Rock-wool And Clay Pebbles Watering Cycle

• Thread starter Snuffberries
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Snuffberries

Hey guys

I have recently started my first hydroponic grow. I have attached pics. I started my seeds in rock-wool and have since potted them in clay pebbles. In hindsight i think i should have started them in clay pebbles in an aerocloner. I used to have them above the clay pebbles and have since buried them deeper to cover the rock-wool. I think my setup is technically a drip system? I have been watering 8 times a day at 1 min intervals (only when the light is on). My question is can i run it more? I'm worried about root rot because of the rock-wool?

Also i am using a 400W HPS and MH combo for my grow. My tent is 800mm x 800mm x 1600mm I recently bought a 300W full spectrum LED (link below) Will it do the job and can i swap it out now?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/311635510040?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Rock wool and clay pebbles watering cycle
Rock wool and clay pebbles watering cycle 2
Rock wool and clay pebbles watering cycle 3
Rock wool and clay pebbles watering cycle 4
Rock wool and clay pebbles watering cycle 5
Rock wool and clay pebbles watering cycle 6

Any tips and advise is appreciated!

S

Snuffberries

Also should i grow 4 in here or one big one? What is the best option?

FennarioMike

FennarioMike

Well, I'd relocate that carbon filter so you have the headroom to raise the light all the way up - at some point you will need to.

You could probably get away with 4 in there, just keep them trimmed and SCROG them. Don't let them veg more than 3 or 4 weeks.

As long as your rock wool can drain and isn't soaked, you're ok. Once the roots are into the hydroton you don't need that cube to be wet. Too much wetness can cause damping off above the root crown and the plant declines quickly.

Top Bottom