Root aphids stole my kung fu....

• Thread starter souf69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
souf69

souf69

Root aphids stole my kung fu for four rounds....I swear I thought I lost my gift.
Alot of research and time wasted. I changed nutes, regimens, methods, etc....
Glad I found the farm fam and grohams associated within. I went from having ladies produce me an average of 12 to 14 zips a plant to a zip or less. Man talk about horrible....
Anyway I pulled my pants up and tried this hot water method that was posted by seamaiden and it worked. Try at your own risk please do not try it with huge plants.
Anyhow I soaked some smaller plants in hot water for seven minutes. I checked before and after. Before I could see them fuqqers moving around, after I see death....
So to follow up I am going to buy a few bombs to kill the flyers since they are the culprits. I watched em lay live ones this morning now war is waged and it is on...
Thanks maiden and gang! Oh and I am following with some caps bennies to be sure...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It worked???? REALLY???!!! What temps did you use, how big were the plants and how well-rooted were they? I truly hope you get this problem completely eradicated. I've only had fungus gnats to play with around here. And cabbage aphids.

souf69

souf69

It worked???? REALLY???!!! What temps did you use, how big were the plants and how well-rooted were they? I truly hope you get this problem completely eradicated. I've only had fungus gnats to play with around here. And cabbage aphids.
Maiden, it seems to have worked. I will be keeping a closer eye just to be sure. I have some ladies in 4x4 rockwool cubes. They are all between 8 and twelve inches tall. I put em in a small container about a 12x12 and 4 inches tall and let hot water run thru the container with the plant in it for about five to seven minutes. I observed the bugs movin before I put them thru this. When I pullem the plant out they were all dead. An hour later the carcasses turned blueish. I did not try the coco ones yet but I will today. I will be posting them results as well.

S

Snowman

Sea is the MAN WOMAN!

Heres to you ridding yourself of thoes bastards Souf!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hot water method does not work. I posted about this. I was all excited at first, but then they came back, and it fucked the plants up as well. Get yourself some merit75, treat all of your plant (flowering plants included). Do not smoke the flowering plants. Let them chill for a couple weeks and wipe out all the RA systemically. Throw them away after that. Follow up with some of my foliar pack as a preventative.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

hot water killed 4 of 5 clones i treated that way, 170f.

souf69

souf69

Hot water method does not work. I posted about this. I was all excited at first, but then they came back, and it fucked the plants up as well. Get yourself some merit75, treat all of your plant (flowering plants included). Do not smoke the flowering plants. Let them chill for a couple weeks and wipe out all the RA systemically. Throw them away after that. Follow up with some of my foliar pack as a preventative.
Luckily any plants I do have are reddy for takedown, as I dont believe they were infested or at least not to the point of my others. How long was it before you noticed damage? El, maybe a 125f not 170f. I did not treat the clones, just the rockwool. I was hesitant to do the coco so I didnt do them. Ive been killing the adults when I spot them. I am just happy to kill some, the plants are fine. They look great today, as I would to if something was chewin my vagina all up. Im going to grab merit for the cocos and a p bomb to kill flyers.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

yeah prob way too hot, but iirc Cap did his lower and the RAs came back. the plants reacted within minutes, then crashed over the next 12 hours. maybe they could've handled it if healthier to begin with, but roots were already chewed.

the one that lived was definitely stunted from root damage, not sure if from the heat or RAs or both. meds turned out great though, it was a wifi tester and i saved the cut, but haven't run it again yet to see if structure/yield improve.

souf69

souf69

All of these were treated with the hot water method.The one thats looks the worst, has looked the worst from the jump. I would not use this method for a complete takedown, but it does work as a slow down method for now. My hot water was straight from the faucet not super hot. I would do it again, but not on an unhealthy plant, and surely not a clone. Id say six inches or better, and decently healthy, and rockwool only. These were treated forty eight hours ago, and right afterward got a healthy dose of hand watering with half nute reg with cal mag.

20130601 101522
tweedy

tweedy

So I was able to beat em completely without using Merit. These were in LP aero tubes so they had their roots exposed so I don't know if that made a difference. Filled a 5 gallon bucket with the max dosage of Azamax and soaked each plants root system. Put them back into the system and used Nematodes in the res. Ran it for 24 hours and not a single root aphid body was left. The Azamax stunted/killed em, the Nematodes finished em off. I just did a subsequent res change and azamax dunk again to kill the nematodes.

souf69

souf69

Update
I used bayer tree and shrub one application seems to have wiped em out. Now Im putting them in the barn in the next few days to start the makeshift greenhouse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom