rock wool?

• Thread starter Nef420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pisces

Pisces

Hey North Knect, not trying to sound dickish, but You should really start your own thread to ask those Q's ….

That way this thread stays on topic and don't get muddled up.

But to answer you Q, Yes, pre-wash the pellets…….

Peace and take care~

north knect

north knect

Hey North Knect, not trying to sound dickish, but You should really start your own thread to ask those Q's ….

Peace and take care~
no worries..sry/thx hsppy farmin

north knect

north knect

Peace and take care~
the thread is about rockwool is it not tho? i asked 2 questions..the first about rockwool which u didnt even answer lol

Pisces

Pisces

Each and Every single Grower and Garden is different. YMMV!!!
Is your set up completely dialed in?

If so, the roots should only take a day or two before they start taking off and shooting out the bottom.

If Not, then your clones will take much longer before they stretch their legs…. due to lack of experience.

Last edited:
north knect

north knect

im usin beans not clones..but yes def lack of experience on my part..your posts on this thread have pretty well school me on hydro lol

Pisces

Pisces

lol…. sorry knect, haven't had my coffee yet. :banghead:

With plants grown from seed, you should Definitely see roots much quicker then plants grown from clone….
This is because plants grown from Seed are much more vigorous.

That is unless, the plant from Clone was recently germinated and grown from Seed.
Then it would still be vigorous…

Example…… my clones of the White take much longer to root and veg then my Choco D clones.

This is simply because the White is a much older girl with less vigor.

Choco D on the other hand….. she's only a couple years old and she will explode!

At least this has been my experience over the years….

north knect

north knect

no prob lol i have those mornings to lol..so is there much difference in different companies rockwool? any u dont advise usin and do?

Pisces

Pisces

I just use Grodan products…….

At my local hydro store, they sale the Grodan "ParGro" line up cheaper then they sale the "Delta" GrowBlock line up.

….for instance, the 4x4" ParGro's are only $4.50 for a six pack while the Delta's are $8.25 a six pack….

So i go with the ParGro's ……. then once they are rooted in those (usually a couple of days) they get x-planted into 8" mesh bottom pots filled with Grodan 1/2" Croutons….DTW

Check out my thread if interested…. click on link -----> ~Skitty Buckets~

north knect

north knect

will do! my little setup i bought came with grodan cubes and ph solutions so i guess im fgood 2 go

Nef420

Nef420

Pisces!!!!!! Wasup bro!!!!! My plants are doing pretty damn good! Recently had a small mite issue on them but I bought some mighty wash and all good now. I think it was through a small hole in the floor I never sealed properly. Unless the clones already had them and I never noticed. Lol but anyways! I wanted to ask what happens to the bottom part or your plants once the grow through the net? You leave it to grow or do you cut it?

Pisces

Pisces

Hey Nef….wuddup brosef?
G'morning ……er, afternoon to you too :)

Glad to hear your plants are doing well…. I was hoping they would.

To answer your Q about pruning……

After completely rooted, I only Top once!

I then concentrate on four main branches and chop off the other stems that are non dominant…….but I leave the leafs.

These four main branches will also be pruned all the way up their branches like like in the pics i took a couple of years ago while still learning about the pruning technique that I still use and incorporate today with my set up.

In pics 2,3 &4…I placed the scissors where I would chop the branches from the four main branches.

This is done so that the plant can concentrate mainly on it's tops w/o having to waste energy on larf, or under developed flowers.

Pj1
Pj2
Pj3
Pj4

Nef420

Nef420

Nice. I will try that. I kinda tried it before but on some outdoor plants I have. But I thought it was the other way around lol take off the big leaves and leave the new branches. Lol

BudBongJovi

BudBongJovi

Thanks for the interesting thread! Definitely encouraging me to move indoors for my next cycle :D

Nef420

Nef420

Pisces!!!!! Wasup! It's been a while! I just wanted to show you my current results! Lol thanks to your help! I probably would have never been able to pull it off. I am using the recipie you have me but without the Epsom salt. I moved and lost it. Lol too high all the time. I also was unable to change it to the cubes you use. I just went through a lot of unnecessary bullshit. But the plants are good but...lol some are showing some problems that I'm not sure what the problems are. They had also went a whole 7 days with no water and no light. Fucked up. I was hella mad. But to my surprise the were not droopy at all. Fucking awesome!!! But they did come back fast and then now showing some small problems.

Pisces

Pisces

Looks like what your experiencing is Mag deficiency imo…… looks like you should've never left the epsom behind.

Also, you should have covered the top of those cubes with panda film …. looks like the algae has really taken over.

Algae in and of itself isn't bad but gone to that extreme will def choke out the roots.

One thing I have learned from all my previous runs is that plants like stressless consistency!

Nef420

Nef420

Yea I just was all fucked with everything but they look pretty good still I will add some of that and I'm going to get some more epsom salt tomorrow. But yea I got some more clones that I am gona follow you recipie now that I'm all settled down. Lol.

Top Bottom