Ronnie James Dio from Motarebel

• Thread starter Toker Ace
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Toker Ace

Toker Ace

Hello farmers, I got my seeds going and wanted to post up some pics. This is my first grow with some legit breeder's seeds and I'm stoked.
Picture 030
Picture 031
Picture 032

I'm trying the hempy method with these three. All my other indoor grows were done in bubble buckets. I wanted to try something new and I did not do well indoors with dirt. I popped 2 White Widow x ? from a WW nug(bagseed) a couple weeks before the RJDs and put them in the dixie cups with a hole melted in them about 1 in. from the bottom. I have been using a bottle of Ionic grow that the hydro store was giving away as samples for nutes, mixed 1/2 strength and so far so good. The media is coarse perlite.
Picture 033

This plant is kicking ass so I'm going to veg her a little longer . She is also ready for a bigger pot.
All of the plants have damage from the little grasshoppers but outside is still better. I put the other WW in a bubble bucket an tossed it in the flower room to get it going as it was the smaller of the two.
Anyway this thread will be on the growout of the RJD, then the curing of the RJD, Then...
Thanks Mota! Hey if you read this please advise if these will go outdoors.

Zonkerly

Zonkerly

Nature always gets a little of most grows.I had a bud worm just ate the top off a nice top cola.Good luck with the RJD!!!

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

You will not go wrong growing mota's beans,Good karma from the get go...

Toker Ace

Toker Ace

Here are this weeks pics. The WWs are in the flower room. I'm going to give these a couple weeks more at least. I also need to pop three more beans. I used the Caliclean to keep the leafhoppers at bay. It works for about 4-5 days. Then reapply.

Picture 036
Toker Ace

Toker Ace

It's been a couple weeks since I have updated. 1 plant killed by wind. 2 left
RJD is on the right. She is a stocky girl.

5 31 2012 001
Intense

Intense

Killed by wind? Balls to that. Survival of the fittest I suppose.

Toker Ace

Toker Ace

I've been really lame with updates but here are some pics.
It's RJD in the black flower pot and my outdoor hydro project in the white bucket.
The hydro plant is the best thing I have gotten from popping bag seed.I've run it 10 or 12 times and it produces consistently. She's my girl. My buddies call it slackjaw I call it #3. I recently harvested some Indica bagseed flowers that are outstanding as far as taste, potency, smell, but I need to work on the bag appeal. I am revegging that plant.
The hydro project: Minimalist.
I didn't know how much bullshit the plant would tolerate as far as bucket temp. swings.
Answer: A lot
I have a black bucket inside the white bucket for a little insulation from sun hitting the outside and generally buffer the temp swings at high altitude-low humidity.
I use Grow+bloom at about 1/2 strength 4g/gal tap water left out to dechlor.I have to stay ahead of the water as she uses 2-3 gals /day.
I believe Cap's bennies allow the buckets to survive the few hours /day that they get warm(75+)
The root mass is impressive I'll post some more pics.

7 27 12 002
7 27 12 004
5 31 2012 003
6 15 2012 001
Toker Ace

Toker Ace

Here's Ronnie.
DSCN0140
Roots
DSCN0141
Key holder
DSCN0146
DSCN0145
Pretty pink flowers
DSCN0148
She needs a shave badly.
This year I used a clone from a dying plant(wind again)
This is as far as I have gotten with this strain. Freak bad luck. Not the strain.
She drinks about 5 gals/day of 15G maxi Bloom, 5G epsom salts.
Sometimes I make ACT and spray. I put a couple grams of Caps root powder in some safe water to drizzle on the root crown 1x/week.
She is doing pretty well in the 22 gal tub buried in the ground. water temp stays real stable.
I might have to add heat later in the season.
Thank you Motarebel for the genetics.

DAT

DAT

real nice tree brotha! im a big fan of Ronnie James Dio. Dio would be real proud of that plant. it be cool to go smoke some at his gravesite. I smoked at Jim Morrisions grave in Paris a couple years back and then threw the roach on his grave. peace out, nice journal thanks for coming back.i think ill go listen to some DIo now. keep rockin and rollin brotha!

Top Bottom