Rockwool to Hydro DWC - time to move?

• Thread starter ispy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

started to do maintenance. PH up, PPM down, water down. I also noticed the roots have taken on a yellow color. is that normal or should i fear root rot here? just added more distilled water and hydroguard while i begin to lst.
So the higher your ppms, the greater chance of you tinting your roots. I would just rub them and see if they are slimy. If they are, then yea. .gottaa treat it like its root rot. Mine always tint a bit as the grow goes on.

I

ispy

So the higher your ppms, the greater chance of you tinting your roots. I would just rub them and see if they are slimy. If they are, then yea. .gottaa treat it like its root rot. Mine always tint a bit as the grow goes on.
OK thanks. no slime. my ppms were up high for while i was gone.

I

ispy

Depends on size of room. If use 1 plant in a 4x4 i veg for 1.5 months. If i use 4 plants in a 4x4 i veg for 3 weeks. I supercrop them to make them fill it.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

That hlg is rated for a 3x3 so yea. . keep them under that light and you will be fine. I say flip it and idk what your light is at but i would start cranking it up. It helps limit stretch too and since you have a few that are longer than others. . I just think your gonna have fun trying to keep a level canopy.

I

ispy

That hlg is rated for a 3x3 so yea. . keep them under that light and you will be fine. I say flip it and idk what your light is at but i would start cranking it up. It helps limit stretch too and since you have a few that are longer than others. . I just think your gonna have fun trying to keep a level canopy.
yea it is back under the light. pic was just for perspective on spread. when you say flip, are you saying to bloom? and cranking it up, light intensity or height from plant? sorry. and i agree on the canopy issue.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

yea it is back under the light. pic was just for perspective on spread. when you say flip, are you saying to bloom? and cranking it up, light intensity or height from plant? sorry. and i agree on the canopy issue.
Apologies for how I say things. I tend to leave out alot of info. If only I re read and edited this shit. Ill just say, this batch im smoking on is some of my best yet. Fireeeeee . . So yea, flipping means putting them under 12/12 lighting, flipping them to flower. I would turn your lights to 12 on and 12 off now. And yea, id slowly crank it up, until the buds start getting lots of white hairs, then have it on high for like 2 weeks, then slowly back it back down and lower room temps to simulate fall. Honestly when it comes to ppfd im not the guy who grows the best buds, im just the root guy. I can fix most hydro systems but my buds end up funky. I use 1000w in a 4x4 and i run it on full blast for the entire 2 months. . my buds foxtail. So im recommending you not run that light on full blast, but slowly crank it up then down. Thats what im doing now. Here ill get @tobh in here to help you with your lighting and lux. They know more about leds and the spacing your using and what height the led should be from your plant. Im just glad I got you where you only have to focus on stuff up top, like everyone else. I think your hydro issues are over forever, but how do we get those pretty buds @tobh

I

ispy

Apologies for how I say things. I tend to leave out alot of info. If only I re read and edited this shit. Ill just say, this batch im smoking on is some of my best yet. Fireeeeee . . So yea, flipping means putting them under 12/12 lighting, flipping them to flower. I would turn your lights to 12 on and 12 off now. And yea, id slowly crank it up, until the buds start getting lots of white hairs, then have it on high for like 2 weeks, then slowly back it back down and lower room temps to simulate fall. Honestly when it comes to ppfd im not the guy who grows the best buds, im just the root guy. I can fix most hydro systems but my buds end up funky. I use 1000w in a 4x4 and i run it on full blast for the entire 2 months. . my buds foxtail. So im recommending you not run that light on full blast, but slowly crank it up then down. Thats what im doing now. Here ill get @tobh in here to help you with your lighting and lux. They know more about leds and the spacing your using and what height the led should be from your plant. Im just glad I got you where you only have to focus on stuff up top, like everyone else. I think your hydro issues are over forever, but how do we get those pretty buds @tobh
haha thanks, and i get it. i am the same way. now i re-read and edit after i get my thoughts out. quite often i think "wtf was i trying to say" and that is sober. once i hit it, i stop posting serious stuff and just go meme hunting ;). i will wait for others to chime in and thanks for getting me where i am!

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

@Aqua Man @Moe.Red He has a 3x6 with a HLG 250 in half of it and the plants under it. He needs to flip to 12/12, how far from canopy should that light be and at what %. Should he dial it up and back down, run it full blast. .what temps should he shoot for for the weeks? How do you bring that color out at the end? I think he has the lux meter only atm.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Need a ppfd ot luxvalues to work with.

My beat guess under 12/12 would be about 24-30” at max intensity. Id start at 30 and slowly work from there

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You may need to back up more after that but pics taken halfway through the light cycle and end if day will give us a look to see how they are handling it

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

OK set at 24". What kind of response would I expect? Just reaching up?
You want the top 2-3 nodes of leaves with a slight V shape but not pointing up to much. Its hard to explain so as you post pics we can help you until you understand.

Top Bottom