Rolling Benches

• Thread starter cannapits
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
Hello Farm family. Ive been looking into ideas for when my state goes medical and after seeing a video posted on here of Tweed's grow facility I began to wonder why more large scale indoor grows didnt use these benches. I know these can be a little pricey around 1200 bucks for a 6 x 40 ft bench. In my opinion the added grow space you get and still have the room to walk in to work when needed seems worth the money. wood benches warp and wont last and this just seems smart to me to get the most space out of your rooms. Thats a whole row added for plants that otherwise would just be dedicated work aisles.

Heres a few pics if your not familiar with what Im talking about.

Benches rolling 2
Steel rolling diag 650
Rolling bench 2
Benches1

Now let me give a quick thought on how I'm thinking of using them. My goal is for a 10ooo sqf facility. I'm not sure of the exact size of the flower rooms yet but im thinking 40 something x 25 each. Now before I was looking into using 21 e paps over 3 rows. with these benches I could go 4 rows with 28 e paps a room. granted the size of the width of the rolling bench used would change but either way you look at it i am gaining more space for plants.

one of the issues I see is having to make custom trays for drainage to cover the width used. Plan is to go coco dtw so that shouldn't be so bad. Id like to have the option to run a top drip feed at some point but I think all that can be managed. .

I guess my question is for any large scale growers. any draw backs to using something like this? any problems or concerns Im not seeing? Im open to all feed back. as of right now im just in the planning phase waiting to pull the trigger when the vote goes down. But as with all my 20 plus years growing this plant I like to put a lot of thought into my plans and bounce the ideas of like minded people. Im not a know it all but I did stay at a Holiday inn express last night , lol. This is a discussion about design ideas or maybe concerns. Not a debate if I can pull this off.

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

you could just line the tables with plywood and then cover it with poly...or just get pond liner and cover the table in it...

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
you could just line the tables with plywood and then cover it with poly...or just get pond liner and cover the table in it...

yeah making custom trays wont be an issue I think. pretty simple as Im use to working with wood and water proofing things. My stadium design I built it out of wood and used fiberglass resin to seal everything up. I just dont see many using these benches for commercial grows and I wonder if Im missing something. Thanks for stopping by Johnny.

Shamus

Shamus

ive seen it being used quite a few times

they work well and make sense in my experience

good luck with pullin the trigger homie

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
Thanks for the info shamus. to me it just makes sense but figured id ask around. were they using home made trays on them or just using plastic trays fitted best they could?

Shamus

Shamus

homemade rolling trays

ive seen them used both as a starting point for rolling soil beds and also just as flood trays

if not going the bed route id have em be lower but i suppose that doesnt really matter in a commercial operation as far as ceiling height

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
there will be separate room to veg things for the flower rooms. so Im not planning on beds. Thinking 5 gallon pots at most with coco. still would have to wait for regulations to see how many I can run and how long ill have to veg. but general plan is 5 gallon pots.

as for height the building plans call for a 16 ft clearance at eves and slope to 20 ft. think my lowest point would be the steel beams so like 14 ft. dont think height will be an issue. I can have the building higher if needed for a little extra cash. couple grand.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
I guess you could but then the key is making something to catch the runoff as I dont want stuff all over the floor. there will be drainage put into the floors for each room but thats for a worse case scenario. Im worried with something like that could cause a problem with being moved back and forth all the time. Im pretty sure Id just frame out a tray and waterproof it and then throw some poly over it. was told about shower/water heater liner but I havent been able to find it wider than 5 feet. . anyways I think making a tray and adding fittings for drainage would work. then I could just use tubing for drainage. for a drip I was thinking pvc on top of trays running lines to each plant and using tubing to run to the pvc. Not the black tubing but a thicker hose type ive seen used in greenhouses.

Thanks for stopping by Seed Buyer

S

Seed Buyer

Lowes and H. depot have some really think pond liner plastic that comes in giant rolls you cut to length. They are wider than 5 ft. I used it for years to line my floors with as the standard 10ft panda plastic always left overlaps that water spills would find.

Billyboat

Billyboat

I use furniture Dolly's, 2 per 4x8 tray, with 1x4s in the middle to support the middle part of the tray. No fancy wood frames needed. 40 bucks per 4x8 and I can move em all over the room.

I'm setting up a drip system, and I'm using 3/4" water hose plumped to the 1"PVC manifold that way I can slide them around.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
I use furniture Dolly's, 2 per 4x8 tray, with 1x4s in the middle to support the middle part of the tray. No fancy wood frames needed. 40 bucks per 4x8 and I can move em all over the room.

I'm setting up a drip system, and I'm using 3/4" water hose plumped to the 1"PVC manifold that way I can slide them around.

Im a big fan of putting things on castors to move the tables around. loved it in my stadium design. only way to get in to work and keep the girls close to the light.

DSCF3747
DSCF3916
DSCF3969

To be honest I think Having 20 tables on castors to move each around to work just sounds like a pain on this scale. thats like 80 tables to move around. Id rather move a whole row over with just a hand. But thanks for the ideas Billyboat. I always like the suggestions.

Billyboat

Billyboat

I love that stadium!

I totally understand what you mean, and you are right, moving 20 4x8 trays isn't realistic compared to setting up a roller system.

E

el boyo

installing a floor drain if it works in your situation.. won't have to waste money on all them plastic trays.. if drainage is your only concern..

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
Place will be built to my specs. floor drains will be in each room but not looking to have things just drain on the floor. Im a clean op type of guy.

I wont be using plastic trays as they arent wide enough. Im sure ill just frame out a tray and line it or water proof it. Ive made my own table many times before with plywood , 2 x6 and fiberglass resin. thanks for stopping in @el boyo

Top Bottom