room bombing for mites

• Thread starter speedracer1508
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

speedracer1508

Hello farmers, my buddy had asked me today a question but I didn't know hoe to answer so I'm gonna ask here and then pass him a answer, so he has a grow and has a problem with mites bad so he asked me if he can bomb the room still and would his plants survive the bombing , and help is very appreciated thx in advance

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

as long as its nothing crazy intense and done at night it shouldnt be a prob
didnt have much luck with bombs myself tho

D

disposition84

Survive or not, I don't think I'd want to smoke anything that has dead bugs and poison in it :(

If his infection is pretty severe he's probably better off just starting over, cleaning out rooms and starting from scratch. Unless you kill all the mites, and the eggs the infection will come back full swing.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

no, control them suckers. if you keep them under control until the last couple weeks it really shouldnt hurt your yeild to much.
use the mites as a learning expierence, if you just trash and start over everytime you have probs, its guna make growing ALOT more stressful.
neem, pryetuium, azamax, sns-217, floramite, and avid are all in my arsenal. i treat based on the severity of the prob.

S

SSHZ

I think there are bombs out there called Doctor Death, or something like that, that use perythium that breaks down very quickly and should pose no problem for smokers. The dead mites, and eggs, though might be a different issue. Probably not a good idea to smoke for people with health problems........

phenotyper

phenotyper

I think there are bombs out there called Doctor Death, or something like that, that use perythium that breaks down very quickly and should pose no problem for smokers. The dead mites, and eggs, though might be a different issue. Probably not a good idea to smoke for people with health problems........

Dr Doom is what you are talking about. A low concentration pyrethrum bomb that works reasonably well. I have used them to knock back aphids and mites. In combination with No Pest Strips, I haven't seen mites since.

S

SSHZ

Your correct, pheno......... I found hitting them twice, a few days apart gave the best results. Since I started Azamax a year or two ago, I've don't ever see bugs anymore.
Prevention is the best medicine....

B

Bezy

You can bomb just as long as ur more then a week away from harvest. make sure everything is off (Lights, A/C, Fans, etc..) and hit it. I actually bomb my room after every grow, you would be surprised at the amount of dead bugs you see pop up after =)
SSHZ has it right, use Azatrol or Azamax, best Mite control/preventors on the market IMO, and yes its about prevention. If ur cheap, dish soap, canolla oil and alcohol are great control/preventer's on the cheap.
Also, heat are mites best friends, the cooler you keep it the longer they take to reproduce and mature.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

How far into flowering is your buddy? You can use Azamax, azatrol, or sns 17 as long as you are not past week 3. Neem oil (the ingredient in the azamax/azatrol) is a tertiary carcinagen when smoked so not a day past week 3. As far as the bombs the organic bombs (Dr.doom) are toxic for about 3 days and the industrial pyrethium bombs (white small bottle with orange and blue writing) are toxic for about 5-6 days. You can bomb up to the last week if needed but honestly none of the above mentioned products will eliminate all mites. Also enviromental controlls help (higher humidity and lower temp). If he is in veg then buy floramite, avid, or forbid (Pick 2) and spray one on all leaves, and the tops of the pots. Wait 3 days and use the other in the same manner. This will eliminate 100% of mites. things to keep in mind:

1) All pesticides should be applied when lights first go off, if using bombs make sure to evacuate all air before lights on because that stuff is phytotoxic.

2) you could drop a nuclear bomb in the room and the mites will survive if your room is not clean because the little fuckers will stash eggs in bits of soil or foliage on the floor ect.

3) If you have more than 40% of the growth damaged kill the plants. Trust me its too late if you are there

4) azatrol/azamax, neem, sns17, organicide, or other horticultural oils will control/prevent but if you alreaddy have an infestation you are shooting a bb gun at a frieght train.

5) iF you are mite free in your grow DO NOT VISIT HIS GROW!!! You can easily bring the little bastards back to your girls.

6) DO not use floramite, avid or forbid if you are in flowering alreaddy. they have a toxic life of 30 days outdoors so you wanna double the toxic life if you are growing indoors to be safe because the toxcicity will not degrade as fast inside.

Goodluck and happy trails!

Top Bottom