it just exploded this morning! Much much love ❤️
P.S.
TSD is a woman✌🏼

Reactions: TSD
Moshmen

Moshmen

I used to have an indoor grow I could only use in winter months, so I sometimes put cuts from the spring indoor grow out in my yard for the summer (35 N latitude). Light intensity definitely is at play, but planting directly into amended mineral soil would also add silica that my indoor soil mix might have lacked.

Regardless, same genetics went from a bud density of about 6 on a 1-10 scale, to a 10.

With HPS, one way of increasing light intensity is lowering the light, but the increase in heat causes tasseling, which makes buds more fluffy. So there is a sweet spot when increasing light intensity also increases heat.

All this said, I've come to realize bud density is unrelated to potency. I no longer care about bud density.
Yes. People need to realize most commercial grown is concerned about one thing... profits. Spray them with chemicals for pests, pump them full of everything they can handle for fast growth, get max crystals so you can tumble a bunch off to use for another product to double profits, do a quick dry and cure or maybe no cure at all, for fast turnover... why anyone would want to strive to make thier homegrown like commercially grown, is beyond me... it's mid level at best. Small craft grows and dispos are obviously a little different, but profit is still king most of the time. I can spend 8 months growing and curing my year's worth of smoke because profit isn't in my equation. I've seen videos from a friend that works in the industry in Cali, it definitely does not look like hard little Christmas trees when it goes into the tumbler, and the trichs on the tray below the tumbler are bountiful... thry wouldn't spend hundreds of thousands on the tumbling machines if it wasn't worth it. It doubles thier profits and makes uncurred weed look like it's been cured for 2 months.... until you smoke it and it gives you a headache and has a shit flavor profile... but that's why they invented terp sprays, to trick your nose... usually it's not even weed terps, it's shit extracted from lemons and herbs and shit. As usual, the almighty dollar has ruined something beautiful.
Tell us how ya really feel! Lol
So true I grow for my own needs only time I compare to dispo weed anymore is to make sure I’m still producing better product ! Lol 😂

Moshmen

Moshmen

Wow boys , well fucking said thank you 🙏 I can’t wait to try homegrown you have no idea how excited I am my whole life I’ve believed these rockhard dense was what everybody was going for , I’m very undereducated and extremely happy that I have been able to learn what you guys are putting forward here essentially it’s almost like apples at the grocery store versus apples at a true farmers market I love this my mind feels like it just exploded this morning! Much much love ❤️
Fwiw SHE is a very knowledgeable gardener/farmer .

freezeland2

freezeland2

To the OP, if you've given your plants the proper amount of light, nutrients and environment you should see a product that shows off the gentic's features. Take a look at most home growers pics and you'll see most of them don't appear to be a little rock with a stem sticking out of it. Most of it will show sugar leaves and seed bracts. If you're seeing airy flowers it could be strain related or it could be your grow environment and nutes. A lot of folks see air buds and "hairy" bracts because they're blasting too much light on the plant whereas keeping at max or just under can produce a nice large flower. Keep your plants within the correct VPD parameters at all times and if everything else is on point you'll get the best flower the genetic will produce. And it won't look like a solid rock.
There are exceptions. Genetics is probably the biggest driver if the plant’s needs are met. Case in point.

81124975 0A0E 42D3 8797 8AA6C9790B5C
T

Titleist

Sweet bud! I guess that looks close to the PGR stuff I've seen. It doesn't have that glued together in a solid block look but it's a nice solid bud. You even got the stem sticking out of it :)

E

Edinburg

Tell us how ya really feel! Lol
So true I grow for my own needs only time I compare to dispo weed anymore is to make sure I’m still producing better product ! Lol 😂
Yo bro, there are not 200 people here, got a bad batch of dirt grew 1 plant in 1gal of dirt, parked the Harley and started a proper winter grow, site keeps sending stuff back to e mail, they think I'm new and am not just new phone with a shity camera lol

freezeland2

freezeland2

Sweet bud! I guess that looks close to the PGR stuff I've seen. It doesn't have that glued together in a solid block look but it's a nice solid bud. You even got the stem sticking out of it :)
It’s solid. Smells great and stuns pretty good with a nice Sativa high. Got some strawberry Kush cooking now that has nice fat buds similar to that haze bud I posted. Genetics are key.

flowerdave

flowerdave

It’s solid. Smells great and stuns pretty good with a nice Sativa high. Got some strawberry Kush cooking now that has nice fat buds similar to that haze bud I posted. Genetics are key.
was that super silver haze?

freezeland2

freezeland2

My SLH was pulled super early and it still tastes and smells great and gets me baked, nice strain, wish I would have had better luck with mine and been able to get her fully mature, she was my problem child all season lol.
I really regret having not cloned that plant.

Top Bottom