rockwool

• Thread starter redeyechiller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

redeyechiller

Guru's
How can i get rid of that white build up of whatever it is on the rockwool cubes that I have in the veg. room??? Is it salt build-up, mold...????? HELP!

R.E.C.

R

Rolln J

was it green first and then it went white? you top dripping or flooding?

It could be algae thats died becasue the tops of the cubes dont stay wet - any pix?

R

redeyechiller

thanks

was it green first and then it went white? you top dripping or flooding?

It could be algae thats died becasue the tops of the cubes dont stay wet - any pix?

thanks, yes it was green but now white its waiting to flower, room being occupied ya know. Im top dripping no drippers, freeflow.

r.e.c.

R

Rolln J

it happens - rockwool gets ugly if enough light gets to it and then sometimes the algae dies and the tops of the cubes look all crusty...

F

FOUR20

ive heard covereing the tops helps to prevent it but it also doesnt allow the RW to properly vent and drain....tru?

F

FOUR20

also, im having the same problem on all my 6'x6' RW cubes =(

N

nononsense

Guru's
How can i get rid of that white build up of whatever it is on the rockwool cubes that I have in the veg. room??? Is it salt build-up, mold...????? HELP!

R.E.C.
get some h2o2 a company named nutrilife has some made just for plants. it will kill the mold on your cubes. that mold on your cubes are fighting your plants for the nutrients you feed. gnats love to lay their larve inside the cubes because the larve feed off of the mold. peace

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

cover the top of rockwool w coco they sell lil coco matts that lay ontop of the RW there like5 bucks

F

FOUR20

oi! ill b sure to do so juss picked up a few rolls of cocomatt =) ( pain in the ass to cut tho! )

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

ya it is I cover my hydroton with it I also have pots with RW croutons that I cover also. Works great and everything breaths still. I don`t use RW blocks but I read somewhere here that if you put some holes in the RW blocks. Helps with the water retention and allows more air. If I was ever going to use RW blocks I would for sure do this.Damn RW stays so damn soggy.

F

FOUR20

mannnnnn i cant do that now! the RW cubes are FULL OF ROOTS NOW !!! XD XD XD

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

makes total sense though right? I would forsure do this next time especially if your use the bigger RW blocks. Use like a shiska bob stick. I might run a few hugo blocks next year and how that works. The big hugo blocks straight on the tray is so clean I like how clean it is. But I really like my hydroton.

S

smokedog808

mold

I am having the same problem with the mold and it's just the way rockwool is I guess but sprinkling diatomacious earth will alleviate the gnats...works in soil and is doing fine on the rockwool that I have. I will go ahead and try that h202 as well

F

FOUR20

hmm ya i may go down ther an scrape some of the top layer off with a razor, hopefully the roots arent too close to the toppp of the cube, i see the mostly shooting out the bottom =P =P

F

FOUR20

hmmm nah but asthetically it juss looks gross =( idk ihavent done it yet, no light is getting to them any mmore ( :D:D:D:D ) but haha idk we'll c

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

well thats it than. Next time you will be prepared. Good Luck
T

Latest posts

Top Bottom