Rookie Looking For 10x10 Grow Tent Advice.

• Thread starter Deviiious
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Deviiious

First off,
Thanks for taking the time to read my post,
Starting a 10x10x7 flower tent with 6x 750 gavitas , a mini split air conditioner, (Looking for suggestions on close tent or exausted,also want opinions about only putting 9 plants in and scrogging them)

Then I have a 5x5x7 veg room I plan on putting a 315 in with 12 plants and stretching them out.

I have done lots of reading but would love advice on many things. Veg and flower scheduled, vent layouts, advice on scrogging, and opinoins nutrient companies or organic and why.

Thank you for your help -Deviiious

Rookie looking for 10x10  grow tent advice
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

From my experience you will not get more than 3.5 to 4' square of sufficient light from the 315.

I am sorry I don't have experience with the gavitas but that is a lot of heat inside a tent.

I would air condition the whole room and circulate the air in and out of both tents. In low out high. Hope you have a big ac.

Good luck I would like to see the grow in action when you get going.

W

WyattHerbz

Not the most informed on DE lighting, so hopefully the experts will chime in. There's more factors needed to know first.

I know the 1k gavitas have something like a 6x4 footprint and uses overlapping for light penetration. Wanna say I read 750s footprint was 4x4?? Either way, any reason you want to run 6? I'd go with 4 lights myself. I run 4 1k SE in a 10x10.

How do u want to layout your plants? What medium? On floor with saucers or tables? I run two 4x8 tables pushed against sides leaving a 2ish foot space to work in there. It feels like a foot and it's snug in there. Likely ditching one table soon. Also will have to get creative how to drain runoff as will have to run table lower to ground due to height. I hear contradictory things regarding space between canopy and de lights so look into that.

It's hard to truly seal a tent, but can do it with co2 if you have a dehumidifier. Rh will be up there with lights off. Or...use timers. Co2 on with lights. Once lights are out inline fan on timer to manage humidity.

Scrogs a PIA for me. Hard to get under and defoliate the far plants. Mostly put trellis up to limit stretch. I got 8 foot tall tent and got to drop the table as I'm out of height. Also, 9 plants total or 9. Per light?

D

Deviiious

Ok I meant to write 8 plants. And I am going to just use 4 750w gavita instead of 6. They are each going to be in a sturdy mobile scrog set up like the one I built below. Using soil. And heavy 16 nute line. Had a rough start with powdery mildew that came on the clones we got. Got it under control though.. I will have 4 plants on each side and canopy hugging the wall. And a 2 foot walk way down the center

20170506 192547
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Cpl things

Those de will heat that tent like an oven. And your height is not enough. If the tents 7', minus 2' for hood and canopy distance. Leaves you with 5'. Better grow some short plants of your gonna get light bleaching, and it fluffy buds from high heat.

Co2 may help, but tents leak, and are not air tight, and they do light leak as well.

Where do you plan on mounting the mini split at? In tent, outside tent? If in tent, there will be no room for all your de lights and the m/s. If outside room, do you plant on building a room for your flower tent to keep all the precious a.c. air in a certain area, or are you just plan ing on lettj g the a.c. run all the time? Do it like that, and your m/s won't last too long.

There's a TON of variables to growing. It's not as easy as buying a livht6, popping seeds, watering and harvesting your end result.

Rule of thumb is 4000btu per 1k lighting (not air cooled).

1x315cmh will not be enough for 12 plants. 1x315 (depending on hood) will do a 3.5x3.5sq'

D

Deviiious

20170430 152903
20170506 193748
the a.c. was mounted against the wall and sealed. It is in 10x10 tent which is my flower room. Which has 4 of the 750watt vaginas that are adjustable in watts. Height of a concern so I am building scrogg nets for all my plants ads seen in the picture. If plant high gets to close i will be forced to turn lights watss down but i am hoping to keep that in control and stick with indicas. I have 3 oscilting fans a carbon filter. I temporarily am vegging in this room while I set up the other 2 5x5 veg rooms.

dan1989

dan1989

View attachment 700693 View attachment 700695 the a.c. was mounted against the wall and sealed. It is in 10x10 tent which is my flower room. Which has 4 of the 750watt vaginas that are adjustable in watts. Height of a concern so I am building scrogg nets for all my plants ads seen in the picture. If plant high gets to close i will be forced to turn lights watss down but i am hoping to keep that in control and stick with indicas. I have 3 oscilting fans a carbon filter. I temporarily am vegging in this room while I set up the other 2 5x5 veg rooms.

Vaginas?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

You won't want to turn the lights down. Your yields will.suffer.

You have tour2 tent against the wall, and hung the m/s on the wall and thru the tent? Be careful.of moisture aka mold between the tent and the wall. It happened to me. And sucks trying to clean black mold with 6" of room to work with.

D

Deviiious

You won't want to turn the lights down. Your yields will.suffer.

You have tour2 tent against the wall, and hung the m/s on the wall and thru the tent? Be careful.of moisture aka mold between the tent and the wall. It happened to me. And sucks trying to clean black mold with 6" of room to work with.
Yea we were slightly worried about that we lined it with a bit of plastic liner. Praying for the best

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

I intentionally stayed away from Gavitas because I didn't want to deal with the heating issues that come with them. I'm designing my 4x8 bloom tent with COBs.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I intentionally stayed away from Gavitas because I didn't want to deal with the heating issues that come with them. I'm designing my 4x8 bloom tent with COBs.

Try out the 315cmh. You'll find it a much better light for mj.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Try out the 315cmh. You'll find it a much better light for mj.
I did give a lot of consideration to these. I was actually looking at putting in two 630cmh fixtures but I'm a technology geek and liked the LED versus light bulb thingy. I'm sure both methods work well but LEDs give me a Kola in my shorts.... };-)

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

You do realize cmh technology puts led (uva/uvb), hps, and mh all in 1 bulb with a 20,000hr bulb life. If I didn't think cmh was the way to go, I wouldn't have swapped out my entire grow from hps/mh to all 315 cmh.

My 3 past grows should prove that it's the 600mh/hps killer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom