RODNEY KING DEAD AT 49

• Thread starter fishwhistle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cort

Cort

If he would not have ran and didnt resist he would have just gotten a ticket.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
If he would not have ran and didnt resist he would have just gotten a ticket.

Maybe.... but come on the cops beat the shit out of folks all the time for way less.....

true grit

true grit

Sorry DWB, whether he was a good human or not there was something caught on videotape that changed the situation/future for people vs. LEO forever. Fuck the police and everything they get away with. The riots were something that were necessary to open the LEO and peoples eyes.

Who cares if you run from the cops high on drugs and yell at them- they have these things called procedures which they could have followed but instead decided to tee off (cuz from what Ive been thru they say fuck procedue regularly)...and guess what that aint anything new. Then to let em off? for what? Fuck them, Im glad the LA Riots happened and changed peoples view of cops and limit the amount of abuse people will take from their corruption.

And yeah city/people paid for it, but I'd rather see money going to proving a point than everything else tax dollars and corrupt municipalities put it towards.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

I hear ya.....but I've seen tons of cop abuse videos, honestly far more than in the past......and for one reason camera phones little cheap camera/video devices. It's made it far more easy to hold people accountable. It's the #1 thing people from censored countrys have jumped on. It falls in line with libertarian views society can work its problems out but it just can't be rushed or the outcome is a riot that caused as mucch damage as a hurricane and laws that reflect an opinion and feeling that come from fresh intense feelings not thought out rational thoughts. I don't condone cops fucking someone up cause they can and get away with hell no. But i still don't think for a darn second that Rodney king was another MLK maybe a Malcolm x but that's a whole nother argument.

Cops might be fucked but id rather them tackle some dumbass high on pcp fucking beating some womans ass or robbing a store or running into a packed building......no i take that back If any of that happened too me personally because of him he'd wish lapd was wooping his ass cause I'd be far more harsh...pop pop pop...

I just think we could find someone better than a dead junky lifelong criminal to make the face for hating cops......cause shit this dude was a piece o crap.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Rodney King was no angel- but he didn't ask to be the nation's lightning rod for distrust of authority, either. He had his demons- all those here who don't have any of those, you can fuck off now, cuz you're lyin'! His life, even his very name had become a cliche; 'don't go all Rodney King on him!' I can't imagine...

Cops do bad things. Not exactly a revelation. Rodney King- just the most likely sort of poor bastard who got caught in the national media crossfire.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Rodney King was no angel- but he didn't ask to be the nation's lightning rod for distrust of authority, either. He had his demons- all those here who don't have any of those, you can fuck off now, cuz you're lyin'! His life, even his very name had become a cliche; 'don't go all Rodney King on him!' I can't imagine...

Cops do bad things. Not exactly a revelation. Rodney King- just the most likely sort of poor bastard who got caught in the national media crossfire.

Um too drunk and fucked on shrooms too comment.....

V

vierundzwanzig

great points brought up all around

some of you see that the nature and timing of this is old/odd/funny.

its sad that no one wants to agree that this was/is our history on repeat.

the names have been changed to protect the innocent you are now entering the twilight era/zone.

rodney king might not have been born king. I read a joke and thought rodney dangerfield no respect I tell ya
reginald denny got out of an 18 wheeler at a stop light. excuse me but beep beep
mi rolling over this chaos to ensure my safety and if i don't make it at least i eliminate some madness.

we don't see past the color so the name is irrelevant.
give that to the spin doctors and they tell us what ever it is we want them to tell us.

that's why/how people support zimmerman now. its a sense of retribution and revolt.
the media tells everybody the same story from differing perspectives and you have to choose a color.
just like legal weed why would you want legal weed when it leads to bath salts?

food for thought or points to ponder

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Bingo it was the media.....I guess one of those guys at the top thought hey there isn't enough racial tension let's release this tape to the masses......same with zimmerman.......I can't wait to see that guy hang himself.....cause if he ever makes it too prison he's Gunna be some crip gangsters punk....

V

vierundzwanzig

crip used to stand for Community Revolution In Progress
just like taking lemons and making lemonade in reverse

ttystikk

ttystikk

Bingo it was the media.....I guess one of those guys at the top thought hey there isn't enough racial tension let's release this tape to the masses......same with zimmerman.......I can't wait to see that guy hang himself.....cause if he ever makes it too prison he's Gunna be some crip gangsters punk....

You give them too much credit; there was no cigar chomping 'Big Boss' behind the scenes directing the media. The pathetic truth is that the media are more than willing to do it all by themselves, just to get a ratings bump. In this country, our media aren't treated with the same jaundiced and critical eye as other parts of the world; here, the media actually style themselves as journalistic professionals, separate from and certainly above any tawdry taking of sides, or shading the facts.

...Which of course is complete out and out bullshit. Most people go into journalism with the idea of influencing other poeple's thoughts, opinions, actions and especially votes! The large pure news gathering organisations are all but a figment of the past, replaced by 5 giants who make no apologies for filtering the information they disseminate. Yet, we're expected to trust them to be objective? It's sad when jerky cell-phone video now has more credibility than a carefully produced documentary.

nebulius

nebulius

FUCK THE POLICE! theyre cheating, lying, trigger happy pieces of shit. sure there are some good ones but i dont trust any! My friend was murdered on video by a BART cop. the son of a bitch got 2 years in jail?? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BART_Police_shooting_of_Oscar_Grant
Wow, I just read wikipedia and saw the video. Scary shit. Just shows any encounter with the police can end up deadly.
I've heard of other stories like this were police are raiding a house AK's drawn, safety off, hand on trigger, running through the house adrenaline pumping..........pop..............oops......suspect dead.
Like my father always taught me, don't aim at anything you don't intend to kill.

Sorry he was your bro Cheese.

K

kolah

Sometimes peoples views change when it's you or someone you know that become innocent victims at the hands of "cops gone wild." It often seems to happen to the "other guy" but when it hits home, reality slaps you in the face.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

Wow, I just read wikipedia and saw the video. Scary shit. Just shows any encounter with the police can end up deadly.
I've heard of other stories like this were police are raiding a house AK's drawn, safety off, hand on trigger, running through the house adrenaline pumping..........pop..............oops......suspect dead.
Like my father always taught me, don't aim at anything you don't intend to kill.

Sorry he was your bro Cheese.

its a damn shame that it happend the way it did. theres a lot of side stories not included in the wikipedia but it doesnt matter cuz none of them bring him back. thanks neb!

Cort

Cort

LOL at Cops gone wild.

No fan of the badge, but my life, liberty and property are more at risk from guys like Rodney than cops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom