Root Aphid Pesticide-Insecticide Help/Opinions

• Thread starter Unrivaledace
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Unrivaledace

Unrivaledace

I’ve been looking into the below products. I’m really not too sure on which to use or both together. I’ve been using SNS and Forbid as well as Avid0.15EC

I’d really appreciate any help. Thank you!

Root aphid pesticide insecticide helpopinions

Root aphid pesticide insecticide helpopinions 2

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I used a combination of an imidicloprid product and that botanigard 22 wp and so far i have not seen any more root aphids, fliers or the leaf damage i have been dealing with for a long while. Damn invisible bastards!

here is the imid stuff i got. I used it in early veg but later learned to use it 2 weeks after as the pesticide migrates up from the roots. But its nasty stuff so give 6-8 weeks to leach out of the plants.

4B929946 D9AA 4F35 9DBC 2568EC4B27DF

good luck!

Unrivaledace

Unrivaledace

I used a combination of an imidicloprid product and that botanigard 22 wp and so far i have not seen any more root aphids, fliers or the leaf damage i have been dealing with for a long while. Damn invisible bastards!

here is the imid stuff i got. I used it in early veg but later learned to use it 2 weeks after as the pesticide migrates up from the roots. But its nasty stuff so give 6-8 weeks to leach out of the plants.

View attachment 1070987

good luck!
Tell me about it, they are the worst! I’ll let you know how it goes. Thanks a ton!

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

@Unrivaledace DO NOT use Endeavor on any plant that a human will consume. Note that it says it's for ornamentals and also that it's only for professional use. Don't poison yourself.

For root aphids and pretty much any pest that has a part of its life cycle in soil, your safest bet would be beneficial nematodes. Within a couple of weeks, a severe infestation is knocked back to almost zero.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@Unrivaledace DO NOT use Endeavor on any plant that a human will consume. Note that it says it's for ornamentals and also that it's only for professional use. Don't poison yourself.

For root aphids and pretty much any pest that has a part of its life cycle in soil, your safest bet would be beneficial nematodes. Within a couple of weeks, a severe infestation is knocked back to almost zero.

I read nematodes were not fully effective but there is a beetle that works better. Cant remember the name. The site you linked has info though. There is an article inline showing the percentage of killed root aphids from each treatment.

unfortunately root aphids need only one over winter egg hidden in a wall or layed by a flier to start all over again. They are born female and ready to birth live nymphs. And the winter eggs are viable over 6 months

so a systemic treatment combined with other treatments is recommended. And even then they are very difficult to completely eradicate in many tests published.

I sure didnt want to use imid but i used it very early and it is well out of the plants system by flowering.

i threw away most of my infected plants after dousing them all with peroxide during the peak infestation. If i had not i am sure i would still have them.

im even treating the next plants just to be sure i got them all.

Top Bottom