Root Aphids, Spectracide Triazicide, Wisdom TC, Merit 75, Bayer Advanced Complete

• Thread starter Smokeyjojackson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Smokeyjojackson

Well after much research and premature graying I have finally tracked down what is causing me so much strife with this current round.

I have an infestation of root aphids. Something told me to go dig into the soil tonight and sure as the sun shines they are freaking everywhere.

I was able to spot 3 stages of growth with my bare eye. My normally fat a lush Blueberry are completely scraggly and look as if they MIGHT produce 1/3 what they usually do..
I doubt the quality will be there and this room might just be almost a complete loss as far as useable flower.

There is about 3-4 weeks left of flower.
Not all of the pots are infested yet but the fliers are working hard and fast on that.

I have only been researching this for the last few hours but I think at this point there is not much I can do to save the plants in flower aside from letting them finish up or cutting the worst down now and preparing to sterilize my areas.

I know many of you have dealt with these bastards and I was wondering what people have had the best luck with? I intend to treat everything in my veg room (all 2 weeks old or less) to try and save my genetics. I know I have read that Wisdom TC is safer to use that Merit 75 and is pretty effective against these bastards. I am also considering the other insecticides listed

Wisdom TC

Spectracide http://www.homedepot.com/p/Spectrac...ady-to-Spray-Concentrate-HG-95830-1/100137837

Bayer Advanced

Merit 75 http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/m...6F54VRwODW2tXFqfXcxMG8ps6WmJ9Mc41QaAl3e8P8HAQ

What has worked the best for the community here in eradicating root aphids
in soil?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I found the Spectracide worked for me, others found better results with the imid mixes. Not familiar with the Wisdom TC.

souf69

souf69

one five gallon bucket of water with 15 ml of bayer hand watered in, then a few days later I used a healthy batch of caps bennies again hand watered. worked out great! only veg plants though.

firemanelaflare

firemanelaflare

Well after much research and premature graying I have finally tracked down what is causing me so much strife with this current round.

I have an infestation of root aphids. Something told me to go dig into the soil tonight and sure as the sun shines they are freaking everywhere.

I was able to spot 3 stages of growth with my bare eye. My normally fat a lush Blueberry are completely scraggly and look as if they MIGHT produce 1/3 what they usually do..
I doubt the quality will be there and this room might just be almost a complete loss as far as useable flower.

There is about 3-4 weeks left of flower.
Not all of the pots are infested yet but the fliers are working hard and fast on that.

I have only been researching this for the last few hours but I think at this point there is not much I can do to save the plants in flower aside from letting them finish up or cutting the worst down now and preparing to sterilize my areas.

I know many of you have dealt with these bastards and I was wondering what people have had the best luck with? I intend to treat everything in my veg room (all 2 weeks old or less) to try and save my genetics. I know I have read that Wisdom TC is safer to use that Merit 75 and is pretty effective against these bastards. I am also considering the other insecticides listed

Wisdom TC

Spectracide http://www.homedepot.com/p/Spectrac...ady-to-Spray-Concentrate-HG-95830-1/100137837

Bayer Advanced

Merit 75 http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/m...6F54VRwODW2tXFqfXcxMG8ps6WmJ9Mc41QaAl3e8P8HAQ

What has worked the best for the community here in eradicating root aphids
in soil?
What was your end result I just applied merit 75 in my 200 gallon res I feel stupid because I just poured it right in hopefully my girls are alive when I wake up. I hate using toxic shit but I'm not doin this to lose crops either

firemanelaflare

firemanelaflare

one five gallon bucket of water with 15 ml of bayer hand watered in, then a few days later I used a healthy batch of caps bennies again hand watered. worked out great! only veg plants though.
2 years later I ask did it work??

firemanelaflare

firemanelaflare

Mr beard, please read the post.
U didn't have to make me feel so dumb lol I guess I rushed thru the post and yup I'm ordering og bio war tonight Imma out an end to this shit I used imid in week one of bloom so I think I'm good how was your yield and did h have an infestation

souf69

souf69

U didn't have to make me feel so dumb lol I guess I rushed thru the post and yup I'm ordering og bio war tonight Imma out an end to this shit I used imid in week one of bloom so I think I'm good how was your yield and did h have an infestation
Mildly infested, thanks to being able to see them in the rockwool. Coco and soils makes it hard to see em. Almost have to catch fliers and check em.

firemanelaflare

firemanelaflare

Mildly infested, thanks to being able to see them in the rockwool. Coco and soils makes it hard to see em. Almost have to catch fliers and check em.
Yeah I got my work cut out for me I'm in coco gs4 to be specific I don't know if it came from the medium or trading cuts either way it goes stopping is not an option!! I'm glad I didn't go into bloom I'm only 5 days in and honestly I should be in week 5 but the reconstruction of my room took wayyyyy longer than expected those bastards woulda killed me had I not figured things out my plants r budding like they normally do my only worry is that a lot of them are light green when they should be forest green but I seriously dropped the ball being lackadaisical I pray I can get 1/1.5 per light but I really expected 2 smdh oh well as long as you are in the game you can still play can't cry just gotta do better next time

Top Bottom