Root aphids or soil mites

• Thread starter Flexnerb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I thought they were soil mites. Ive transplanted a plant into fresh soil. Cut the rootball up i didnt see anything on the roots. Ill be doing it to another one tonight to see if i see anything chewing the roots...the root are reddish brown. Not many white roots like in a normal healthy plant. The white ones look older with that hard carrot like appearance(not soft/succulent white). Like it should be!

Soil is ffof.
Additives are
1/2 neem seed meal

1/2 cup dol lime

1/4 alfalfa meal

1/2 crab meal

to 2cft of finished soil

Ph in pots range from 6.2 to 6.4

Anyother info needed just let me know

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

20200905 202536
20200905 202631
20200905 202637
20200905 202535
20200905 202647
20200905 202541
20200905 202639

20200905 202647
20200905 202536
20200905 202631
20200905 202637
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Are there any more greenish looking ones on your actual plant? Stems, leafs, etc? Not in the soil?

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Are there any more greenish looking ones on your actual plant? Stems, leafs, etc? Not in the soil?
Not at all...a week sgo i seen these with wings. Thought they were a different fungus gnat i havent seen. I didnt see anything flying around up off from the soil...im a damn fool...lol

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Do some research on these types of mites. I don’t have time currently as I’m getting my veg tent up and running, but I’ll be back and lurking. Post some pics of your whole plants. Was there damage to the plants?
this pest looks similar to what you’re dealing with.

91AF9D27 3DAF 47A5 B1AC DAA42912F090
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I have been drought stressing them due to the fact it helps keep the stink down.

Damage is always greatest with drought stressed plants...2funny. Keep pots dry for the above reason and cuz ive had fungus gnat issues in the past and someother insect moves in....lol..oh well...

Thanks burnz. Appreciate the info 😁😁
Edit:
Damage to plants is gotta be a nutrient flow restriction based type. Got leaves looking like the roots are being attacked(just like when i had fungus gnats)is the best way to describe it. Ill post pics of that some time tomorrow.....
Also, the stems and petoiles are easily broken. They only bend closer to the top of the plant has me thinking nute flow issue. Ill be checking my hepa filter too, tomorrow. Ill update info!

Just ask ?'s im fairly new to the indoor growing thing. Tomatoes and peppers outside is all i have for exp...thanks a bunch folks

Last edited:
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I have been drought stressing them due to the fact it helps keep the stink down.

Damage is always greatest with drought stressed plants...2funny. Keep pots dry for the above reason and cuz ive had fungus gnat issues in the past and someother insect moves in....lol..oh well...

Thanks burnz. Appreciate the info 😁😁
Get a scrubber and exhaust the air through the scrubber. No reason to drought stress them if you don’t have to. I can understand a couple times a grow as a crop steering affect but something as simple as a carbon filter helps tremendously with the stank. I run two. One in the room exhausting into garage and one side garage scrubbing the air inside the garage. Happy grows.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Get a scrubber and exhaust the air through the scrubber. No reason to drought stress them if you don’t have to. I can understand a couple times a grow as a crop steering affect but something as simple as a carbon filter helps tremendously with the stank. I run two. One in the room exhausting into garage and one side garage scrubbing the air inside the garage. Happy grows.
I bought a vivosun didnt work. Been siting on a phat filter ill throw it in tomorrow.reason i didnt is keeping things dry kept the smell down enough to not use it...ill search how to build it. Ill get it together..fuck, i got this MK ultra plant that smells like smartie candies...i dont want to lose her!! I havent gotten to smoke her yet

jamk911

jamk911

my plants give a small aroma but never truely stink unless i move them or like bump a branch and shake em..

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

These are root aphids im sure of it. I lifted plants out of pots and sure enough. Fuck!!

I have organicide for the roots and insectcidal soap spray for the vegetation. Ill be waiting for lights out to drench and spray.
? Should i do the drench spray lights on or off?

My ? Is can i use the insect soap spray on the roots before the organicide drench/soak?

Pyganic pyrethrins are on the way! Cant wait to knock'em dead, fuckerz

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Fuhk. You’re right dude. @MIMedGrower just dealt with a RA infestation. I suggested botanigard. Do you see any flyers? They look like fungus gnats but they are not.

D8036511 DFFE 43DF 886B 5CE2C1483B62
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Thought i hit reply must not have....read above post please. Thanks...if you're too busy i understand.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Fuckin flyerz are there. Not every where i dont see anything on the plants...my one is fuckt. Ill be taking clones tonight. Ill be chopping the smarties candy pheno of mk ultra...it really suck...its crazy how it smells so candilicious...

The antennae are there its the color differentiation that threw my off. I thought i had a beni mite in my soil at first never knew aphids could fly...ants carry the green aphids from plant to overwintering areas...fuckerz!!

Edit: botanigard 22 wp will be purchased asap

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Hopefully he chimes in. He had to bomb his whole grow room because he was afraid they laid eggs in the walls. If you have any soil close by sitting around you’d want to check that or throw it out as well. These little fuhkers are no joke and are about as bad as a mite infestation. You got this bro. Happy grows.
Burnz

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If they are indeed root aphids the plants likely show a fast climbing magnesium looking deficiency. A white gooky substance in the roots, base of the stem or on the soil. And the roots become hard and stratified like you described as a carrot in the op.

Imid will kill them off and keep the plant resistant for 6 weeks or so. Product is merit 75 or equivalent.

And botanigard like said above. Also comes as wettable powder. 90% effective alone in testing. It does not stay in the plant or medium. Has to contact the bugs in soil drench so use repeatedly a few times.

I am using both to be sure in my garden.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hopefully he chimes in. He had to bomb his whole grow room because he was afraid they laid eggs in the walls. If you have any soil close by sitting around you’d want to check that or throw it out as well. These little fuhkers are no joke and are about as bad as a mite infestation. You got this bro. Happy grows.
Burnz

I just cleaned everything with h2o2 or alcohol. I sprayed the peroxide but did not use bombs.

I was talked into getting merit 75 and dose them as young plants in cups. And follow up with botanigard.

I have been documenting in my thread and lots of info last few pages.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I just cleaned everything with h2o2 or alcohol. I sprayed the peroxide but did not use bombs.

I was talked into getting merit 75 and dose them as young plants in cups. And follow up with botanigard.

I have been documenting in my thread and lots of info last few pages.

Are the eggs hard to see? Im sure they are...dont hurt to ask. Lol

Ill have to stick with what i got as a remedy. Ill buy all this other stuff at a later date......botanigard is some hood shite..

In the second link above it talks sbout the fungi making a symbiotic relationship ship with the plants

I got a great ? That comes to mind. How long do the eggs stay viable for??? Are they like flea eggs and last for a few years??

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Are the eggs hard to see? Im sure they are...dont hurt to ask. Lol

Ill have to stick with what i got as a remedy. Ill buy all this other stuff at a later date......botanigard is some hood shite..

In the second link above it talks sbout the fungi making a symbiotic relationship ship with the plants

I got a great ? That comes to mind. How long do the eggs stay viable for??? Are they like flea eggs and last for a few years??

They lay different eggs. The winter ones last 6 months and they like to lay them in a wall or floorboard.

I never saw an egg. The bugs themselves are less than half a millimeter. Tiny. And they can be white like the roots or camaflage themselves to the dirt ot pot.

And botanigard does not form a bond. The directions are very specific about complete coverage when drenching.

Other stuff like perintherins are said to be far less effective.

Latest posts

Top Bottom