root aphid damage pix

• Thread starter obsoul33t
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

krazay

I have used nematodes with success against root aphids. you add the nematodes to your water then feed. can get them at

smokie

smokie

This is not plant damage, just a close up video of them little nasty SOB's.

evu80

evu80

god this video just confirmed my worst nightmare. i suspected it was aphids but was praying it was something else. my newly transplanted plant too.

2012 09 27 22 38 37 782
TheGreenMan

TheGreenMan

What happens with the flowers if RA'S have destroyed most of the leaves at this point? Kind of curious.

Toaster79

Toaster79

What happens with the flowers if RA'S have destroyed most of the leaves at this point? Kind of curious.

Root aphids don't destroy leaves, they destroy roots. That's why they're called Root aphids. And since they're doing that, they're not actually picking the roots that are attached to the big fat fan leaves, but they munch on everything. So as the plant has less and less access to the food, it starts eating itself up bottom to tops ....

TheGreenMan

TheGreenMan

I've got yellowing to almost the tops, I was debating on cutting them now as they are in week 5 and actually doing well in the resin gland arena. Some of the hairs are starting to turn as well. I fear herm if I don't chop now.

TheGreenMan

TheGreenMan

Lol. Thanks. I appreciate your input. So, I digress.... what happens to the flowers after the RA'S have caused enough root damage that the leaves are now damaged as a result of the root damage caused by the RA'S? Do the flowers just follow suite and necrophy?

TheGreenMan

TheGreenMan

I'm not trying to be a snot by the way, I just seek to understand my enemy so that I may better my logistics.

TheGreenMan

TheGreenMan

I did. I might add that in spite of the RA'S and the root damage, quality is still superb, but yeild suffered. I'll only end up with about a half pound from my four plants. Still enough to have my fiance complain about the hours it took to trim with me. Hahahhaa

keiksweat

keiksweat

I did. I might add that in spite of the RA'S and the root damage, quality is still superb, but yeild suffered. I'll only end up with about a half pound from my four plants. Still enough to have my fiance complain about the hours it took to trim with me. Hahahhaa
oh man,your spoiled son.i cant get a cup of tea out of my missus..

TheGreenMan

TheGreenMan

I just got what you meant, lol. I also only woke up about an hour previous to this days posts. Yes, I am spoiled. What's more bruv, she doesn't even smoke! She helps me water and do vac out, and pretty much everything in between. Hell, I just realized this is too good to be true and probably won't end well. Ah well, so it goes.... :cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom