Rockdust and Coco?

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hazyfontazy

not quite sure what rockdust is,, but coco dont need nothing if your using coco nutes,maybe a little perlite in botom of pots to assist drainage:)

F

FastForward

It's used in soil mixes for trace elements - some very interesting research out there about it. This guy did a germ test and found up to 80% more root mass using it for some conditions (compost+rockdust), plus his germ room sounds a lot like ours :)

I just wondered if a sprinkle in coco would bring any benefit, or just get washed through, or is pointless with coco nutes... I'm going to repot my mud dwellers into a mix with some rockdust in though.

H

hazyfontazy

It's used in soil mixes for trace elements - some very interesting research out there about it. This guy did a germ test and found up to 80% more root mass using it for some conditions (compost+rockdust), plus his germ room sounds a lot like ours :)

I just wondered if a sprinkle in coco would bring any benefit, or just get washed through, or is pointless with coco nutes... I'm going to repot my mud dwellers into a mix with some rockdust in though.

looking at those results it gotta be worth doing a comparrison grow ,it sounds like its similiar to plant success and cannas trichoderma fungus ,really improves root mass,,,

do a side by side grow and see what diferences occur ,it can never hurt to experiment :cool:

F

FastForward

do a side by side grow and see what diferences occur ,it can never hurt to experiment :cool:

Good idea....I'll try it with a few of the G13xMMG I've got in, maybe a TW or two....depends on how many girls I get.

MeJuana

MeJuana

The way this reads on the label it looks like Cal Mag from Botanicare for a fleeting second lol.. But then you think about the CoCo threads you read, lace with Cal Mag etc etc.. In all practicality it seems about as perfect as anyone could want, and talk about natural!

http://www.fertilizeronline.com/rockdust.php

Nice food for thought, I dunno anything just rambling thanks guys!

Top Bottom