Rockwool Only, 1st Breeding Attempt

• Thread starter 4plant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
4plant

4plant

I’ve been running through strains for awhile now and have a few favourites I’d like to keep and cross. The first one is a blueberry cbd, 1:1 strain that’s a big yielding all day type smoke. The cross will be made with two other favourites of mine 1. Strawberry cough 2. Kosher Tangie. Strawberry cough for me is a tough grower, takes forever, lower yield but the quality and flavour is worth it. The kosher tangie is a potent, big yielding plant that finishes well in 8-9 weeks. My current plan is to grow and clone a blueberry, then pollinate selected branches with pollen from the strawberry and from the kosher Tangie separately, and one in combination. Not sure if two types of pollen on one branch will work or if I’d have to back cross to get a threeway combo? Anyways I’d like to find a strain that I really love, Find a good pheno and run four plants through my room try to see what kind of yield and quality i can get dialing in one of my own creations. Any tricks or tips you have for me you’re greatly appreciated.

SinCity

SinCity

I’ve been running through strains for awhile now and have a few favourites I’d like to keep and cross. The first one is a blueberry cbd, 1:1 strain that’s a big yielding all day type smoke. The cross will be made with two other favourites of mine 1. Strawberry cough 2. Kosher Tangie. Strawberry cough for me is a tough grower, takes forever, lower yield but the quality and flavour is worth it. The kosher tangie is a potent, big yielding plant that finishes well in 8-9 weeks. My current plan is to grow and clone a blueberry, then pollinate selected branches with pollen from the strawberry and from the kosher Tangie separately, and one in combination. Not sure if two types of pollen on one branch will work or if I’d have to back cross to get a threeway combo? Anyways I’d like to find a strain that I really love, Find a good pheno and run four plants through my room try to see what kind of yield and quality i can get dialing in one of my own creations. Any tricks or tips you have for me you’re greatly appreciated.

Yay! i'm not the one with the info, but yay!

4plant

4plant

The two plants in the rockwool slabs are a blueberry cbd (right) and a candida cd1. The one in the back is the Strawberry cough I am going to pot in some promix to slow the growth on it a bit till I can take cuttings from the kosher Tangie and the blueberry to be pollinated.

C7D6752C 4234 474C BAEA 17DE3E3B43F4
B872FF66 A0F6 4580 B278 0B03ED445ACF
4plant

4plant

Collidol silver. The best stuff I could find is 500ppm. I’ve heard 50ppm is ideal for herming plants so I’ll have to dilute it a bit.

F8F61D7A 74C2 423E B937 D639366F04A6
4plant

4plant

Uh oh! While I was setting up the uni slabs I noticed some algae on top and brown roots at the bottom of the 4” cubes. A little algae is no big deal but this got thick and had white spots on it the next day. I normally use humid fulvic and kelp so seeing some brownish roots is not shocking either but I realized I haven’t been feeding any Organics yet as I want to hand feed them rather than putting them in the res. They tend to fall out of suspension on me and fluctuate my ph.

I think while I was on holiday I left my pump to feed (x2)10min feeds a day and drenched the roots so much I got some rot. I have since let them dry up pretty good flushed with .3 ec solution. anything else I should try?been thinking of adding some microbes try to eat up some of that algae and bad bacteria?

B

Burned Haze

If your not killing your bennies and doing the killing route , I would be doing the preventive and as most/population bennies route. Meanings I would get a preventive anti fungi for Rhizoctonia, Pythium, Fusarium, Thielaviopsis, and Cylindrocladium.

Root shield wp or plus is what I picked cause of wha it does/colony size and price. It protects the plants for 10-12 weeks and I would just apply it (10 weeks to guarantee ) and you got 10-12 week protection!
Plus it even helps micro Nute intake like mag/cal and iron like azo does for n and they don’t even advertise that part . Love it

So mykos + azos ( if veg ) + Rootshield WP or plus + em1 ( def awesome bennies )

Proper airflow/ph will also help ( that’s why I love coco), damn I hate algae !

Last edited by a moderator:
4plant

4plant

Thanks for the tip. I’ll def look into using them in rockwool. I’ve been trying to water enough to get proper runoff with a res with just base nutes+ cal mag + silica and add my Organics and microbes by hand when needed but seedlings in 4” cubes take so long to dry out that I’ve oversaturated them badly.

4plant

4plant

So I sliced the top 1/8” of algae off the top of the 4” blocks gave them a 1/3 strength feed and sprinkled some microbes on top. I’ll give them about a week and if their not improved I’ll take what cuttings I can and hit restart. I’ve also ordered some cream and cheese cbd seeds!

Top Bottom