Rockwool?

• Thread starter HookedonPonics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

whats up farmers i am running a top feed system and usually am a coco coir and perlite man to the fullest but recently was given a 160 eight by eight inch rockwool cubes for free and figured id give them a try instead of letting them rot away in a garage somewhere, like i said im running top feed under 1k bulbs. so from what i hear and have read on these forums is that rockwool has a big problem with root rot and actually can turn into rockmush if overwatered too much. so to the point already i was wondering how often should i set my timer to feed them during veg and during flower i was thinking 2 times a day for veg and 3 for flower, any extra pointers with rockwool would be greatly appreciated. thanks yall :bongsmi:

hiboy

hiboy

I run 2 6x6 cubes stacked on top of one another. I have a double tap drip line that has run for 2 minutes twice a day, spaced 12 hrs apart. I would also use root excelurator and hygrozyme.
hiboy

St3ve

St3ve

I've used the 6" hugo blocks for a long time in a flood tray with nothing else. I'd flood for 12 min, 4 times during lights on for flower and veg. Nothing more than Lucas formula and never pulled less than 1.5# per 1k light.

Often times the roots get green and rotty that are hanging outside of the cube, but honestly it never hurt the plant any.

Top Bottom