rockwool/size problems

• Thread starter gessgess
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gessgess

I recently switched to a rockwool ebb n flow from a perlite/coco/lite warrior mix. I cant believe it, but ive actualy had to flip my rockwool on week 2 as compared to week 4 or 5 on the old mix (after transplant from plugs). I feel they arent vegging enough in 2 weeks, and honestly the stalks seem to be a good bit thinner than with my old mix. Im running pure blend, karma, calmag, hygrozyme, dimand nector, dynateck proteck, b-52, sm-90. is this too much for rockwool? cause it worked awesome with my last soil, but i just cant figure out what to do to either slow down the veg growth or thicken up my stalks. any help appreciated. thanks

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

Rockwool has a very tight weave which limits the available room and restricts root development. It's also possible that your lights are degrading and the more limited luminosity is having a negative effect on the garden. Proper airflow is also essential to stalk development, as is providing full spectrum lighting.

hiboy

hiboy

i've rocked rw for a long time, maybe u should top your plants and get them to bush out. I use hygrozyme, roots excel, b52, sensi a and b, carboload, big bud, and protek silicate. Throw in some superthrive for veg/
Ph should be 6. Ppm around 1000

h

Latest posts

Top Bottom