Room sized turntable?

• Thread starter 1200Kawboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1200Kawboy

1200Kawboy

I just started growing again. I built a 4’x4’ room and am half way through my Stardawg flowering. I will be using 5 gal fiber bags filled with coco and perlite, growing 3-4 plants, watering by hand 2-3x/day. I have been starting LST, and the next grow I want to try an idea that I have not seen in my on line research.

I want to SCROG my next grow. But it isn’t easy getting to the back of a packed room of weed without bumping, brushing my plants, or moving the front to get back without major leaning, or sneaking and snaking my way through the undergrowth. Here’s my idea.

I bought a 12” steel turntable, AKA a “lazy Susan”, and 4 casters. I am going to make a round “table” about 3’ 10” diameter, to fit my 4’x4’ room. Turn the casters upside down, so the wheels are facing up. Then the table sits on the lazy Susan in the middle, and the wheels support the outside diameter. Then I can spin the table to access each plant, and each plant gets it’s own 24” diameter charcoal grill grate mounted over each plant. This way, each is scrogged individually. Each bag will sit in a heavy dish elevated over another so my runoff drips down to the lower dish. And every plant will be easy to get to, water, and each can be rotated throughout the grow, etc.

Anyone ever seen or tried something along these lines? Or are YOU seeing any obvious problems I don’t?

Thanks in advance, 12K

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
I just started growing again. I built a 4’x4’ room and am half way through my Stardawg flowering. I will be using 5 gal fiber bags filled with coco and perlite, growing 3-4 plants, watering by hand 2-3x/day. I have been starting LST, and the next grow I want to try an idea that I have not seen in my on line research.

I want to SCROG my next grow. But it isn’t easy getting to the back of a packed room of weed without bumping, brushing my plants, or moving the front to get back without major leaning, or sneaking and snaking my way through the undergrowth. Here’s my idea.

I bought a 12” steel turntable, AKA a “lazy Susan”, and 4 casters. I am going to make a round “table” about 3’ 10” diameter, to fit my 4’x4’ room. Turn the casters upside down, so the wheels are facing up. Then the table sits on the lazy Susan in the middle, and the wheels support the outside diameter. Then I can spin the table to access each plant, and each plant gets it’s own 24” diameter charcoal grill grate mounted over each plant. This way, each is scrogged individually. Each bag will sit in a heavy dish elevated over another so my runoff drips down to the lower dish. And every plant will be easy to get to, water, and each can be rotated throughout the grow, etc.

Anyone ever seen or tried something along these lines? Or are YOU seeing any obvious problems I don’t?

Thanks in advance, 12K

Ya gotta hit up Stoneyluv man...He has a baddass turntable setup and it's powered so it spins like a carousel! Easily one of the coolest things I ever seen in a g/room
Here's a link to his grow journal

1200Kawboy

1200Kawboy

Thanks for the link. I thought about powering it, but it would be one more electrical system, thus insuring a problem sooner or later. Just spinning by hand for ease of trimming, tieing down branches, watering, etc. seems fine by me.
And by it being about 3” off the floor, I will be able to allow my run off water to drain by gravity. I LOVE gravity cause it is FREE POWER!
But I have been a big hitter of the Devil’s lettuce for 45 years now, a bit of a pack rat who sees value in other peoples’ “garbage”, a DIY’er myself, and raised in the country. He and I seem to have a similar outlook on life in that respect, and would dig to have him as a neighbor!

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

Check out my setup. I love this idea and being that I’m a union sheet metal worker I can make something like you’re describing at work out of stainless perf or something like that. Mines on the ground because I want the height but thanks for the great idea

Latest posts

Top Bottom