Rockwool to Hydro DWC - time to move?

• Thread starter ispy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

🤣🤣🤣 - i just perused your "cocky grow post". quite impressive.
My average is about 8oz of popcorn under 1000w after 2 months in a 4x4. Everyone told me its was too much light. Like I can grow big plants but most of the time its so leafy it takes an hour to trim an oz. Im sitting here now trimming and its so annoying. Im finaly listening to everyone and running it 750w. Im thinking the heat and light intensity was causing the small buds to finish to fast instead of bulking up. I should be getting 3x as much. Overall its a success for how much it costs me to produce an oz but still annoyed my shit foxtails.

Lol sorry im irritated atm. Took me 20 min to trim an 1/8th lol and it looks like ass. So steamy. . but luckly its fire. Like a bowl of it lasts me longer than my other strains. Thats the part I cant comprehend.

I

ispy

My average is about 8oz of popcorn under 1000w after 2 months in a 4x4. Everyone told me its was too much light. Like I can grow big plants but most of the time its so leafy it takes an hour to trim an oz. Im sitting here now trimming and its so annoying. Im finaly listening to everyone and running it 750w. Im thinking the heat and light intensity was causing the small buds to finish to fast instead of bulking up. I should be getting 3x as much. Overall its a success for how much it costs me to produce an oz but still annoyed my shit foxtails.

Lol sorry im irritated atm. Took me 20 min to trim an 1/8th lol and it looks like ass. So steamy. . but luckly its fire. Like a bowl of it lasts me longer than my other strains. Thats the part I cant comprehend.
ha i hear ya. looks good to me. good for me is i only need a couple of tokes and i am out. wife does a 1/2 teaspoon of oil a night to sleep so it lasts us a LONG time. now the wildcard is my adult daughter... i want to supply us with enough to not have to spend $$$ on it. an oz can last me months. yours still impresses me!

I

ispy

You may need to back up more after that but pics taken halfway through the light cycle and end if day will give us a look to see how they are handling it
well i fell asleep last night and forgot. let me ask - is this pic good enough or do you need them closer up? i can adjust - trying to create a fool proof, repeatable method to get pics so i thought i'd try this camera on my camera system. if not, let me know and i will do it the old way. these are crappy cameras - did not want to go too big on them.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

well i fell asleep last night and forgot. let me ask - is this pic good enough or do you need them closer up? i can adjust - trying to create a fool proof, repeatable method to get pics so i thought i'd try this camera on my camera system. if not, let me know and i will do it the old way. these are crappy cameras - did not want to go too big on them.
View attachment 1271847
View attachment 1271858
Back up 2 more inches out and we will see tomorrow but getting close it looks like.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

damaged edges? i believe you, i just don't see it lol.
The spikey serrations show a bit of damage in some areas… you may see some scorching along them in the coming week… maybe not but if you do its old damage and not to worry

I

ispy

The spikey serrations show a bit of damage in some areas… you may see some scorching along them in the coming week… maybe not but if you do its old damage and not to worry
ah OK. so just continue on as it is? i would like to get my bigger reservoir up and going this weekend and move it out of these buckets. i picked up the netpot today and the root system was good. i need to change water so i thought it would be a good time to move it so i don't have to mess with it as much.

on a side note, i read your root rot post and ordered the bacteria. my little one continues to get slime and i have done all the light suggestions from @Cashmeh gave me. someone else suggested water temp but i see your post said that is not the real factor. mine is about 77 - water. i won't put these together in the same system since it is young and keeps sliming but i want to try and save it. plant looks good from what i see but slime just keeps coming. after 1st bout on bigger one it has been fine.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

ah OK. so just continue on as it is? i would like to get my bigger reservoir up and going this weekend and move it out of these buckets. i picked up the netpot today and the root system was good. i need to change water so i thought it would be a good time to move it so i don't have to mess with it as much.

on a side note, i read your root rot post and ordered the bacteria. my little one continues to get slime and i have done all the light suggestions from @Cashmeh gave me. someone else suggested water temp but i see your post said that is not the real factor. mine is about 77 - water. i won't put these together in the same system since it is young and keeps sliming but i want to try and save it. plant looks good from what i see but slime just keeps coming. after 1st bout on bigger one it has been fine.
Yeah just treat it for the whole 4 days like the post. If needed longer

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Also get them res temps down. 77 is way too high. for you just starting, 72 or 73 max. 2 things you can do, wrap the buckets in towels to insulate them from the heat. You can also put your airpump in a cooler area so that it cools the res water. So we focused on light leaks but the high temp is also just as big of an issue.

I

ispy

Also get them res temps down. 77 is way too high. for you just starting, 72 or 73 max. 2 things you can do, wrap the buckets in towels to insulate them from the heat. You can also put your airpump in a cooler area so that it cools the res water. So we focused on light leaks but the high temp is also just as big of an issue.
got it. my hope is to 1 - cool it down with reservoir on far side of closet or 2 - put it (reservoir) outside my closet or 3 - get a chiller. #3 is $$ but it may be easier than getting approval to do a 3" and 1" hole through the wall. having said all that, since the big plant is almost ready to flower i will have to move this one somewhere else since i have no way to handle two cycles at the same time. probably move it into office and set up a temp space. just need to find another light that won't burn my retina ;). i considered a tent but even that is a bit much in my office. once i get past these two i will run 2 together. i was struggling in the beginning so i was trying anything to get em to stick.

thinking i may try autoflowers next time for timing and size since i am limited in space i can use. i read they are just as good just smaller and faster with pre-determined schedule - somewhat.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

got it. my hope is to 1 - cool it down with reservoir on far side of closet or 2 - put it (reservoir) outside my closet or 3 - get a chiller. #3 is $$ but it may be easier than getting approval to do a 3" and 1" hole through the wall. having said all that, since the big plant is almost ready to flower i will have to move this one somewhere else since i have no way to handle two cycles at the same time. probably move it into office and set up a temp space. just need to find another light that won't burn my retina ;). i considered a tent but even that is a bit much in my office. once i get past these two i will run 2 together. i was struggling in the beginning so i was trying anything to get em to stick.

thinking i may try autoflowers next time for timing and size since i am limited in space i can use. i read they are just as good just smaller and faster with pre-determined schedule - somewhat.
Hate to break it to you, but the bad good news is, your in hydro. .all you will grow are trees. So if your goal is smaller, just flip it at like 2 weeks or 3 weeks. You can also hack away on it as you please before it flowers. My plants do exactly what I tell them to do. I can veg a plant for 3 months if I wanted, cut half the roots of, and half the branches off, and it will still grow fire weed. Hydro man. . gotta love it

I

ispy

mid day
Hate to break it to you, but the bad good news is, your in hydro. .all you will grow are trees. So if your goal is smaller, just flip it at like 2 weeks or 3 weeks. You can also hack away on it as you please before it flowers. My plants do exactly what I tell them to do. I can veg a plant for 3 months if I wanted, cut half the roots of, and half the branches off, and it will still grow fire weed. Hydro man. . gotta love it
IMG 5824

IMG 5825

I

ispy

@Aqua Man / @Cashmeh, sorry but I lost track where I should be here. It was discussed a possible flip but I have not yet. Keep going as is or flip soon? Thanks for your help! Also, flip or no, prune any?

5389DEB7 AF8E 4DA4 9945 D8DE9143325C
6E3D303C 9CD2 4E04 8931 5010DA892E98
8C2C4158 2943 48A5 83E1 B89737CD7D4F
C618B060 4E9B 4C9E BD94 C7962395CA7F
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man / @Cashmeh, sorry but I lost track where I should be here. It was discussed a possible flip but I have not yet. Keep going as is or flip soon? Thanks for your help! Also, flip or no, prune any?
Imo id defoliate a bit then flip in 2 days if your looking to flip. Better to soon than to late

Top Bottom