Rockwool when to transfer them ?

• Thread starter Hayin_
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hayin_

So I planted seeds in Rockwool it’s my first time working with it as well as building my first hydroponic/dwc and their first feeding is today they are officially a week old and am wondering should they be transferred into the hydroponic for their first batch of nutrients. Or how long can they stay in the rockwool?

Rockwool when to transfer them
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

keep the rockwool wet and dont let it dry right out

i would wait until you have two nodes - they can stay in the rockwool for a while

H

Hayin_

keep the rockwool wet and dont let it dry right out

i would wait until you have two nodes - they can stay in the rockwool for a while
Okay so should I skip out on their first weeks feeding until they are transferred? If not how should they be fed ?

chemistry

chemistry

If your going DWC, I would put the seedlings in their final pot now, as I like the tap root to hit the water in my buckets as soon as possible, or they will just spiral round the pot before finding their way out. 👍

C

chronic2

I would not pull the pad apart to separate the plant root system already interwoven in the wool. I would pull the pad and let the roots grow out of the wool. It's going to have an initial shock if the roots are 'finding their way out' to begin with. I'd hydro it as soon as possible, if not cover the wool in soil where it has room to grow outside all nat-you-real.

Signed,
Limp Leaves on the transfer

H

Hayin_

Same strain planted same time given the same nutrients doing completely different than one another

9F81BDBB 64D6 40B3 859A 99F19DDA0BE7
3A97E7A8 B7A0 40F0 927D C5EF0A4E278E
Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
BINGO!! @chemistry called it!! However, you should note that the ph and the ec of rockwool changes

H

Hayin_

how can you be confused when you've already done it?
Im confused because I’m not understanding your response that’s why. I asked about concerns of the plants being to different colors and growing at different rates. And your response didn’t fit the question .

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
she is going throug sieries of problems, but having her in the pot will help to fix these little issues. get your rez to 0.2 ec with ph of 5.5 and than give her that water everyday until roots hit the water line. However, I wouldn't start the seed from rockwool if im going dwc. wet paper towel to root and then put it in the pibbles with roots facing down but thats me and everyone has their own methods

Top Bottom