root aphids/ Merit75 and triazizide at same time?

• Thread starter Confuten1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
met 52 is only granular and needs to be mixed in with the media

I suppose a few tbs per pot in the hole where you plant new clones would be great to prevent reinfestation

but would be hard to get the met to work in a room already infested - botanigaurd comes in a liquid but from what I have been reading is not nearly as effective

so this is my approach for the clones

spectracide soak while using a P bomb

followed by pesticide soap soak to help clean the wax residue off

followed by merit 75 application

followe by botanigard or met 52 - saw met 52 on ebay - was like 40 bux a pound - still trying to figure out how much I need

getting some exciteR 60/6 in a few days to have on stand by in case the first wave of nukage dont get it done

cant wait to get home to my BUG FREE CFSB gear that is just days away from coming down

Onespark

Onespark

hi, i searched spectracide on ebay and i get alot of results, different kinds of products, some liquid some granule, some for roses etc. can you tell me which is best? btw i have some merit coming ... i hit them with 21.4% imid w/ marathon 2 and they are still here 2 days later but im told it takes a few days for it to be taken up by plant and for the RAs to start dying.

im interested in met52 for my organic crops... any info? just granular forM?

IF YOU NEED MET 52------>
Hit me or Altimood up. We have a friend with a bunch of Met52 right now for sale. Works like a charm as Altimood pointed out. Granular only for now but a liquid form drops sometime this fall. We all did the spectracide followed by the Beyer. Didn't work for most I know. Spectra is a great knockdown but it wont interrupt the life cycle enough to save you and I found a lot of resistance to IMID in the RA's I had. I would do the spectra skip the IMID and pot with Met52. Have not seen one in 4 months. Good luck!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
spectracide is on the shelf in most any home depot or lowes

altimood

altimood

I suppose a few tbs per pot in the hole where you plant new clones would be great to prevent reinfestation

but would be hard to get the met to work in a room already infested - botanigaurd comes in a liquid but from what I have been reading is not nearly as effective

followe by botanigard or met 52 - saw met 52 on ebay - was like 40 bux a pound - still trying to figure out how much I need

getting some exciteR 60/6 in a few days to have on stand by in case the first wave of nukage dont get it done

cant wait to get home to my BUG FREE CFSB gear that is just days away from coming down
Met will not save an already infested room. I am in a warehouse and can't escape them. I use it from clone to finish and it works well that way. Good luck to those in battle. Its definitely a biotch. Ben der dun dat many a battle.

H

Hairydodger

OMG, Root Aphids = Bubonic Plague

This is my first post and after finding so many Trolls and haters on every board and thread I went to I was up to my eyebrows with the fools drifting off subject. Then I found you guys. How nice it is to find intelligent, experienced growers on subject and helping each other. Thank You.

I first thought I had plain leaf Aphids and sprayed for that problem. I had never heard of Root Aphids so it was about a week before I realized that they were coming out the drain holes. I bought Bayer Advanced and treated plants growing in soil in my veg tent and went back online to read more. After hours of researching I decided to kill my next two rounds and toss the soil, pots and sterilize and insecticide the tent.

What prompted this drastic action was the lifecycle of Root Aphids. There are only females. They do not lay eggs. They give live birth to a daughter that is already pregnant with her daughter. You can kill all of them except one and you are still in great trouble. I couldn't believe that I chose not fight these prehistoric animals. I lost all the clones from my current round. I sure hope I didn't kill a clone from a miracle plant as all the plants I have left are now 30 days into flower and I can't get them anymore.

qupee

qupee

I had gotten a pretty bad infection of these little bastards.

Spectracide definitely took a ton of them out as evidenced in the run off. I let them sit in runoff too.

Theres a trick to usen this stuff right, most dont, The Trick is to let your plants sit in the run off of the spectracide(or any other drench) for ah couple hours, if you dont do that, well your stuff aint go n to work.

I've been using Bayer on everything coming up through veg since. And using Botainiguard on everything in flower.

The last harvest only made 17oz off 16 plants in 4x4 under 1kw, and the plants looked on the verge of death from 2 weeks into 12/12 and quality suffered. The next cycle, about to be done, was treated right at about 3 weeks in when I realized what was going on. There was definitely recovery, but also lingering issues. I think my yields will be improved but not fully back.

Also, I found h2o2 or sm-90 helped with root repair. If I were doing it again I'd use h2o2 more frequently during recovery.

Every now and then I see a flier, not totally sure if its a gnat or an aphid. I'm about one to two weeks into 12/12 on a couple other tents so within a week or two I'll see if I still have problems.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Theres a trick to usen this stuff right, most dont, The Trick is to let your plants sit in the run off of the spectracide(or any other drench) for ah couple hours, if you dont do that, well your stuff aint go n to work.

THIS IS KEY!!!!

confu...

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter

Quite a regime!! Best one ive seen to date.! ExciteR really made a diffrence. I really need to source some met 52. this might b the trick to preventitive in the future.

COnfu...

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I would stick with altimood or sparks suggestions. Go check the threads. They stuck with it.

B

bucketcleaner48

How did this work out? did you ever eradicate them totally?

i did a spec dunk at 30ml per gal. the phantom def thread was using 11ml and they ended up coming back for that person. besides, it said 30 on the directions.
they dropped dead immediately! killed the flyers with neem. i put up fly paper 4 days ago, and its still clean. not a thing on any of em.
a week after the spec dunk, i dunked with bayer tree and shrub. i used 2 Tbls in 4 gallons of water. the rate of application for a dunk was not on there. so i pretty much went with 1 tsp per gallon and went heavy. no ill effects, and no new bugs since last week. im about to neem like right now.
next week spec dunk, then a week later ill bayer dunk again. ill spray neem weekly as well. i guess ill get gnatrol or azamax for flowering. you can actually use the spec up to 21 days before harvest. i will certainly always have a bottle on the shelF!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
How did this work out? did you ever eradicate them totally?

i did a spec dunk at 30ml per gal. the phantom def thread was using 11ml and they ended up coming back for that person. besides, it said 30 on the directions.
they dropped dead immediately! killed the flyers with neem. i put up fly paper 4 days ago, and its still clean. not a thing on any of em.
a week after the spec dunk, i dunked with bayer tree and shrub. i used 2 Tbls in 4 gallons of water. the rate of application for a dunk was not on there. so i pretty much went with 1 tsp per gallon and went heavy. no ill effects, and no new bugs since last week. im about to neem like right now.
next week spec dunk, then a week later ill bayer dunk again. ill spray neem weekly as well. i guess ill get gnatrol or azamax for flowering. you can actually use the spec up to 21 days before harvest. i will certainly always have a bottle on the shelF!

as far as I know it was comlplete eradication - havent been back to check myself since I put the plan into action - but the worker bee kid has a great eye for bugs and we have yellow traps everywhere that are clean as can be

Top Bottom