Room Space vs. Canopy Space

• Thread starter aSilvrHaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

Room Space for desired Canopy Space

My plans are to have 2 1k watters over a 4x8 canopy, what would be an ideal room space to have? At first, I was figuring 1.5ft on each side(7ftx11ft room), but after laying it out on the slab, 1.5ft seems like an awfully small space to have as an aisle to walk through. So my next thought was to have 2ft of space between the front of the canopy(along one of the 8ft sides) and the wall and leave 1.5ft for the other 3 sides....

what do you guys think? :passingjoint:

S

spider125

Be easier to understand with a paint drawing or something else. Also depends on how big you are and how big you plan to grow your plants. But hook up a paint drawing and it'll help to answer your question.

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

http://i79.invalid.com/albums/j139/aSilvrHaze/room.jpg
something I've been working on

the dotted line is where the wall would be and the solid line rectangle is canopy space. Basically I will have a screen setup that same size(4ftx8ft) hung over the containers. And there's about a foot between dudes head & the reflector. And 5'4" between container top and glass

S

spider125

Well after all that thinking, I bet you know the answer to your question. Rock it out!

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I first built a room about that size. Framed it up, insulation, you name it. I wish I went bigger.
One thing I do not like is the room around it. There is none! I'm a big guy 6'3 230 and it is not so easy to get around.
The only way I can get in there is if I split the room in 2. I was first planning on using the 4x8 table, that was way too tight in there. I went with 2 6x4 tray's and put them in so I can walk down the middle. I still do not like it.
I seen a thread earlier where someone used 20 gallon totes or whatever to use as there pot with drain lines hooked up. Great idea.
Every cycle I change it for some reason. I either use the tray's or I use Totes with milk crates inside with the plants sitting on the crates. Then I shop vac the waste out. Still do not like that way.
I am lazy! I like to find the easy way of dealing with waste water. I have all my drain lines plumbed to run out of my grow room to outside watering the veggie garden.
The reason I said I wished I went bigger is cus I did later. I ended up using the rest of the garage space. Framed it out, instead of drywall and insulation I just Panda filmed it. Both rooms are tied together by 2 large box fans in the wall between the 2 rooms blowing opposite way's.
Basically I want to go crazy with a sawzall and sledgehammer in there and start over. Too bad Garden of Dream's was too far away to build me a room.

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

lol the containers in my pic are modeled after the brute 20gals, i already have them to use. thanks for your input

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

Does the whole "watts per sq ft" thing apply to the entire room or just basically the overall area the plants are in?

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Nice plans bud! Can't wait to see the build and then that room filled with trees... Also I think the watts per sq ft is meant for the effective light area of the plants and not the room... :thinking

Latest posts

Top Bottom