Rocky Mountain Dream....

• Thread starter true grit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

Talk about beer.. I sure miss my Odell's Levity and 90'shilling even 5 barrell...
Not only does the Rockies have good smoke but they killin the beer scene aswell..

true grit

true grit

Yeah Alt, time for me to add some AC to the room to. Starting to hit 80 with lights on. I really need to toss in a little AC, then add a humidifier to get outta the freakin 30% rh range and up a bit, killin my transpiration. But once I can get rid of an outside intake, the dry air shouldn't be as bad.

Funny, Shiner was brewed like an hour from my old spot. We drank that shit all the time. If you want great great shiner try the Hef, they sometime do a Peach brew during summer, and their holiday ales are freakin amazing- Pumpkin spice, holiday cheer, and they have a new one called Smokehouse, really smoky great for grillin out and chillin...lets plan on some BBQ's coming up Alt, weather is already gorgeous....

sky high

sky high

I remember Shiner Bock from my beer drinking days. It wasn't available all the time in my area (KC) but we always bought it when we could find it.

FWIW, tg....I ran a humidifier this run...kept things about 50%-60% most of the grow.
This was my first runwith the BB..so I can't really say if I benefitted from it (sure wasn't any larger of a harvest, FWTW)...but I will say that I saw more weirdness...maybe a light hit of PM on the leaves.... oor maybe it's a calcium residue from the humidifier itself tossin shit into the air...i dunno.... but for me/my intents here... I'm scrapping the bitch and going back to that DRY Rocky mountain air where i have ne fear of PM and the crystals form >>>>>>>en masse<<<<<<< !!!!!

Never had to go with an A/C up here..... but then again I'm running more light than ever before... so dunnoo. Thinknig about a Hella attic fan @ this point right in the ceiling of the room...LOL...

BB-Q's....and um.... some >>smoky<< campouts seem in order for the summer....hhuh?
I have access to a campground in a private HOA near Leadville that would be a great place to amass @ some point. (we had a similar gathering of folks from another list (TCC) a few years ago that was a smokin' fun time)

ya mon

s h

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

HELL YES. I'm down for a bbq/campout/whatever!! How busy is that HOA around Memorial day, Sky High? Also still planning on Aspen over the 17-18th. Anyone else planning to go?

true grit

true grit

Yep, I'm rolling for sure...I'll shoot you, SH, and CBF a pm here shortly and we'll see who wants to go and camp out.... I'm totally down for a bbq. Got a grill to take out if anybody has a truck to pick it up!! lol. We can smoke some RMD!! I'm from Texas so I'm a natural born griller.

true grit

true grit

You got a room at my house when you're ready to come visit broham, no doubt bro! Need to come visit and then bring your ass up for good!!! Start us up a new Brotherhood of Etenral Love!! lol.

Pulled the sati pheno at 8 wks today... pics will be up in a bit! Indi is gonna push the full 10...

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

Damn Im gona have pack the ride and call
a road trip!! lol.. I sho miss the Rado!!

true grit

true grit

Sati Pre-Chop Shots...

King Kong- No doubt bro...road trip it homie!

So here we are with the sati... will post the pics in the photography forum too... talk about trichs....

DSCN0209.JPG
DSCN0217.JPG
DSCN0222.JPG
DSCN0211.JPG
DSCN0220.JPG
DSCN0216.JPG

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

It kills me that the yield is low, but man those are going to be fire. I'm going to give a clone a DWC home and now I have CO2 set up. Let's see if that doesn't increase the yield! This bbq could turn into another Woodstock if we plan it right...LOL.

LeroyBrown

LeroyBrown

Yep, I'm rolling for sure...I'll shoot you, SH, and CBF a pm here shortly and we'll see who wants to go and camp out.... I'm totally down for a bbq. Got a grill to take out if anybody has a truck to pick it up!! lol. We can smoke some RMD!! I'm from Texas so I'm a natural born griller.

z71 lifted 9" sittin on 37"s.... Wanna go play ?

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

z71 lifted 9" sittin on 37"s.... Wanna go play ?

I got a dune buggy with 31's and a turbo that goes just about anywhere in CO.

Altitude, I noticed when I put some of my sativas in DWC that it sped up the flowering time by almost a week, increased the yield, and shortened the internodes (not as much stretch). Not all sativas like the DWC for some reason, but the ones that do are a pleasure to run. They usually like a lighter fert mix than their indica counterparts.

I'll smoke a beef shoulder. My buddy makes the best ribs, boiled in beer and coke and then smoked. "the barbecue bible" by steve raichlen is quite the book. I need to get a new copy, my old one wore out!

Gotta try the oak aged yeti imperial stout from great divide. Talk about phenomenal colorado beer, it scored a frekin 100 in it's rating!

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

The yeti is robust, to say the least. Good stuff! Nice tip on the sativas- I only have run a few dwc buckets, and they were all AK. That strain loves to grow, period. give 'er a crack in the sidewalk and she'll survive... haha .
Anybody want to try and shoot for a May cookout? I'll PM SkyHigh and see about the campground, and when it would be available. Maybe 3rd weekend, Sat and Sun (or Fri/Sat). I'm flexible. I'd be willing to stake a small fortune that we'd have the best smelling campsite in CO, between the bbq and the doja...

true grit

true grit

I'm all for it!!!

Leroy- Shit sounds like we could BBQ while driving up the mountain face, good deal. lol.

Sputnik- hope to see your ass out too! Beef shoulder sounds dope. Ribs sound along the lines of mine, I do a Dr. pepper simmer and reduced dr.pepper honey glaze on my ribs. My homie is a chef, said to bake em in the dp before I grill em and they will be fall off teh bone dankness. I'll have to try the great divide ish... been drinkin some Ft. Collin's Brew co Choco Stout this week...nice. NewBelgium has a nice Honey Wheat if ya like light sweet beers.

Alt- Yeah May sounds good fa sho. Don't think I'm goin anywhere! ha.

sky high

sky high

Yo bros!

I sent altitude a PM back about the campground. It's lightly used...and there are even bathrooms and showers and cook facilities like an oven and shit...but it's up by Head...'er...a..Leadville and is "seasonal' in it's usage. Gonna have to check and see WHEN things open up there. Costs are minimal cus we own property there....FWIW. Things usually open up "snow' wise May 1..... but I'm not sure when they get the bathrooms and lodge fired up/etc for the Summer. FYI....there's tent camping...electric hook ups..and rustic/bring yer-own-bedding cabin rentals "for guests' of members. Campin is like $3-4....electric hoookup $7....cabins around/less than $50.....

alll private. We could see the po-po comin' >>IF<<< they ever came up there at all..LOL
not sure WHY we pay taxes..but that's another story fo' another day...LOL.

There's also a buncha nice spots we've used for a similar smoke out....er..BBQ.... over by Twin lakes that's in the NF. It's a 'bear shits in the woods" or a small drive to the crapper affair....but other than that it too would be a great place to amass and we've smoked it up there before w/no problems....

whatever...huh? Let's just fookin do it. I'll check and let you knowq what I hear and we'll go from 'der....mon!

s h

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Sky High is on the case, fellas. We just have to finger out when.

sky high

sky high

Ok..here's the gig....

The HOA is tackling some septic probs on the sytem that serves the c-grounds and lodge. Since there's still a good foot or so of snow on the ground no work has transpired since Fall. They HOPE to get in there in the next week or so and start digging... but I know how this kinda >shit< goes in PODUNK....

they tentaively hope to have things operational May 15 or earlier....

So if we're gonna target the weekend of May 21....we may want to go ahead and plan to amass @ the NF campspots near Twin Lakes. (on google Earth they are just to the North of the lake/power generation station and up the mountainside a bit...) Kick ass views...the campspots sit on the Eastern saddle of Mt. Elbert...the highest peak in the state...

Then....>>IF<< the possibilities @ the HOA c-ground open up we can decide if we want to change venues/etc. However, this way we can target/plan the weekend/the location/general area and folks can then decide if they want to make the trek from wherever it is they hail from...

unless that is...someone else has a campspot closer to the FR (the majority of ya will be coming up the hill, i suspect) we can do that instead.

I personally don't care.... I just think it's time that we put some faces with some names and break >>>mass bud<<< together.

"friends around the campfire, and everybody's high, high HIGGHHHHHHHHHHH"

I'll start a new thread and not trash up tg's thread further...

s h

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

That sounds great! I like the western slope idea, honestly. I've been everywhere in the front range...twice. I'll roll with the flow, though. It's not like we won't have another weekend or two this summer to hit up several spots! Ha ha- I'm all good with the target date weekend of the 21st, if everyone else is. Gonna be a great summer, folks!

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I've been toying with some mexican afghani crosses myself. It's finding the correct bag of schwag that has been my problem. Hell, I can't even find schwag anymore. Most of the classic mexican strains have disappeared off of the market thanks to cartels running auto flower strains. I used to get some really nice redhair in TX, nice big tiger stripped seeds, darker green brown color, big dark red orange hairs, very resinous, earthy smell. I would love to cross that stuff (I believe it to be michoaccan) but I can't find it around. I've been eyeing the blackseed from reeferman but I doesn't sound like a redhair. I got the accidental haze (reef) thats half redhair half red columbian to work with, along with the eldorado from nirvana. The closest description to the schwag in question was some rooi baard (african red beard/red hair) from afropips and it looks like I got the last pack from the attitude. I've ordered some of my old favorite afghani from jordan of the isles to find a grape pheno afghani kush type to start some new breeding projects with. I think the afghani mexi cross is as solid as you can breed a plant and it works very well in CO. You can even do it outdoor in Denver if you get lucky. Ours went untill october 18th year before last thanks to no early snow. It would absoloutely work great in a greenhouse. It's great to see you guys doing similar things in our own CO back yard. That cross looks great. Keep up the good work! That's no pipe weed, you need a fat doobie to truly enjoy that kind of herb!

Oh, I also found the "shit" from Mr. Nice. and the Mikado. Yay for CO breeders! :party0045:

oh yea, you CO folks let me know if you want pollen from some of this. I do my own pollen collection at my house and freeze it. If you guys need some pollen from something specific PM me and I'll see if I have it around. I'm a ho for any red sativa so I probably have that around or it will be around. Gotta kick this PM first. I'm gonna set up a glove box and do a tissue culture so I don't loose any genetics. Fuck PM! I'll show PM who to fuck with!

That's a reeferman supreme hashplant male in the pic. That's pollen on the leaves, not PM.

Weed 001

Latest posts

Top Bottom