Rockwool Clone Ph + Help!

• Thread starter jdogdabface
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jdogdabface

jdogdabface

Hello,
Ive been trying to clone for some time, I've made about every mistake you can, but so far it seems like PH has been whats holding me back.
Im taking my clones off of a few big, healthy mother plants, with nice green leaves reaching for the light..
Strains are Miss White Girl from Exotic Genetix, a Sunshine4 from Bodhi, and a Grease Monkey from Exotic Genetix.

They look great for the first 5 days, then usually start to droop a little, then i get purple and eventually red stems. At first i was trying to water with 5.5 PH water, with light veg nutes, this obviously wasn't working.
So then I tried to adjust my PH to 6.2, and switched to bloom nutes, PPM at 290, this method got my roots, but the tops still look pretty bad...

Question;
What PH do you all find works best for Rockwool clones?
And is there any other tricks to keeping them green? (foliar, etc?)

I really hope to get some feedback, I'm sure one of you farmers has done some experimenting any i would love to hear what works best!

Pics are taken about 5 days after cloning, the one with roots was taken 5 days before the rest, so its about 10 days old in the pic.

Thanks!

Rockwool clone ph  help
Rockwool clone ph  help 2
Rockwool clone ph  help 3
Ignignokt

Ignignokt

You need the 5.5 ph to prep the rockwool - but that is a bit too acid for use after.

Shoot for 6.1, I'd say. Letting it vary a bit - with an eye on the element availability chart for various PH levels. As acid as you have it, nutrient lockout is practically guaranteed.

I often get my clone sources in rockwool. I put them in Coco. Make sure you bury the rockwool under, otherwise it acts like a wick for moisture.

hiboy

hiboy

The basics for successful cloning
Trust me i was making major mistakes at a new place and had to dial it in for success

Humidity 50% minimum general room
Keep under dome till roots with side vents open
Soak cubes no nutes needed 5.5 ph
Dip cuttings in clone gel
Room temps 75 degrees if not get a clone matt heater
Open dome once a day for 2 minutes or so
DO NOT OVERWATER YOU WILL GET ROT
Normally 5 days from first day
Hb

jdogdabface

jdogdabface

Thanks @Ignignokt ! For other in the future: I soak the cubes for no longer than 5 minutes, shake them out real good, then flush with water that has bloom nutes (100 ppm - 6.1 PH) I keep them in a dome, and if they need more water I feed with this same solution. I keep the vents closed until i see roots (about 6 days). then I dip root zone in microbes, and my roots are exploding.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

IMG 0052
I soaked my rock wool @ 200 ppm .7 scale 5.5 ph . After 10 days I hit them with 5.5 again @ 200 ppm. Once I get roots I go up on my feed.

Using clone ex

These babies have been living on clone ex for about a week and a half with roots.... under low light. They have been needing water daily. As of yesterday twice a day. Will be transplanted soon

Top Bottom