Root Aphid?

• Thread starter The Terps
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Terps

The Terps

Ya but I caught them super early and I can try a new product for me promis from npk industries. Hopefully knock them out of their socks. Also my first root aphid went 6 years with out ever getting them myself.

The Terps

The Terps

I was using caps bennies including foliar as a non diluted root drench weekly and they still showed up surprising to me

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I was using caps bennies including foliar as a non diluted root drench weekly and they still showed up surprising to me

They will be around with foliar drench but it will fuck them up. I just had some myself. Dropped FP on everything in flower and Merit on everything in veg. Checked a root ball today and the FP had claimed many RA lives. They were all fuzzzed up 4 days after application.

Shamus

Shamus

as long as your not a NPK rep who may or may not be buddy's with the plant success goonies then I wish you luck.

Imidiclorapid should do good.. You want to rotate control/eradication methods tho.. No matter what product

I had them once a few years back and it was not an easy task. And I only had 12 plants to treat.

Hadn't heard of OGB yet

I threw everything at them, and still just cloned out of it dunking cuts in contact killer solutions before bringing to a completely new facility and rooting there after they soaked a while and I put new clothes on and bathed in lava

For a week I bought a new pair of dollar general shoes almost every day to work on the facility and not drag in potential eggs.

I took anal to a new level.. Like myco sterile

Myco

Myco

They will be around with foliar drench but it will fuck them up. I just had some myself. Dropped FP on everything in flower and Merit on everything in veg. Checked a root ball today and the FP had claimed many RA lives. They were all fuzzzed up 4 days after application.
How did you end up with RA? Just curious because I'm sure you run a tight ship.

Get any pics of the myco-death-fuzz carcasses??? That must be such a gratifying sight! :D

The Terps

The Terps

No lol I'm not a rep for anybody I just work at a shop and ironically just started carrying promis for a customer so I figured I would give it a go. So far I have only found it on 2 plants and they will probably get tossed while the others are treated. @Capulator do you use more FP when you have RA

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
How did you end up with RA? Just curious because I'm sure you run a tight ship.

Get any pics of the myco-death-fuzz carcasses??? That must be such a gratifying sight! :D

I am pretty sure they came in the substrate but they could have slipped in from outside. I spotted them very early. I know the symptoms to look for as I have dealt with RA 4 times now.
@The Terps I use it at 1 T/gal.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
And merit75 will work. 2 applications 10 days apart. I found you may use merit and FP together. Based on my observations the merit does not kill the met or beavaria spores, as I got fuzzing well after I applied merit.

Merit is 75% imid. My guess is NPK new imid product is nowhere near that.

The Terps

The Terps

No your right cap it .235 imid it's a rip off but it's already been applied ill post my findings and get me some Merritt just in case.

Skuna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

OGB FP is solid, but u gotta be on top of it. I like to use SNS 203 on the opposite side of the week of my bennies. if i see FungusGnats, i will use 203 every time i feed, even at 1/4 strength, it works as a great preventative.
sns_203.jpg

The Terps

The Terps

Well guys I think merit changed the name of the product but any who it has been ordered Merritt now called Mallot I believe not sure though. I appreciate all your help and will check back with my findings.

cephalopod

cephalopod

Well guys I think merit changed the name of the product but any who it has been ordered Merritt now called Mallot I believe not sure though. I appreciate all your help and will check back with my findings.
I think it's Mallet, Bayer has it Imidacloprid in three different strengths in their Tree and Shrub, Citrus, and Complete Insect Killer. I personally have used the cik @ 5ml/gallon as a root drench/top feed into a rdwc [about four gallons of drench solution into a 60 gallon system] and cycled it for 24 hours. The bayer is less costly and more readily available than the merit and others and they are all going to be systemic for 60 days pre harvest. This was the first time I've dealt with RA and was relieved that the bayer knocked them out completely.

http://www.amazon.com/Criterion-Imi..._indust_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1CBRWMKSTTMTQQ74BSVB

http://www.amazon.com/Bayer-Advanced-Complete-Concentrate-40-Ounce/dp/B001DKEOK8/ref=sr_1_1?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1421456618&sr=1-1&keywords=complete insect killer

The phi info actually seems a little varied and obviously no one has cannabis on their labels, but I looked at pretty much all the info on agri crops[taking in consideration things like hard skinned fruits etc.] I could find and it sounds like it's relatively safe with phi windows as short as a few days. This is the other reason I chose the bayer, it's .72% imidacloprid and .36% beta cyfluthrin, where as Merit etc. are 75% imidacloprid. I don't know if it's true or not, but my logic allowed me to believe this would allow it to clear the plant faster.

http://citybugs.tamu.edu/2010/06/07/systemi/

Also I should mention that it is highly likely imidacloprid is a culprit in colony collapse disorder in bees.

Last edited:
ape1337

ape1337

CRAZY about OG kush
Supporter
I'm dealing with root aphids for the first time ever. Gonna hit my vegs with some bayer citrus & fruit and follow up with caps foliar pack. Gonna treat my plants in flower with some azamax / foliar pack. Fuck these things man.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
as long as your not a NPK rep who may or may not be buddy's with the plant success goonies then I wish you luck.

Imidiclorapid should do good.. You want to rotate control/eradication methods tho.. No matter what product

I had them once a few years back and it was not an easy task. And I only had 12 plants to treat.

Hadn't heard of OGB yet

I threw everything at them, and still just cloned out of it dunking cuts in contact killer solutions before bringing to a completely new facility and rooting there after they soaked a while and I put new clothes on and bathed in lava

For a week I bought a new pair of dollar general shoes almost every day to work on the facility and not drag in potential eggs.

I took anal to a new level.. Like myco sterile
LOL @Shamus Not really laughing tho, RA the nightmare of every grower. Evil incarnate them buggers are.

G

greyman41420

Cap, after you have used merit as a root drench in veg, are beneficials able to survive after that? Reading around a few other threads I noticed a lot of people saying that after you merit drench that there is no point in even trying to use beneficials even through flower.

jimmy the hat

jimmy the hat

Cap, after you have used merit as a root drench in veg, are beneficials able to survive after that? Reading around a few other threads I noticed a lot of people saying that after you merit drench that there is no point in even trying to use beneficials even through flower.
I read that too...but I don't think its true....when I have used merit I would follow up with biowar....when I apply biowar my plants respond....I didn't see a difference in their responses with or without merit...but their was a difference with merit and no bioiwar....just observations....

T

Tylrr420

I'm dealing with root aphids for the first time ever. Gonna hit my vegs with some bayer citrus & fruit and follow up with caps foliar pack. Gonna treat my plants in flower with some azamax / foliar pack. Fuck these things man.

Hey man I'm dealing with em for the first time too. They suck ass. I hit em with azamax about a week ago and they just laughed. I did it at the strongest feeding too. I'm only on day ten of flower so I think I'm gonna hit em with some Bayer imid and push em for a 10-11 week bloom. Fuckers multiply fast man

Latest posts

Top Bottom