Root Aphids, Fungus Gnats, and other fun bugs (ID PICS)

• Thread starter We Solidarity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Galls? Never heard of them or had that before? Well how would i go about ridding myself of this issue i have removed it from all of its soil soaked it in water for 24 hours and put it in a hydro bucket to recover i am fairly certain that it is not mites of any kind unless they were in the soil or they have recently gotten so small you can not see them i checked for nematodes and root thrips when they were exposed I saw little sign of any of the sort the only problem I could give was root damage due to the fungus and damping from all the green cure I was dumping in it

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

The part that is really baffling to me is it has deemed this plant uncloneable (meaning) I can take a perfectly healthy cutting from her and by the end of the week I instead of have roots again I get those huge white lumps where roots should be growing then the top of the plant will almost die off and also begin getting these odd lumps but not die all the way at which point it will put on root and never really recover from this I held on to one for over a month in the corner just to see if she would grow but no luck I will get root growth but very little upwards growth and once It did begin it's upward growth it again will put on lumps at every new growth spot

XTC

XTC

I honestly don't know how you'd deal with it... with so many possible causes, you'd have to identify what's causing it before you could know what to do.. I've never had the issue myself, just seen galls on other plants when out and about...

Dunge

Dunge

Gall.
I would proceed as if it were a microbial origin and attempt to overwhelm it with both bacterial and fungal beneficial supplements.
If you rule out insects, what remains are microbes.
Good luck KiLo.

Bombnes

Bombnes

Here are some pics of these broads that I got......NO not the broads your thinking of. The last one keeps crapping all over the house.....
20141119 170508
Image2
Piper
Broad upclose

Bombnes

Bombnes

20141117 131534
Image2
Image3
20141117 131534
20141119 165858
20141119 165942
20141119 165958
20141119 170033
20141119 170103
20141119 170219
20141119 170239
20141119 170342
20141119 170427
20141119 170508
20141119 170543
Image2 3
some more of those dirty broads....ruined my poor babies had to throw all out. Didn't want to risk it with my new babies going in next door. There were so many that I would lose count just on one leaf....and they seemed to all be carrying eggs with them.
20141117 131534
20141119 165858
20141119 165942
20141119 165958
20141119 170033

H

happy b

How/why is it strange that we see root aphids, dutchman? We have extensive agriculture in the U.S., and Phylloxera (one genus of RAs) are well known. Of course there are myriad species, I personally was never able to identify for certain what species I had, but I happen to live in heavy conifer forest and my initial infestation occurred outdoors, 30' up off the ground.

Ok, so, fungus gnats. I've been using emulsified Neem oil to deal with them, and didn't keep up on application. My reward was an EXPLOSION of fungus gnats to the point that I've lost half a dozen seedlings. All show the blunted root ends typical of larval feeding. I also noted that I see a buildup of goo that turned out to be Neem, so I'm dropping that from the regimen right now. I discovered that Home de Pot has some of the best pricing (online at least) and shipping rates for beneficial nematodes, and so I got clicky wid it and hopefully those should be here soon. If the weather were a bit warmer I'd just put all the seedlings outside and let nature do her work, but I really want a good head start with these babies. I think I also need to treat the veggie seedlings much more aggressively, instead of focusing on the cannabis.
I always get hammered by fungus gnats too seamaiden.the only way iv been able todeal with the wee bastards is with nematodes,which work great in conjunction with the sticky yellow traps.im not sure of the web address but the company i use is called-Just green,natural born killers.they are uk based however.

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

I always get hammered by fungus gnats too seamaiden.the only way iv been able todeal with the wee bastards is with nematodes,which work great in conjunction with the sticky yellow traps.im not sure of the web address but the company i use is called-Just green,natural born killers.they are uk based however.
Happy buy your self some gnatrol it will kill any gnat larvae in your soil an keep the sticky yellow tape to catch the mothers an problem solved!

H

happy b

Happy buy your self some gnatrol it will kill any gnat larvae in your soil an keep the sticky yellow tape to catch the mothers an problem solved!
I used to use something called gnat off at £20 a small bottle but it never got rid of em completely even doubling up the strenghth.they always dropped in numbers at first but they got used to it quickly and came back with a vengeance!the stuff was crap.iv also been recommended something called "azatrol"i think it was called.were can i get the gnatrol TSTEW?

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

I used to use something called gnat off at £20 a small bottle but it never got rid of em completely even doubling up the strenghth.they always dropped in numbers at first but they got used to it quickly and came back with a vengeance!the stuff was crap.iv also been recommended something called "azatrol"i think it was called.were can i get the gnatrol TSTEW?
Ebay.com you can pick up gnatrol I had a fungus gnats out break when I got a bad batch of fox farm soil the gnatrol wiped them out! Catch the mothers on sticky tape an the gnatrol will kill all the larvae!

H

happy b

Ebay.com you can pick up gnatrol I had a fungus gnats out break when I got a bad batch of fox farm soil the gnatrol wiped them out! Catch the mothers on sticky tape an the gnatrol will kill all the larvae!
Cheers buddy.people think they(fungus gnats)dont really do any harm but they can take the vigor out of your plants at the very least and iv lost plenty of seedlings to em aswell.curse the wee fuckers.

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

Buggers 006
Buggers 007
Buggers 008
Buggers 009
Speaking of sticky yellow traps.... any tips tricks I could use guys to hammer these lil pricks back into submission or better yet 100% eradicated?

Dunge

Dunge

Gnatrol and nematodes with every watering and nets over clone plugs (they love those plugs).
Does gnatrol kill nematodes?
I can't get rid of them, but keeping numbers down is the next best thing.
I suspect that higher doses of gnatrol would help, but it's so expensive I tend to skimp the dosages.
So, no eradication, but trying.

m8ty

m8ty

Cover your pots with a fine mesh and make sure your soil bags aren't pre-charged full of gnats and root aphids.

Bombnes

Bombnes

ANYONE HEARD OF AVID? sorry for yelling. So a fellow grower told me about an insecticide called avid, small bottle big power. Kills everything is what he was saying......anyone heard of it?

Top Bottom