Romulan bearing Breeder Steve's seed

• Thread starter fractal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fractal

fractal

Yeah I bet you are like WTF??

Grape romulan, california version (It is impossibir to find the pine romulan down here. But I make the best of what I have and so I pollinated this plant with two blockhead F1 male plants. The likelihood of finding some unbelievably chronic smoke from this hybridization is very hiigh.

I have never seen pistils like this on any other plants, 100% pink pistils in the preflowers and combined with the plastic grape smell coming off the flowers what more proof do you need that this is a wonder plant designed to FUCK you up?

Romulan bearing breeder steves seed
Romulan bearing breeder steves seed 2
R

redroot

nice fractal. dont see many rom crossess about.ive seen and smomed some frosty buds. is different from most weed.nice stuff.

fractal

fractal

The romulan is insanely dank but also has a nasty case of variegation on the leaves which made me not want to clone it. I figure I can soak the seeds in TSP before sprouting to kill any possible viruses.

D

dank.frank

well, well, well...

I am a big Romulan fan...one of those plants that is a bit unique and truly different in its effects...one that can be sorted and remembered through all the different mess of strains out these days.

I agree that you will find some serious dank within this cross...there is no doubt in my mind!

I am sitting here thinking about all I know of these two lines, and I can't really see one plant being overly dominant in this cross. I know that Blockhead often adds its plant structure and growth patterns to its outcrosses...and a bit of a sour twinge. I also know that Romulan females often add their flavor and resin content...often times bud shape and formation...but I have never really seen any sort of over dominance in crosses.

I would imagine as such, that these beans, even for an F1, will be quite consistent. I find this to be an interesting little project you have here...got my mind reeling...hahaha.

Enjoy your seeds...and I agree. I am sure you will find some gems...THAT much is certain.

dank.Frank

fractal

fractal

You're right on frank I had not planned to do this but I figured it would be very worthwhile. The outstanding flavors of both lines combined just has to be explosive. . . To say nothing of the resin potential and of course sheer unadulterated potency.

Things will get really interesting once I harvest and sprout the blockhead f2 and select males from the seeds made with my favorite blockhead female. Then take him and pollinate one of these rom x bh that leans as heavy to romlulan as I can find. As it is, I don't want anyone to assume I am doing this one for anything but my own experimentation although I am sure there will be some sent in for freebies through thcbay.

ps. frank I hit up the 50 day church haze with the same blockhead males. :weed-sign:

GEDC1794
E

Eggman

Hey fractal, I`m into all things ROM. This sounds very interesting so please keep us updated.
Best of luck
Eggman

O

OG4UanME

ive been thinking over and over about a few new mother strains , and romulan is in my top 10. u guys are really making my decision easier, from the sounds of it rom has alotta very unique qualities. im not quite sure yet on who to get it from tho? i know atleast 1 mother will def be from subcool! as of right now im leaning towards spacejill (space queen), wich is rom x c99. from what i read( wich is alot) i know ill find some keepers, im also interested in pandoras box , jillybean, and space tooth. oh what the hey ,id like to try all of his strains! im worried tho, that the space jill is a shitty producer? by the way has any 1 ever ordered from the vibe collection? (from us)?

D

dank.frank

Man, isn't Church Haze your 50 day SSH pheno???

That is going to be SOME DANK!!! HAHAHAHA.

So you are planning on Bx'ing the BH essentially, and using the Rom as your outcross? But you are going to find your father from the BH f2's...and you are going to hit a ROM dom plant from the original Rom x BH....so (Rom x BH) x BHf2....

Sounds like a solid plan...although, IF doing a bx like that, why are you selecting the most romulan dominant plant?? Although, I SUPPOSE it really doesn't matter, seeing how you have BH on lock from the sounds of things, and plenty of beans to play with.

I guess I should tell you....lol...I will be working with a Romulan cross at some point. I have 30 Pre-98 Kali-mist x Federation Romulan beans to search through. I really expect to find something special in those seeds as well....and I kind of expect the Romulan to come through a bit more dominant in the cross...fingers crossed. More so, I think the potential of F2's from that line will be even MORE exciting, as it will be VERY easy to distinguish which parent is being represented....

Exciting stuff you have going on here, Fractal!! I know exactly what you mean about just toying around with things and making some beans...to me, seed is just about always more fun that clones...that whole box of chocolates thing...lol.

dank.Frank

fractal

fractal

You have it, that is the plan because this romulan mom was showing nasty leaf variegation and I absolutely don't want to clone it. Hoping for a romulan carbon copy from this initial crossing.

The f2 generation will hold some great plants and a breeding male or two I am certain. The selection already happened on the fem side of blockhead (prized clone is 1/500 from seed) and so I can get away with a less than perfect selection of original Blockhead male plants and still have excellent quality f2 seeds.

D

dank.frank

so I can get away with a less than perfect selection of original Blockhead male plants and still have excellent quality f2 seeds.

Now, now....we NEVER except sub-par breeders!!

I get what you area saying though...but still, really ought to take the time to say isolate a couple girls and male pairs. I like to run seeds in a 250w cab (I have 4 of these) with a couple clones of the keeper mom and a chosen dad. Keep a different male in each cab, 4 different batches of seeds....then you can test progeny and see what male was the keeper, and toss the rest...

fractal

fractal

Now, now....we NEVER except sub-par breeders!!

I get what you area saying though...but still, really ought to take the time to say isolate a couple girls and male pairs. I like to run seeds in a 250w cab (I have 4 of these) with a couple clones of the keeper mom and a chosen dad. Keep a different male in each cab, 4 different batches of seeds....then you can test progeny and see what male was the keeper, and toss the rest...

Thanks for the input. . . I agree with "ideally" this or that but I work with what I have and don't care about being 'excepted' by anyone. That one highly selected female clone is light years beyond anything else. It's "the one" for modern indicas IMO. Does it for me. Those who know, know that blockhead was a once in a lifetime achievement for B.Steve and the genetics are priceless. . . Ask the jackoff pitbull owner whose dog ate 1/3 blockhead males I had last summer. That fucker paid me $5000 for that plant, I counted every dollar. Priceless.

Still more F1s to grow but I will bet that even with 2 males the seeds from "BH 500" will reliably be showing better than average plants.

I cut the romulan yesterday and it is hang drying now. . . Sure got torn up from a storm but hopefully some viable seed, meaning I hope most of them are dark and mature.

D

dank.frank

Hey buddy...I was just jesting with you....just so you know.

I re-read my post and realize I could have made that a bit more clear in the first line. I hope I didn't offend you. And by sup-par breeders...I wasn't referring to you as an individual, but rather the plants. I know you are just doing this for your personal enjoyment, and really didn't mean to assert that your method or selections were sub-par or inferior...truly my bad.

I think we see eye to eye on the concept of your project, and I honestly never got the chance to try BH...although, I truly hope that plane lands again some day...lol. I completely understand working with what you have in front of you, and there is zero reason that you shouldn't do exactly that. I'm sure when you said, "less than perfect" all you were really saying is the best of what you have...but still the best. I took it exactly as that, and that you simply weren't going to be searching eternally for some male...lol. Truly, those are the hard ones to get a wrap on, which is why I commented about the isolation chambers. Gives me a chance to take a male and really hit a couple different ladies to understand what traits are being passed on in the offspring. We all know the only true test of a male is his offspring...and that takes time...

Like I said, I realize I came off a bit of an ass in that last post now...my apologies. Would love, love, love to see some pics of that Rom when she gets done...and bro, I have my fingers crossed for you on those beans!! Hope they are sprouting tails in 12 hours flat...hehehe!!

dank.Frank

fractal

fractal

No problems frank I didn't take it personal. That third male plant, the one that I had my eye on was the best of the bunch and it got ate by a badly trained, inbred idiot of a pitbull. That kind of messed up my plans in the short term. Now I have to grow out more F1 seeds and sort through more f2 and crosses looking for a block dominant daddy.

I really believe this is where to find a desirable male plant since the daddy was himself selected from thousands of male plants, to become the legend that it is now.

Obviously like I said before these seeds aren't for sale! If I grow them out and the seedlings show any leaf variegation I will burn them all, five or six other female plants are drying that were pollinated by the same two males. SSH, blockhead, phoenix haze, LA pure kush, CD 4 and OG kush.

Top Bottom