Rockwool continuous drip?

• Thread starter birdman4twenty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

birdman4twenty

The thought occurred to me that if I have a well aerated reservoir that running the drip system in my cabinet would be something of a hybrid of NFT and DWC. Is there any reason why the drip system shouldn't be run continuously? I have two slabs in dutch trays that drain into the reservoir that contains two six inch air stones.

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

You can run rockwool as continuous drip but make sure you have the right kind of rockwool... You need the quick drain or "expert" slabs...

B

birdman4twenty

I do in fact. The Delta slabs and cubes don't drain quickly enough?

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

I asked a buddy that I look as a pro with rockwool. There is rock wool that does not hold water at all. He loves it on top of his regular rock wool because it does not keep wet for the nasty green stuff to grown on top. Quick Drain I hear is just like the regular but then again I only have done a few full rounds with rock wool.

B

birdman4twenty

Did some reading on this and the consensus from rockwool growers is that continuous drip is just fine. Control the flow rate and the rockwool can't get water logged and drown the root system. Apparently no one on any of the cannabis themed hydroponics forums uses continuous drip though.

bobby

bobby

I tried a continuous rockwool drip, 6 inch cubes on 8 in slabs, and it was amazing.

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

I am running this run on continuous drip and they are loving it... I started doing it because my timer broke and I didn't have a choice but they loved it so I just left it that way and they are huge!

I ended up putting a coco mat underneath the cubes so that might have helped with getting air to the roots also but I am not having problems running it that way!

Top Bottom